Forsyth

Adam

McArthur

Ritchie

Russell

Bannan

Griffiths

V Qatar

Is McGregor injured or has he just been dropped because he's not playing at Hull?

And Hanley must still be injured too (the delicate wee flower that he is)?

Griffiths deserves a shot based on recent form - glad to see him in. As always, McCormack misses out, which is a shame. Same with Rhodes.

Overall, not too much of a deviation from the last squad and probably our strongest lot with just a few fringe changes.

ETA - no Matt Phillips? I can smell a scarf being burnt somewhere...

Doesn't seem like the right time to go changing things tbh. The team has worked well so far and Ireland is our biggest game in years with Qatar being the only preparation for it. Can see him playing pretty much a full strength starting eleven in Edinburgh while taking advantage of substitutes in the second half

Is McGregor injured or has he just been dropped because he's not playing at Hull?

And Hanley must still be injured too (the delicate wee flower that he is)?

Griffiths deserves a shot based on recent form - glad to see him in. As always, McCormack misses out, which is a shame. Same with Rhodes.

Overall, not too much of a deviation from the last squad and probably our strongest lot with just a few fringe changes.

ETA - no Matt Phillips? I can smell a scarf being burnt

somewhere...

I just seen Strachans interview on sky there and he said McGregor has been carrying an injury for roughly a year so it was best to leave rest him. Scott Bain is out for the season as well but I don't actually know how serious his injury is. Credit to him though as he's been excellent for us.

I just seen Strachans interview on sky there and he said McGregor has been carrying an injury for roughly a year so it was best to leave rest him. Scott Bain is out for the season as well but I don't actually know how serious his injury is. Credit to him though as he's been excellent for us.

Bain's injured? WTF?

Great news about Bain. Well-deserved.

I know circumstances have dictated it, but it must be a long, long time since a Dundee player was called up but there was no-one from any of Rangers, Hearts, Hibs or Dundee Utd in the squad.

Mulgrew??? He's been injured for 5 months and only just back!!! Surprised Rhodes can't get a look in.

I reckon we have a strong starting 11 but I wouldn't say we have quality and depth in the squad.

Anyway we should have enough to beat that Ireland team. Mon the Scotland!!!

Bannan has been excellent for Scotland, especially under Strachan.

I know he has been, he's been decent when he's played, probably harsh me saying that tbh.

I always usually stick up for him, he played well against Gibraltar but I would've liked to see Armstrong and/or GMS in instead.

I love the Scottish FA facebook page when a squad is announced. A whole collection of folk genuinely furious that whichever of Arfield/Jack/Shinnie/Souttar isn't included, or screeching about Scott Brown's inclusion. Terrific value.

Also don't see the fuss over Mulgrew coming back. We could be a bit more vulnerable at CB with the Hanley/Martin partnership being disrupted, and Mulgrew sitting in front of the back four could be crucial. As said, he was terrific in November and, really, has been pretty consistent under WGS.

Mulgrew has been out injured for 5 months! Aye he was on top form before the injury but you don't just bounce back flying after that long out. It's not possible he is match fit or sharp. Can only imagine he is in there for experience and support to the younger boys in the squad.

Mulgrew has been out injured for 5 months! Aye he was on top form before the injury but you don't just bounce back flying after that long out. It's not possible he is match fit or sharp. Can only imagine he is in there for experience and support to the younger boys in the squad.

But like I said, who do you pick instead of him?

Archived