Vale of Clyde vs Benburb

connolly81

Benburb must be feilding some decent trialists if they beat bellshill cause they were honking when i seen them a few weeks back absolute scandal u shld have to fulfill leagie and cup games simple its not school PE where u get a note off your maw to get a day off , deserve to go down for this fiasco

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total farce who is running junior football ? Bens cancelled game last week v larhall now they dictate when they play . I have been involved with wishaw for 6 years now and I am totally disheartened with the way it is being allowed to run . Scott roberertson aka fixtures man does read this forum and should stand up to this some teams are making a mockery of junior football I have seen amateur and boys club leagues run better spuds comments earlier are true and that is a players point of view . In my position as commitee member of wishaw think the match sec has to act upon this as he never did anything about Ashfield calling game off v wishaw earlier in season . Makes me wonder why people like myself and other committee members want to carry on in junior football in my option it's semi professional football ruin by amateurs . No doubt the beaks will now have it in for wishaw after this post but this is my personal option and not the official opinion of wishaw juniors fc .

Even in senior football, if a squad has exceptional amount of injuries they are able to seek a postponement! Now I know this may disadvantage Wishaw, but having no team due to injuries should not disadvantage Benburb either, junior clubs are not able to carry squads of 30 or 40 for just this eventuality and shouldn't have to play a team of triailists just to fulfill a fixture! Surely we have to be fair and equitable to all teams and not just our own?

Agree stewsy but if true then fine but they called off v larhall last week and now this week I smell a rat wishaw had 7 players missing v pollock 3 cup tied 4 injured but just got on with it I am not looking for any praise just stating facts . Blantyre have fulfilled there fixtures when asked sometimes with only 1 sub on bench but just seems to be different rules for bens and Ashfield i am sure Blantyre had injures but just like the rest of teams except bens they dealt with it . But if you think along the same lines as sjfa then that's fine but I fear for future of junior football no wonder sjfa cannot attract sponsors when they allow this to happen

Why is that bens and ashfields fault that Blantyre and wishaw just decide to get on with it????

If there's rules that will help your club how can you criticize them

Also hope bens stay up as they have played all games away from home, they don't belong down where they area

Just my opinion, I'm not a fan of any junior team!

Even in senior football, if a squad has exceptional amount of injuries they are able to seek a postponement! Now I know this may disadvantage Wishaw, but having no team due to injuries should not disadvantage Benburb either, junior clubs are not able to carry squads of 30 or 40 for just this eventuality and shouldn't have to play a team of triailists just to fulfill a fixture! Surely we have to be fair and equitable to all teams and not just our own?

When was the last time a pro team got a game postponed due to high number of injuries?? Genuinely interested in that because I have heard of it with illness with a squad but never injuries! Unfortunately I disagree with you on the point that benburb shouldn't be disadvantaged with injuries! Is that not what a squad is for? Other teams go and find trialists for league games so why shouldn't benburb! So if you can't fulfil a fixture then you forfeit the fixture! If it was due to suspensions would this be allowed to happen?? Simply not good enough from the superiors that run the shambles that is the sjfa!

I`d like to clear up a couple of points here.

1. The Larkhall game was cancelled prior to Saturday`s fixture.

2. Bens struggled to field a team against Bellshill on Saturday, they had 3 trialists and a coach listed in the 14 man squad with some of the squad carrying injuries that were worsened by playing.

3. They had just beaten the league leaders so the next game couldn`t come quick enough, unfortunately it just happened to be a cup tie and with the injuries incurred and not being able to play trialists they were never going to be able to fulfill the fixture.

4. Bens have played "home" ties at 9 different venue`s so far this season as well as surrendering " home " advantage at least twice just to get the ties played.

5. Benburb don`t have an official Website, Twitter or Facebook at the moment they are all run by supporters for supporters, so any confusion caused by the wording of things is probably my fault as I don`t always have the time to update things.

I`d like to clear up a couple of points here.

1. The Larkhall game was cancelled prior to Saturday`s fixture.

2. Bens struggled to field a team against Bellshill on Saturday, they had 3 trialists and a coach listed in the 14 man squad with some of the squad carrying injuries that were worsened by playing.

3. They had just beaten the league leaders so the next game couldn`t come quick enough, unfortunately it just happened to be a cup tie and with the injuries incurred and not being able to play trialists they were never going to be able to fulfill the fixture.

4. Bens have played "home" ties at 9 different venue`s so far this season as well as surrendering " home " advantage at least twice just to get the ties played.

5. Benburb don`t have an official Website, Twitter or Facebook at the moment they are all run by supporters for supporters, so any confusion caused by the wording of things is probably my fault as I don`t always have the time to update things.

Credit for coming on and explaining Benburb's situation! The main argument is why they even allowed to postpone a match due to injuries! You had to forfeit your cup tie against VoC so why are you allowed just not to play a league match because it doesn't suit? Also why was the larkhall game postponed prior to Saturday's match with Bellshill? Why was the Bellshill game not postponed if that game was first??

Can you cite a recent example of a senior team being given a postponement due to injuries,stewsy?

And can you also explain how a decision that favours one team at the expense and inconvenience of other sides,can be seen,in any way,to be 'fair and equitable'?

If that's true then that is an absolute disgrace! Absolute mockery of the league if this is allowed to happen!

Yup,it'll make a mockery of a set up that's already beyond comical,spud. What it might also do is set a precedent that will allow teams to dictate when and where they'll play their fixtures.

Hopefully no Wishaw orVics players sustain any injuries in tonight's game,or this league could be decided around Glesca Fair time! ????

Is there no summit in the rules bout having to show dr's lines or summit, iirc thats what caused all the bother at Shotts a good few year back

I'm sure that only applies to cases of illness,rather than injuries,bud.

What it might also do is set a precedent that will allow teams to dictate when and where they'll play their fixtures.

West Region did that already this season with Ashfield. If Ashfield can get away with it why shouldn't the Bens?

West Region did that already this season with Ashfield. If Ashfield can get away with it why shouldn't the Bens?

That doesn't mean that either decision is correct!

Yup,it'll make a mockery of a set up that's already beyond comical,spud. What it might also do is set a precedent that will allow teams to dictate when and where they'll play their fixtures.

Hopefully no Wishaw orVics players sustain any injuries in tonight's game,or this league could be decided around Glesca Fair time! ????

Here's hoping Tommy! Although if you were to believe the sjfa website VoC are playing the bens tonight! Shows how much interest the sjfa actually have in the lower divisions! Doubt this would be allowed to happen if it involved the top division or some of their teams!

Well,since,as you've rightly reminded us,Ashfield seem to have gone unpunished for employing what some might see as sharp practice (your phrase in bold would appear to confirm this) in order to avoid playing a fixture on the stipulated date,there's absolutely no reason why the Bens shouldn't follow suit.

And later,when other teams have also taken advantage of the latest howler from the Towers,at least we'll be saved the formality of consulting an already laughable fixture list as we just phone around to enquire whether anyone can muster enough players for a game. ^_^

Archived