Celtic's average wage bill is 25 times higher than Ross County&#39

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't find the Hibs stat that surprising. If anything I didn't expect it to be so far behind Aberdeen and as close to Dundee United as it was. It's always interesting to contrast wage expenditure with finishing position, though. It would also be interesting to compare with attendances, too.

Also, for all that people go on as if Scottish football is dirt poor and all, the average weekly salary is £2,800. Take out Celtic and it's still £1,500. I'll bear that in mind the next time players are moaning about this or that. It's still a very lucrative occupation.

I don't trust any figures given that accountants have had their grubby little paws on. The County one looks a prime case.

Can't see Saints being that high up the table either unless it includes one off cup win bonuses.

Saints don't disclose player wages to their own shareholders, so I can't see how 'Sporting Intelligence' can get hold of them.

But everyone has salaries in their annual accounts. They then work out the average wage.

Saints don't disclose player wages to their own shareholders, so I can't see how 'Sporting Intelligence' can get hold of them.

Indeed. I just skimmed but couldn't see exactly where they get the info from. I take it there's a fair bit of creative accountancy and guesswork involved.

Indeed. I just skimmed but couldn't see exactly where they get the info from. I take it there's a fair bit of creative accountancy and guesswork involved.

How come when something like this is published St Johnstone fans cast aspersions on it, but when some farmer on a message board says Dundee players are getting paid 4k a week they lap it up and start raving on about admin?

How come when something like this is published St Johnstone fans cast aspersions on it, but when some farmer on a message board says Dundee players are getting paid 4k a week they lap it up and start raving on about admin?

Because football fans are hypocrites when it comes to their own clubs? Just a guess like.

Because football fans are hypocrites when it comes to their own clubs? Just a guess like.

You are of course correct but have ruined the chance for some serious self reflection for your southerly country brethren.

This information may have sank in better if they managed to come up with it themselves.

:(

I was casting aspersions on it simply because I know Saints don't publish salary figures.

I don't know what Dundee pay their players, but with the benefit of historical perspective, it's a fair bet it's too much.

I was casting aspersions on it simply because I know Saints don't publish salary figures.

I don't know what Dundee pay their players, but with the benefit of historical perspective, it's a fair bet it's too much.

You are basing Dundees spending under new ownership and board on 2 previous regimes....

Minter.

You are basing Dundees spending under new ownership and board on 2 previous regimes....

No I'm not. I said I have no idea how much Dundee pay. Nor do I have any interest really.

I was just pointing out that Dundee have previous; I can't understand why you get so upset that some think they overspend when they've been pathologically incapable of living within their means for most of the last 30 years.

Probably because we're well known for not spending our money and banking it whilst you're well known for overspending someone else's money and going into admin. Thank you.

Archived