East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

Blackburn 3 Rosyth 2

We started really poorly and found ourselves 2 doon at ht when it could have been 4 ,second half we were brilliant and got it back to 2-2 thru Goodwin and Hampson .it was end to end stuff with both teams going for it ,felt we should have had a pen when big Mikey was took down in the box and then our fwd is put thru but ref blew for offside and was in my opinion was on,Blackburn went straight up the park and scored the winner as we were still arguing,got to say the second half was one of the best end to end games I have ever seen with both goalies making great saves.all the best to Blackburn,great set up and good bunch of boy's

Wasn't there yesterday but sounds like I missed a cracker, a game of two halves I'm told. Three points keeps us in contention, feel there could be plenty of twists and turns yet.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn play negatively, you on the wind up? The game last week we played 78 minutes with 10 men and still took the game to you and we could have won it if we had took our chances. At Tranent we were under the cosh for most of the game but then these things happen, we were playing away to a good team with lots of experience at a higher level. That said, you haven't manage to lead us at any point in 180 minutes of football.

Look at the highlights on you tube to see Tranent dominated. That would have been the case with or without 11 men. Tranent had 2 goals disallowed. Use had your chances because you had to go for a win. You won't win leagues with draws.

If Blackburn beat Whitburn Tranent could still do use a favour by beating Whitburn also. Lots of twists and turns still to happen in the league but wouldn't change tranents position for anyone else's.

Look at the highlights on you tube to see Tranent dominated. That would have been the case with or without 11 men. Tranent had 2 goals disallowed. Use had your chances because you had to go for a win. You won't win leagues with draws.

Tranent dominated for spells, Blackburn dominated for spells with 10 men and could and perhaps should have scored twice in the first half. Second half we were still well in it but with a man less Tranent had the lions share of possession, how that equates to negativity is mystifying. Mind you there was some Tranent tube in the enclosure shouting "are you going to come out of your own half Blackburn" over and over again at the start of the game just before Gary Smith almost hit the opener, he shut up with that little ditty after that. You know, I do get the impression that some Tranent followers have found themselves an air of superiority from the depths of someone else's wallet. These people were nowhere to be seen last season, or the season before that, or the season before that. It's good to win with dignity as well as lose.

Tranent dominated for spells, Blackburn dominated for spells with 10 men and could and perhaps should have scored twice in the first half. Second half we were still well in it but with a man less Tranent had the lions share of possession, how that equates to negativity is mystifying. Mind you there was some Tranent tube in the enclosure shouting "are you going to come out of your own half Blackburn" over and over again at the start of the game just before Gary Smith almost hit the opener, he shut up with that little ditty after that. You know, I do get the impression that some Tranent followers have found themselves an air of superiority from the depths of someone else's wallet. These people were nowhere to be seen last season, or the season before that, or the season before that. It's good to win with dignity as well as lose.

There's a lot of positives things happening with sport in Tranent as a whole. Use seem to be a bit jealous of what's happening to Tranent recently. Tranents suffered like everyone else over the years and now with new sponsors and committee members and a new coaching staff were going strong and in the right direction. As for taking the game to us I can't remember Blackburn full backs in our half with the ball but I can remember our centre half running with the ball from his box and not getting pressed until 25yards out. Use did have a few chances but even with 11 men use would never have dominated Tranent the way we have done to use in both games.

There's a lot of positives things happening with sport in Tranent as a whole. Use seem to be a bit jealous of what's happening to Tranent recently. Tranents suffered like everyone else over the years and now with new sponsors and committee members and a new coaching staff were going strong and in the right direction. As for taking the game to us I can't remember Blackburn full backs in our half with the ball but I can remember our centre half running with the ball from his box and not getting pressed until 25yards out. Use did have a few chances but even with 11 men use would never have dominated Tranent the way we have done to use in both games.

Surely dominating teams counts for nothing if you don't get a result?

You saw a different game from me in that case, but at the end of the day when you play nearly all the game against the runaway league leaders with 10 men then you're hardly going to go gung ho and a draw in the circumstances keeps us right in it.

As for jealousy, did you take a look around? Sure, we can't go out and buy a new team so we can dominate games but the club works hard in other ways to build sustainability and bring through young players where we can and try and attract good players with the facilities we now can offer.

