Hearts to use Easter Road?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i also like the old stand.

Will be sorry to see it go

Time to move on. It's old and rickety, needs to be rebuilt.

Preston North End rebuilt their main stand recently. If Hearts could do something similar that would be grand.

Before:

deepdale-preston-pavillion-stand.jpg

After:

32023_untitled.jpg

pne.jpg

Deepdale is like the English Tynecastle. Holds 23,400 odd thousand, this would be perfect for the Jambos.

If she is seriously thinking about this, then I think it'll come up in the surveys that are emailed to fans from time to time. And the fans will overwhelmingly reject the idea.

I don't think she's actually considering leasing Easter Road for a season, though.

Issue of how Hearts would deal with rebuilding the stand is an interesting question as it would reduce capacity to 14,000 and, IIRC, there are no boxes or suchlike in any of the other stands. Also how long would such work take - my recollection is that it took about 1yr to rebuild the East Stand at ER but it's of simple construction in a more open site. Depending how a new Main Stand at Tynecastle was to be integrated into the existing ends stands... for example the seating deck, the roof, and the fact the corner towers hold up the roof of the existing stands... maybe part of the ends would have to come out of commission for a period as well.

Groundsharing at ER would be the simplest alternative and the best in terms of size but obviously it would be controversial. Murrayfield is probably the best option for Hearts fans and they've used it before in Europe - but presumably it would be very expensive, and is far too big, and the pitch would be dealing with rugby and football. What about Meadowbank? Main Stand already seats 7,500 - and a vast temporary structure could easily be thrown-up on the other side and around the north end which have been cleared.

How many seats was Mad Vlad's horrendously expensive pipedream intended to add? And how much of that was the stand, not the hotels and so on?

Issue of how Hearts would deal with rebuilding the stand is an interesting question as it would reduce capacity to 14,000 and, IIRC, there are no boxes or suchlike in any of the other stands. Also how long would such work take - my recollection is that it took about 1yr to rebuild the East Stand at ER but it's of simple construction in a more open site. Depending how a new Main Stand at Tynecastle was to be integrated into the existing ends stands... for example the seating deck, the roof, and the fact the corner towers hold up the roof of the existing stands... maybe part of the ends would have to come out of commission for a period as well.

Groundsharing at ER would be the simplest alternative and the best in terms of size but obviously it would be controversial. Murrayfield is probably the best option for Hearts fans and they've used it before in Europe - but presumably it would be very expensive, and is far too big, and the pitch would be dealing with rugby and football. What about Meadowbank? Main Stand already seats 7,500 - and a vast temporary structure could easily be thrown-up on the other side and around the north end which have been cleared.

How many seats was Mad Vlad's horrendously expensive pipedream intended to add? And how much of that was the stand, not the hotels and so on?

I've said for years now that we should be generating underneath the Wheatfield into something which is money making, we could put some hospitality under there until the new stand is built and then use it as a bar which could be open during the week at normal hours (no idea if there are issues with this being a football stadium though). We should quite easily be able to use just three sides of the stadium and limit the away fans to the absolute bare minimum though, the crowds would still be around 13k which we survived on for years.

Aye but at what financial cost?

It's like building the whole of McDiarmid Park in 1 stand, and on a tight site and integrating with existing stands.

The difference being unlike St Johnstone, Hearts actually have fans to fill it.

St Johnstone could knock down 3 stands and operate from their current main stand.

It's all a pipe dream anyway and unlikely to happen.

Be amazing to see Scotland's best ground sort the 1 side that lets it down.

If Hibs and Hearts are in the same league during a ground share; will Hibs be placed in the Easter Road away stand at the Hearts-Hibs fixture?

I'd imagine so as Hibs would be the away side so to speak.

Hibs fans having to use the Bridge of Doom.... :lol:

How would Hibs fans get to their pubs etc?

Arts and crafts with jobbies at halftime every week you say.

Oh my jj.png

Sounds ideal. You fuds get covered in your own shite and your club have to pay to clean it up. Wins all round.

I'm hearing this is the first step in the merger of the two Edinburgh teams into Heart of Hibernian - coulours: maroon, green and white :P

Begone, bheast.

Archived