LEITH FC vs LTHVFC

I went along today to watch the game, very good game, good players on show and a healthy crowd

Lothian were very good on the day, played good passing game, high tempo and very good shape, Leith were good and matched them apart from the defensive third of the pitch, the Leith center halves were very shaky but to be fair Lothian would have beat most teams in the mood they were in and had quality right through the 3rds of the pitch

I am very disappointed to be reading on social media from easthouses manager accusing Leith as a club .

Derek and his coaching staff have a right to blood young players in whenever and however they like, they manage Leith not easthouses, and have a right to give young players an opportunity to play

I will be interested to see what the average age of easthouses players are? do they have any or give any youngsters opportunities? any player pathway? very amateurish to me

it is very amateurish of easthouses manager to be telling him what to do , irrespective of the magnitude of the game, if Easthouses wanted to win a league,they should be doing it by their own ability and not dropping silly points over the season and not hoping for another team to do them a favour.

I also feel the accusations are unjustified, james hainey , Stephen baigan,kerr allan the supposedly under 20s have played all season for the 1st team,the young goalie had not fault in any of the goals and I thought the 17 year old lad on the park was very good

Standouts

Lothian no 8 and no 6 I think connoly was no ran the show, Lothian, s left back no 3 could play at a higher level, very very good

Leith no 3 was the best player on the park

Alos Easthouses manager spitting his dummy on social media about going juniors is not a good showing, stinks of sour grapes, good luck in that adventure...

Congrats again to Lothian staff and players , great club, great team and cracking footballing side.

lothian were by far the better team on the day ,,,

as for team selections i thought the team manager picked the teams not other team managers ,,,,,,,

as for leith fielding a weak team their choice as they have a cup final next week ,,,,,,,,lothian were missing their first choice centre mid and left back so does that mean they fixed it aswell ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

easthouses are going to the juniors ,,,,,good riddance,,good bye , your team and lack of class on and off the pitch wont be missed

newboy, well said

Zero class from easthouses, actually few good guys in the team but the amount of venom their manager is spewing on social media is very sunday league publike

good riddance to the juniors

Lothian brilliant on the day

Leith's centre halfs were shocking !!! Lothian were not that great and I have seen them better. Can't believe few of Lothian players are staying when they can play much higher. No disrespect but EOS football is poor now. Wringe, hare, Williams and Connolly can easy play higher.

Delighted for the Lothian lads thou and also delighted for raymie as when he took over they had a lot to do to win league. Well done lthv

Not sure why Easthouses have a problem with the Leith team selection. What did they expect them to do with a cup final coming up next weekend? Sure if Leith had of still been in the frame to win the League the lads carrying knocks would almost certainly have played but why take a risk when nothing is at stake (other than finishing 2nd rather than 3rd). Lothian came out the traps flying & scored a couple of cracking early goals & had Leith on the backfoot. Leith kept plugging away though, their heads never went down & they created a good few chances later in the game albeit once Lothian were reduced to 10 men. Still puzzled about that sending off - lad had just scored to make it 4-0 so can only assume he either said something or gestured to the referee?

Leith are a team who try to bring through their own youngsters & full credit for that. I believe the lad on the left making his debut was only 16 or 17 but he didn't look out of place.

At the end of a season League tables don't lie - Lothian won the League because they were the side that showed the most consistency over 9 months of matches, gathered the most points & are worthy Champions. End of.

Sincerist apologies to easthouses yesterday for the result and lack of run we gave you yesterday, I can assure you we all tried our best and just weren't good enough on the day.

As regards complaints about team selection etc, all il say is you played your strongest 11 against them with everything to play for and got beat 5-0, I rest my case your honour!

Ps keep refreshing my mcbookie account but nothing is happening, has any other leith players had this problem? ????

Rap baget(retired gambling syndicate chairman)

I can understand Easthouses will feel aggrieved about how this game went yesterday but at the end of the day Leith Athletic will look after themselves it’s as simple as that.

The abuse on other social media outlets is disappointing from Easthouses players and manager but I understand it was some achievement for them to be competing trying to win the Premier but you can’t condone this nor support it all this does is add to this alleged 'Gang' comments and sentiments made towards them.

That said if Easthouses are accepted into the Junior league I think this will be great for them, fresh start and new challenge, it’s good to see they have made huge improvements with their facilities too I personally wish them well.

As for Leith Athletic excellent season 2 cup victories possible 3 but overall excellent season as they continue to produce good players and move them on their conveyer belt, I also wish there top goal scorer Keith Murray all the very best on his move to a top side as he try to further his career in the game.

I hope EOS league does improve and bring new fresh ideas and clubs to try and stop the decline in the league if potential moves are made by Coldstream and Civil Service to the Lowland League as I feel the league will slowly decline and fall apart.

Archived