It's genuinely good to see a club with Tranents history on the up, they are a cornerstone of the Junior game as much as the Linlithgows and Auchinlecks of this world, but just remember where you have came from, you've been a struggling small fry like many of us for the last 20 years and have won the lottery with your new backer. So when crowing about dominating the opposition, for many onlookers it's no better than a Rangers fan crowing about dominating Dumbarton.

I remember where we have came from. Like I said we have struggled like most of the others for the last 20 years. Everyone seems to think tranents buying the league. We have 7 players under 23 who are not on big money. We have local lads who could and have played at a higher level for more money but are buying into the clubs ambitions and where we want to get to. It's down to the hard work of the committee members and new coaching staff that's made Tranent a good place for the players to be at just now.

You saw a different game from me in that case, but at the end of the day when you play nearly all the game against the runaway league leaders with 10 men then you're hardly going to go gung ho and a draw in the circumstances keeps us right in it.

As for jealousy, did you take a look around? Sure, we can't go out and buy a new team so we can dominate games but the club works hard in other ways to build sustainability and bring through young players where we can and try and attract good players with the facilities we now can offer.

It's genuinely good to see a club with Tranents history on the up, they are a cornerstone of the Junior game as much as the Linlithgows and Auchinlecks of this world, but just remember where you have came from, you've been a struggling small fry like many of us for the last 20 years and have won the lottery with your new backer. So when crowing about dominating the opposition, for many onlookers it's no better than a Rangers fan crowing about dominating Dumbarton.

Don't think anyone at Tranent are getting ahead of themselves, we have done nothing yet, I find it frustrating when all you hear is the supposed money I've pumped in!! Could not be further from the truth. 25k if truth be told and 18k was on kit for 4 teams, setting up a webpage and other critical things. Yes we spent a few grand to Haddington for a few players then sold one for top dollar. The structure of the is solid and regardless if I'm there or not the club will go from strength to strength. I've said before on here anybody is welcome at our AGM all we be transparent at that point, I feel for our manager who has worked his balls of and regardless of what happens this year the gaffer will always be looked upon as the Tranent manager who bought success. Let's get this straight, we would not half the players we do unless we was at the helm. Blackburn have a fantastic setup, that's the next steps for us to follow what you guys have. Ps you have a very good team as well, I just feel over the 2 games you might look back and think I wish we had a right go. Then again maybe not if you and Whitburn go up! Cheers

A manager who has won the league as a player with Dalkeith and Edinburgh and Haddington as an assistant manager in the last 3 years. He knows what it takes to get out of the south division. He's also a local lad so his heart and soul has went into the club which players can see and are happy to play for. Like JOS said we have done nothing yet though but hopefully the foundations of the club are there for us to push on now. Great set up at Blackburn and good luck for the rest of the season.

A manager who has won the league as a player with Dalkeith and Edinburgh and Haddington as an assistant manager in the last 3 years. He knows what it takes to get out of the south division. He's also a local lad so his heart and soul has went into the club which players can see and are happy to play for. Like JOS said we have done nothing yet though but hopefully the foundations of the club are there for us to push on now. Great set up at Blackburn and good luck for the rest of the season.

think when the manager is told there is money to spend on players half way through the season and he refuses so the club can by a 2k lawnmor so the playing surface can be improved tells you everything about the boy. Remembering we had 3 top class super league players on the phone asking to come. We are happy to pay the fee but Gary refuses to pay what they want a week.

Agreed!

I remember where we have came from. Like I said we have struggled like most of the others for the last 20 years. Everyone seems to think tranents buying the league. We have 7 players under 23 who are not on big money. We have local lads who could and have played at a higher level for more money but are buying into the clubs ambitions and where we want to get to. It's down to the hard work of the committee members and new coaching staff that's made Tranent a good place for the players to be at just now.

who's the local lads that could have played at a higher level for more money hotdogs?

You tell me what local lad couldn't play at a higher level jer?

you said use have local lads that could have played at a higher level for more money than what they r getting at Tranent, who are you talking about?

I said there's local guys who could and have played at a higher level. Read it again bud. Your a local lad yourself so you know everyone I'm talking about.

no doubting they are capable of, but if they actually had options to go to a higher level and get more money I'm not so sure about!

Archived