Charlie Adam

BAWS

I'd have taken McClair & Ferguson any day if they'd replicated their club form/desire in a Scotland shirt, but they never did.

You think they were outstanding performers in Scotland shirts? Actually not really bothered what you think, your posts and opinions are consistently pish and drivel.

McStay was the single most overrated Scottish player by quite some way when I was growing up.

Charlie Adam for me has always been poor for Scotland and gives off the impression he thinks he's our best player.

Aye totally. Awesome post, remind me never to read anything you write about football ever again.

Don't think he helped his case by citing the example of players not in their first teams getting a game for Scotland. Strachan picks the team, not him. Like most footballers he's not the brightest when it comes to interviews. As far as his playing style in a Scotland jersey, he needs to keep it simple as he tends to try and be too fancy and as a result surrenders possession. We have a system whereby we are much better at keeping the ball than we have been for years.

Technically probably our best player in terms of passing, touch, shooting, free kicks. For most other small countries he would be a definite starter. But we are Scotland, only happy with Kenny Miller grafters. Adam is a danger delivering corners and free-kicks so for me should always be a starter.

Technically the best player of his generation and knows his way around a sausage supper to boot.

First name on the team-sheet for me.

I think Snodgrass is our best technical player but Adams isn't far behind.. If Adams could play further forward with no defensive duties then I'd have him in the 11

He's got a cracking left foot, but he has far too many deficiencies in his game (and they aren't all simply to do with his lack of fitness) to be elevated to such a level.

Archived