Since we're all a bunch of missrable ba5tards.

I say we should elect some new songs. One's we could sing from the stands.

Cos lets be honest, Wales has Tom Jones. The Irish,practically have all the songs the Celtic fans sing and Wht do we have??!

Tht shit song 'We'll be coming' and something about a reindeer?????

It's hardly a PARTY

I nominate Travis

We do need to think of new songs in time for the Qatar game, we've been outsang by Northern Ireland back in March, how about some patriotic Scottish songs that we never sing these days.

We do need to think of new songs in time for the Qatar game, we've been outsang by Northern Ireland back in March, how about some patriotic Scottish songs that we never sing these days.

Home fans never turned up and couldn't be arsed with the game where as those bigots see us as a big rival. Would be completely different in a qualifier

Scotland needs to move on with the singing like

Boring as f**k

Get some catchy bouncy tunes on the go

Some chanting etc too

Poland away was surreal, proper football chants from their home fans, none of this 'doh a deer'

We need a singing section at Hampden who can come up with new good chants and songs

Scotland needs to move on with the singing like

Boring as f**k

Get some catchy bouncy tunes on the go

Some chanting etc too

Poland away was surreal, proper football chants from their home fans, none of this 'doh a deer'

We need a singing section at Hampden who can come up with new good chants and songs

Definitely

We do have a non 'working class' element to our support. Our support still has a good few hairy arsed glasgow hardmen but also a significant section of middle class tits. Not enough swearing and shouting in our songs.

We should start singing 'we shall not be moved' again. That is a good shouting song that can make some noise

Edited by ClydeNewcomer

Home fans never turned up and couldn't be arsed with the game where as those bigots see us as a big rival. Would be completely different in a qualifier

Ken, I was there and the atmosphere on the bus there and the pub was better, did not start singing until after the goal.

Definitely

We do have a non 'working class' element to our support. Our support still has a good few hairy arsed glasgow hardmen but also a significant section of middle class tits. Not enough swearing and shouting in our songs.

We should start singing 'we shall not be moved' again. That is a good shouting song that can make some noise

Why?? Who wants to move anyone?? Thats even more random than Doh a Deer. Which in fairness has a smattering of meaning in its origins. The support has been shite since the regimenting of the supporters' groups, giving job titles and a c**t of a complex about 'how to support a team' to complete gimps who'd run around the bases at Euros or WCs handing flyers for shity events. Subsequently, any sort of originality or natural evolution of songs or nature of support is about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit. Group i went with from around 89/90 until 2008/9 consisted of up to two dozen very different but very opinionated supporters, from many walks of life....including middle class 'toffs', including one who hires young guys from Blackhill and Ruchazie as apprentices in his multinational electronics firm. What a tit, eh. He led the parade through Birmingham against the Swiss loudly and as hairy-ersed as you like, yet agrees wholeheartedly with you that the crowd is shite now.

Pinch Motherwell singing "Twist and Shout" the "aaaaaah aaaaaaah aaaaaaaaah" will be quality. John Lennon had a Scottish granny so it qualifies

Ah, so Motherwell started that did they?

Whats wrong with Take Me Back or Big Kilmarnock Bunnet ?

Ok, don't answer that. :unsure:

I've tried to bring back the Christain Daily song, (I love you baby), but with Gordon Strachan instead. Instead of curly hair obviously it's ginger pubes.

"Oh Gordon Strachan, you are the love of my life,

Oh Gordon Strachan, I'd let you shag my wife,

Oh Gordon Strachan, I want ginger pubes too"

Didn't catch on but I think it's because the people round about at Hampden had never heard the Christian Daily version.

I've tried to bring back the Christain Daily song, (I love you baby), but with Gordon Strachan instead. Instead of curly hair obviously it's ginger pubes.

"Oh Gordon Strachan, you are the love of my life,

Oh Gordon Strachan, I'd let you shag my wife,

Oh Gordon Strachan, I want ginger pubes too"

Didn't catch on but I think it's because the people round about at Hampden had never heard the Christian Daily version.

That may well have been one of the reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

In Dublin this was getting belted out all night after the game.

So f*** off James McCarthy

Scotland's having a party

We're gonna qualify, we're gonna qualify

And f*** off Aiden McGeady

Cos Scotland disnae need ye

Noticed at half-time the Irish played their own version of Ally's tartan army, complete with "we'll really shake them up when we win the World Cup, cos Ireland are the greatest football team."

In Dublin this was getting belted out all night after the game.

So f*** off James McCarthy

Scotland's having a party

And f*** off Aiden McGeady

Cos Scotland disnae need ye

Noticed at half-time the Irish played their own version of Ally's tartan army, complete with "we'll really shake them up when we win the World Cup, cos Ireland are the greatest football team."

Twist and Shout also seemed to feature all day both days. There was one mid afternoon on the Saturday where the whole of Temple Bar was bouncing. We were in the Auld Dubliner and went outside to see what was going on and it was just brilliant.

Edited by DigOutYourSoul

Twist and Shout would be a good addition, can you imagine going 2-0 up against Poland and Hampden just breaks into a 'OHHHHHHHHHHHH' 'OHHHHHHHH' 'OHHHHHHHH' 'OHHHHHHHHH' *silence for a few seconds* *abdy starts poznaning about* SHAKE IT UP BABY OHHH SHAKE IT UP BABY

The Poland fans and players would be wondering wtf was going on

Twist and Shout would be a good addition, can you imagine going 2-0 up against Poland and Hampden just breaks into a 'OHHHHHHHHHHHH' 'OHHHHHHHH' 'OHHHHHHHH' 'OHHHHHHHHH' *silence for a few seconds* *abdy starts poznaning about* SHAKE IT UP BABY OHHH SHAKE IT UP BABY

The Poland fans and players would be wondering wtf was going on

Aside from the 2-0 up part this is pretty much exactly what was happening in Dublin. And rather than being confused the Irish just seemed to join in.

I'm still genuinely missing Dublin, was one of the best weekends away I've had - although it was about Thursday before I was back to normal.