The 2015/16 Hibernian F.C. Championship Thread

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard on the Dee forum that Sam Stanton was a sweetener Hartley wanted instead of money for Boyle. Hibs were only too happy to go ahead with this but after repeated requests and negotiations, turns out Stanton is pretty happy on his reported 2k a week, 4 year deal which we just wouldn't pay which is why the rumour has shifted to a potential loan deal. That is, if it happens at all - as we seem to be preferring the money option or Alex Harris (Jesus, please no) which Stubbs isn't keen on anyways. So looks like it'll be some sort of fee negotiated rather than a player coming to us.

This could all be shite though, no great source just been mentioned on our forum by a guy that's got a decent track record.

Heard on the Dee forum that 1)Sam Stanton was a sweetener Hartley wanted instead of money for Boyle. 2)Hibs were only too happy to go ahead with this but after repeated requests and negotiations, turns out Stanton is pretty happy on 3)his reported 2k a week, 4 year deal which we just wouldn't pay which is why the rumour has shifted to a potential loan deal. That is, if it happens at all - as we seem to be preferring the money option or 4)Alex Harris (Jesus, please no) which Stubbs isn't keen on anyways. So looks like it'll be some sort of fee negotiated rather than a player coming to us.

5)This could all be shite though, no great source just been mentioned on our forum by a guy that's got a decent track record.

1) I find that incredibly unlikely. :unsure:

2) I find that incredibly unlikely. :huh:

3) I find that incredibly unlikely. :lol:

4) What was he like for Dundee? He is the only player I've seen mentioned in the unlikely 'swap deal' rumours.

Since Boyle's contract had ended, won't Hibs have just paid the fixed/nominal fee required?

5) I can confidently claim that that is irrevocably, irrefutably 'shite'.

I'm just quoting what was mentioned, the wage thing did put more than a bit of doubt myself - but due to knowing nothing about the player other than the fact that Terry Butcher rated him massively and that he's fell down the pecking order at Hibs thought it was worth sharing. Cheers for the quick rubbishing of the story - although, the papers (Dundee ones at least) have been linking us with Stanton as well as Harris seems a definite no go as Stubbs is keen on keeping him.

We are looking to do a swap 6 month loan for Stanton in exchange for our highly rated keeper Ryan Scully.

I look forward to teaming up with Stants down the wing.

#TotalFootball

8)

Heard on the Dee forum that Sam Stanton was a sweetener Hartley wanted instead of money for Boyle. Hibs were only too happy to go ahead with this but after repeated requests and negotiations, turns out Stanton is pretty happy on his reported 2k a week, 4 year deal which we just wouldn't pay which is why the rumour has shifted to a potential loan deal. That is, if it happens at all - as we seem to be preferring the money option or Alex Harris (Jesus, please no) which Stubbs isn't keen on anyways. So looks like it'll be some sort of fee negotiated rather than a player coming to us.

This could all be shite though, no great source just been mentioned on our forum by a guy that's got a decent track record.

:lol:

Archived