SFA South Region Challenge Cup Final

onepoundfifty

according to Twitter BSC won 2-0. I wasn't there because I couldn't be arsed getting out of bed today otherwise I might have gone. Nice to see a new club win a trophy, although wish it had been City of course!

Well done to BSC who won 2-0 this afternoon. A wee bit harsh on the Strollers who should have taken an early lead and it was a wonder goal that undid them for the first. Great finish though and BSC looked more comfortable as the game went on.

Great weather for it and a big crowd about 290 we made it at Ferguson Park.

Enjoy your night ????

Ffs I'm in agreement with Rab.

I was guest of honour with the Strollers, thanks to Tam & Keith et al for looking after me.

Strollers ran out In their new strip looking very Real.

Had the football gods been shining as brightly as the sun at Rosewell yesterday then Strollers would have been ahead by 2 goals in the 1st 10 min, but alas they were on the Glasgow sides against Edinburghs teams.

The BSC goal, was probably their 1st attack but what a strike must have been 30 yards & dipped just in time to smash the back of the net leaving the keeper a spectator.

Strollers battled on up the hill in the remainder of the 1st 1/2,& it was an even battle at that.

I partook of the welfare hospitality despite my ban, that beard fooled no one but was itchy as hell in that weather & got stuck in the cheese butties.

I thought 2nd half with the slope in their favour that they'd get the equalizer but BSC defended stoutly.

Has the time went on & the Strolers pressed for the goal BSC got the breakaway & scored the goal that ended the tie.

Well done BSC on winning the Cup & unlucky Strollers. Both teams put on a good performance & it didn't look like a leagues difference between them.

I hope the licensing folk were at the game to see that the Strollers would not look out of place in our league. Well done Ross & Colin & all the lads in their squad.

Back at the Strollers place & had the hospitality & bumped in to Ex-Spartans legend Towners.

I managed to drag myself away about 8o'clock & headed down to the Malt for a couple having lost count of how many I'd already had.

Once again thanks very much to the Strollers committee for looking after me & good luck with the LL application, Tam gave me a tour of the stadia & told me of their future plans too, it's all looking good for the Marine Drive Marvels!

Grimbo

Ffs I'm in agreement with Rab. I was guest of honour with the Strollers, thanks to Tam & Keith et al for looking after me. Strollers ran out In their new strip looking very Real. ... Once again thanks very much to the Strollers committee for looking after me & good luck with the LL application, Tam gave me a tour of the stadia & told me of their future plans too, it's all looking good for the Marine Drive Marvels! Grimbo

Should this not be in the "transfer thread"? :P

Ffs I'm in agreement with Rab.

I was guest of honour with the Strollers, thanks to Tam & Keith et al for looking after me.

Strollers ran out In their new strip looking very Real.

Had the football gods been shining as brightly as the sun at Rosewell yesterday then Strollers would have been ahead by 2 goals in the 1st 10 min, but alas they were on the Glasgow sides against Edinburghs teams.

The BSC goal, was probably their 1st attack but what a strike must have been 30 yards & dipped just in time to smash the back of the net leaving the keeper a spectator.

Strollers battled on up the hill in the remainder of the 1st 1/2,& it was an even battle at that.

I partook of the welfare hospitality despite my ban, that beard fooled no one but was itchy as hell in that weather & got stuck in the cheese butties.

I thought 2nd half with the slope in their favour that they'd get the equalizer but BSC defended stoutly.

Has the time went on & the Strolers pressed for the goal BSC got the breakaway & scored the goal that ended the tie.

Well done BSC on winning the Cup & unlucky Strollers. Both teams put on a good performance & it didn't look like a leagues difference between them.

I hope the licensing folk were at the game to see that the Strollers would not look out of place in our league. Well done Ross & Colin & all the lads in their squad.

Back at the Strollers place & had the hospitality & bumped in to Ex-Spartans legend Towners.

I managed to drag myself away about 8o'clock & headed down to the Malt for a couple having lost count of how many I'd already had.

Once again thanks very much to the Strollers committee for looking after me & good luck with the LL application, Tam gave me a tour of the stadia & told me of their future plans too, it's all looking good for the Marine Drive Marvels!

Grimbo

I wondered how you had a tie on at the game Grim :lol:

Thought it was a good game yesterday css played some nice football but just lacked that bit of quality it was a scorcher of a day and 2 good goals gave bsc a deserved victory The bus journey back to the maryhill juniors club was brilliant then a fantastic night was had by one and all having been involved last season with ekfc yesterday's cup win was much better and well done to the coaching staff for winning the challenge cup 2 years in a row

Thought it was a good game yesterday css played some nice football but just lacked that bit of quality it was a scorcher of a day and 2 good goals gave bsc a deserved victory The bus journey back to the maryhill juniors club was brilliant then a fantastic night was had by one and all having been involved last season with ekfc yesterday's cup win was much better and well done to the coaching staff for winning the challenge cup 2 years in a row

Are they going to go for he hat-trick? Only kidding I can't see the BSC sacking them.

Grimbo

Just goes to show how competitive and strong the lowland league is when the team that finished 10th wins the big cup.

If we made up a LL select they could have won everything well maybe only got to the big Scottish final.

Grimbo

• 4 weeks later...

Just goes to show how competitive and strong the lowland league is when the team that finished 10th wins the big cup.

What conclusions would you draw from Civil Service Strollers being in the final? Think the stronger LL clubs may not have seen this as a top priority because this competition has a long way to go before it rivals the Junior Cup in prestige and that's the premier cup trophy every club above amateur and below the SPFL really should be playing for every season, but it's Scottish football so there's zero chance of common sense prevailing and BSC Glasgow do deserve praise for proving people wrong about their ability to compete and get licensed.

Archived