Marcello Jones

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marcello-jones-bhoy-who-could-5702560

Young boy at AC Milan. Born in Cornwall to Scottish parents and keen to commit to Scotland by looks of it

Obviously it's too early to say whether he'll go on to much but not a bad set up to be involved in and can only help us having potential, future players in these kinds of environment

Young Englishman going out of contract suddenly reveals he's Scottish and would love to play in this country. Forgive me if Im a bit cynical about the whole thing,

Yeah the whole thing absolutely reeks of his agent trying to get him a move as he's about to be punted

• 3 weeks later...

Jones’s progress is being monitored. Conversations between his parents and Football Association staff have taken place already and a representative from the Welsh FA has been out to watch him in action.

‘I have a grandfather who is Welsh,’ he explained. ‘Personally I feel English, even though there is an Italian side to the family too.’

No thanks.

Think we should bring him on for the last minute against Gibraltar, then tell him to f**k off!!!

That way he can't play for anybody else, just incase he turns out half decent!!!

Think we should bring him on for the last minute against Gibraltar, then tell him to f**k off!!!

That way he can't play for anybody else, just incase he turns out half decent!!!

That's just cruel but I like it! Every club he has been at have turned him down and now he's Hoops crazy? I know a wee country who love to play on that kind of emotional pull. I would still have the other Marcello on board though.

Archived