Motherwell v Hibs / Rangers - Play Off Final

Well we know we are now there. Took a bit of time - but was always likely.

Our midfield and attack gives us a chance - conversely our defence and goalie gives us little chance. Sadly after last Saturday I think the winner of the semi-final play off will be back in the Premiership.

If we are gone it may be for only a season - should they decide a shake up is on the cards.

So the question is - who do fans of other teams (still) in the Premiership want to see win the play off final and come up or stay up ??

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be fantastic to drub The Sevco and keep them down but our track record speaks for itself against them and we are famous Ibrox bottle merchants.

I feel our only chance of survival is to get Hibs and hopefully take a draw or better back to Fir Park. Get beat in the first leg and we are finished.

Unfortunately I have zero confidence in this team and I have already come to terms with watching second tier football next season.

Hopefully this team will prove me wrong.

100% convinced it will be Hibs against us, and from there I genuinely can't call it. Proper 50/50 chance over the 2 legs.

Would prefer Motherwell to stay up given our record against them this year. Always seem to play well at Fir Park too. Hibs look like they could be a decent team next year and would likely be challenging for a top 6 place. I'd be fairly happy with either though as it would mean Rangers staying down another year at least.

I'm not really confident regardless of who we get - the big unknown is how good Rangers and Hibs are relative to the Premiership in general. Practically all of the teams that have come up recently have done well and so there is no reason to suspect otherwise about Hibs and Rangers but equally, I'm not expecting them to be streets ahead of us.

The playoff semi will be interesting this week to see how both teams handle the pressure as Rangers looked none too clever in that regard at the weekend..

As has already been stated we are pretty certain to bottle it against whatever incarnation of Rangeco we come up against. So here's hoping it's Hibs we come up against.

Tough one for an accies fan if it's mwell vs rangers. Having wrestled with my conscience I think I would rather motherwell go down. Just because rangers will inevitably go up at some point in the future and I don't want motherwell let off the hook given how many times they've escaped relegation in the past.

I accept I will be in the minority on this forum but f**k it.

Archived