Hearts to use Easter Road?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can use almondvale. It will be a better fit for once you are relegated and your getting crowds of 8k in the championship in a couple of seasons xxxx

This has got me worried, it could happen. There's a team not too far away from us already already experiencing this.

You can use almondvale. It will be a better fit for once you are relegated and your getting crowds of 8k in the championship in a couple of seasons xxxx

post-27573-0-37525200-1431335106_thumb.j

Pretty sure she gave quite a big interview and it was more about how Murrayfield is likely to be used. She said economically ER would make sense, but she knows it's unlikely to get past the fans.

Tbh, I would prefer ER to Murrayfield but if either were for a year only I'd be happy to suck it up in the knowledge our long term future at Tynie would be safe.

I would make a joke about a Gary Owen in rugby being very similar to the Hibees' brand of football, but I doubt anyone knows what a Gary Owen is so I'll stop.

Any new stand won't be anything like what Romanov was proposing. It will be something like Hibs' Main Stand, which would be ideal, and bump capacity to around 19,000.

Hearts have been given the green light by the Scottish Rugby Union should they wish to discuss playing at Murrayfield Stadium in order to redevelop Tynecastle. (Daily Record, print edition)

I think a lot of Hearts fans need a reality check.

The only way mass redevelopment is happening is either financed by Ann Budge or FOH and I can't see either pumping in another £10 million. Yes we would make some money out of the hospitality improvements or a naming deal but these would dwarf the redevelopment costs.

In terms of capacity it is easy at the end of a sucessful season to suggest 23k stadiums but the reality is Hearts normally need 15k capacity, a 20k would be the tops I would want to avoid it being an empty echodrome.

The club needs to do something with the existing stand but for me financially it's going to be difficult and for the next 10 years in order to stay at tynecastle it will be a firefighting improvement/renovation job as opposed to substantial redevelopment; stuff like improved toilets, catering, updating facilities and repainting, reroofing and so on.

The only way this club will substantially redevelop the whole stadium in the near future will be through a sale of the land and moving out to greenbelt type areas and that comes with it's own issues.

Robinson maybe did it in the wrong way but he was right in the easiest way for Hearts to get a modern stadium would be to sell the land and move out to Straiton, Braehead or similar where we could probably get the land and stadium for the land sale - at least when land was selling for silly money. That said a site the size of tynecastle in the city centre is rare. It's value would be maximised when they are building on Tynie high school.

I'm expecting to be visiting a wholly similar tynecastle for the majority of my lifetime.

Archived