East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

Bathgate only draw away at FWE. They need at least a point away at Tayport next week to have a chance of avoiding relegation. Lose, and it's welcome to the South Division.

EDIT: and with North End winning at St.Andrews, I think they may need all 3 points.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aye hopefully, all the players have re-signed and are now a year more experienced in junior football so with one or two experienced boys coming in hopefully we will be up there again this season.

Good luck in trying to prize transfer money out of your new club treasurer, number 4, I hear he's as tight as the wallpaper on the wall :P

Good luck in trying to prize transfer money out of your new club treasurer, number 4, I hear he's as tight as the wallpaper on the wall :P

Didn't know we had a new club treasurer tam and if we do he will be like the last one as he was tight as well

For Dunbar to have any chance, we need to hold on to our best players and add quality as opposed to quantity. It will be interesting to see the players brought in. I will not make too much of a judgement at this stage with the season barely finished but it has the makings of a very competitive league with the potential of Bathgate dropping down, Easthouses coming in and Tranent clearly making noises. Add to that Whitburn, Rosyth and Blackburn. Clearly not discounting any one else, as we seen with Rosyth this year with a few additions anyone can challenge.

For Dunbar to have any chance, we need to hold on to our best players and add quality as opposed to quantity. It will be interesting to see the players brought in. I will not make too much of a judgement at this stage with the season barely finished but it has the makings of a very competitive league with the potential of Bathgate dropping down, Easthouses coming in and Tranent clearly making noises. Add to that Whitburn, Rosyth and Blackburn. Clearly not discounting any one else, as we seen with Rosyth this year with a few additions anyone can challenge.

going to be very interesting next season,some good teams in the league will be making a name for themselves

DNE Kinnoul and Coupar Angus will all be added to the North Division. Would it not make sense to put Glenrothes in the South. They are less than 10 minutes away from Lochgelly.

that would make sense .

Why move a team from one division to another and replace them with a team only a couple of minutes away. Kirkcaldy are not the ones that got relegated.

think if they asked lochore and kirkcaldy if they fancied moving to the south league first but if no, the sensible option is put the glens in the south league

The sensible option is to move Lochore as they are the next closest being only 2.5 miles from Gardiners Park, and it brings back the Lochgelly/Lochore derby which I guess is good for both clubs.

In fact, I think that may be in the rules/guidelines anyway, the next closest club to the "dividing line" is moved. Glenrothes dropping into the South makes no sense when you have three clubs that are closer (Lochore, Kirkcaldy and Thornton).

The North clubs will be hoping Glenrothes go to South league as they will see them as a main challenger for promotion next season. Would be a ridiculous idea to send them south before others.

They might very well struggle to gain promotion from either league, can't deny that. However, they will still be classed as a main challenger and may even start of the season as bookies favourites to go up. In terms of if they have the quality to do so, then personally feel they have a decent enough squad and with 2 or 3 good signings to boost it, think they will challenge at least. Only time will tell though.

Glenrothes are a big club in Fife junior football and obviously have went through a bad patch last year or 2. They will be hoping that with new management team getting their own boys in from start of season rather than December this year, they can get off to a good start and mount serious challenge. If, and heard it's a big if, they can keep Chaz Scarborough then they will certainly be up there IMO.

Archived