FAO Peterhead Fans

What's Reece Donaldson like as a player? Just signed with us, cant remember much about him from the 13-14 Season. Can he cut it in League 2?

Donaldson is more than capable for league 2. He coped reasonably well in the championship for us, but is prone to a major mistake every now and again. He went on loan to Peterhead and seemed to do really well for them in league 2. I would say league 1 was probably his level at the minute. Him, along with frazer Mullen are 2 players I didn't think would be in league 2 so early in their careers..

Did very well for us when on loan in 13-14 so much so that that we signed him on a permanent contract for 14-15. Unfortunately he never recaptured that loan form and after being shunted around a few different positions he dropped out completely. Looked really unfit at the end of the season as well.

Tully obviously knows what he's capable of so hopefully can get the best out of him with a good pre season.

He seemed to have a habit of picking up cards as well, not sure if that is part of his character or just the lack of discipline we had as a whole this year. He was a regular starter at the begining of the season but was a fringe player towards the end once we brought in Mark Millar, McDonald and the yank so good luck to him of he can get regular football.

• 5 weeks later...

Ross Smith any good? Signed for the binos

Ex Dundee United and Stenhousemuir player apart from us. Big strong centre half but a distinct lack of pace.

Think the lack of pace caught him out at Stenny. Thankfully for us we had Scott Ross and other quick players around to cover for him.

Ex Dundee United and Stenhousemuir player apart from us. Big strong centre half but a distinct lack of pace.

Think the lack of pace caught him out at Stenny. Thankfully for us we had Scott Ross and other quick players around to cover for him.

Wasn't just his lack of pace, it was his lack of ability as a footballer that caught him out. One of the worst centre-backs I've ever seen at Ochilview.

I wish him well at Stirling Albion.

Wasn't just his lack of pace, it was his lack of ability as a footballer that caught him out. One of the worst centre-backs I've ever seen at Ochilview.

I wish him well at Stirling Albion.

He did however have some excellent performances for the toon prior to this move.

How did David Cox perform for you? Can't say I've ever rated him whenever I've seen him play. What position does he actually play? I thought he was a striker but his abysmal scoring record would suggest otherwise.

Popular with the fans mainly for his effort. Things don't always work out for him but he can be guaranteed to keep trying. I think he started his career as a striker, but mainly used out wide in recent years. He has also played centre mid and right-back for Peterhead. Pretty decent in the air bearing in mind he is not the tallest. Often used as a sub last season which probably hastened his departure. I am personally sorry to see him go but would wish him all the best both on and off the park.

Popular with the fans mainly for his effort. Things don't always work out for him but he can be guaranteed to keep trying. I think he started his career as a striker, but mainly used out wide in recent years. He has also played centre mid and right-back for Peterhead. Pretty decent in the air bearing in mind he is not the tallest. Often used as a sub last season which probably hastened his departure. I am personally sorry to see him go but would wish him all the best both on and off the park.

Agree with most of this. Only thing to add is that he is very hot headed.

• 2 weeks later...

What was Gary McDonald like with use? Just signed seen he signed with Kilwinning

He was one of our best players with a better scoring ratio than Rory McAllister.

Gary scored 7 goals in 14 appearances whilst Rory scored 9 goals in 36 games.

Archived