Scotland squad - Qatar and Ireland

I have yet to see a Scotland game when afterwards I thought to myself 'Bannan was awful'.. It hasn't happened yet, he always puts in a good performance when he comes on. Seems the blue of Scotland brings out the best in him.

P.s he can pass, very well infact.

Thats cause he dosent do anything, always with the easy pass, takes the easy option every time.

Add that to the fact a gust of wind blows hime off the ball.

Anyone can pass the ball 5 yards, does not make you a good passer.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats cause he dosent do anything, always with the easy pass, takes the easy option every time.

Are you on the wind up? Clearly can't remember our last game v Gibralter when Bannan came on and played a hollywood pass to Fletcher which ended up in a scoring opportunity. He was sensational when he came on. If there's one thing Bannan doesn't do it's constant 5 yard passes.

Do you watch football brah?

145 games and a grand total of 5 goals in his career.

Frightening

Busquets.. 245 games for Barca, 7 goals.

And he plays for Barcelona for f*cks sake.

Your point?

Bit harsh there to be fair. I would rather have a player who played the easy ball to someone in their own team than a guy trying to be world cup wullie and constantly giving it away. If you had a good first touch and played the easy 5-10 yard pass you must have played at a decent level although by the sounds of it you were more of a 'world cup wullie' and therefore 5 a side was your limit.

Busquets.. 245 games for Barca, 7 goals.

And he plays for Barcelona for f*cks sake.

Your point?

Busquets is a defensive mid, there to protect the centre backs and break up play to allow the better players to attack.

Bannan is supposed to be a creative/attacking midfielder

Are you on the wind up? Clearly can't remember our last game v Gibralter when Bannan came on and played a hollywood pass to Fletcher which ended up in a scoring opportunity. He was sensational when he came on. If there's one thing Bannan doesn't do it's constant 5 yard passes.

Do you watch football brah?

Sensational against Gibraltar?, aye and my old gran couldve been as well, they are a pub team.

Seem to remember he was "sensational" against the Faroe Islands as well

Bit harsh there to be fair. I would rather have a player who played the easy ball to someone in their own team than a guy trying to be world cup wullie and constantly giving it away. If you had a good first touch and played the easy 5-10 yard pass you must have played at a decent level although by the sounds of it you were more of a 'world cup wullie' and therefore 5 a side was your limit.

Amateur Fitba was my limit, never saw aye to aye with managers, seven hells actually wanting to play entertaining fitba and go forward and take people on seems to be a foreign concept in this country.

Crab fitba seems to be the name of the game here, either that or an aimless launch up the park.

Imagine wee Messi was Scottish, he would probably have been binned for Back the way Bannan

Amateur Fitba was my limit, never saw aye to aye with managers, seven hells actually wanting to play entertaining fitba and go forward and take people on seems to be a foreign concept in this country.

Crab fitba seems to be the name of the game here, either that or an aimless launch up the park.

Imagine wee Messi was Scottish, he would probably have been binned for Back the way Bannan

Let me guess...all your Managers wanted you to keep the ball but you wanted to be Messi and constantly gave it away?

Anyway, I'm not a huge Bannan fan but he's not as bad as you are making out. I doubt he will start anyway.

Bannan's a decent player, not great, but he has the engine and attitude to fit in well with the Scotland squad.

As for him taking the easy 5-10 yard passes every time - where did that come from? Apart from the games mentioned above, do you not remember his reverse pass/cross that led to the winning goal vs Lithuania a few years ago. The guy can keep it tight and can unlock opposition defences with imaginative passes too.

Sensational against Gibraltar?, aye and my old gran couldve been as well, they are a pub team.

Seem to remember he was "sensational" against the Faroe Islands as well

Your gran is clearly better than 3-4 of the starting 11 against Gibralter then because some of them were rubbish. Does Strachan know about your gran?

Busquets is a defensive mid, there to protect the centre backs and break up play to allow the better players to attack.

Bannan is supposed to be a creative/attacking midfielder

Bannan started his careeras a defensive midfielder btw...

Your gran is clearly better than 3-4 of the starting 11 against Gibralter then because some of them were rubbish. Does Strachan know about your gran?

They sure were, Bannan isnt the only one that should be punted.

The likes of Greer,Berra, McCarthur,Hanley and many more should be nowhere near the Scotland squad.

Bannan's a decent player, not great, but he has the engine and attitude to fit in well with the Scotland squad.

As for him taking the easy 5-10 yard passes every time - where did that come from? Apart from the games mentioned above, do you not remember his reverse pass/cross that led to the winning goal vs Lithuania a few years ago. The guy can keep it tight and can unlock opposition defences with imaginative passes too.

1 pass a few years against the might of Lithuania, a couple of Hollywood performances against the likes of Gibraltar and the Faroe Islands.

That is the sum total of his Scotland career.

Rubbish, this is the same nonsense we used to get with the likes of Dailly,Pressley and Alexander and they were all honking as well.

They sure were, Bannan isnt the only one that should be punted.

The likes of Greer,Berra, McCarthur,Hanley and many more should be nowhere near the Scotland squad.

Jesus christ.. Wtf has Greer and Hanley done to deserve that? Greer is yet to have a bad game for Scotland and Hanley will be our main centre half for years to come. I don't rate McCarthur too highly but he still deserves to be in the squad!

Let me guess...all your Managers wanted you to keep the ball but you wanted to be Messi and constantly gave it away?

Anyway, I'm not a huge Bannan fan but he's not as bad as you are making out. I doubt he will start anyway.

There were many better players than me who didnt make it, but when you have managers shouting get rid of it what chance do they have.

Jesus christ.. Wtf has Greer and Hanley done to deserve that? Greer is yet to have a bad game for Scotland and Hanley will be our main centre half for years to come. I don't rate McCarthur too highly but he still deserves to be in the squad!

Hanley is a bombscare who has been slightly lucky in that some of disasters havent been punished, although it was a friendly his performance against England showed him up.

Gordon Greer is a journeyman, nowhere near international class.

Archived