Hearts to use Easter Road?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many times have you drawn a full 20,000 sell out there? Once or twice I believe.

You'd never hear the end of it if Hearts did it more often than that. ;)

Plenty of other clubs have managed to stay at their grounds while a stand is rebuilt. Hibs being a pertinent example.

Obviously doing without a main stand for a season presents extra issues (hospitality etc.) but I doubt they're so insurmountable as to move out completely while 3/4 of the stadium remains usable.

Plenty of other clubs have managed to stay at their grounds while a stand is rebuilt. Hibs being a pertinent example.

Obviously doing without a main stand for a season presents extra issues (hospitality etc.) but I doubt they're so insurmountable as to move out completely while 3/4 of the stadium remains usable.

Hearts had less than 100 seats in the 3 home stands that weren't held by season ticket owners this year. They're selling ST's for half the current away stand next year and they will likely sell the vast majority of them, leaving a 1700 seat away end.

If they didn't have the main stand they would likely have to tell some current season ticket holders they'd have to give them up in the short term, and the article suggests moving to Easter Road maybe considered a better option than that.

For one season,while the stand was being rebuilt,why not use Murrayfield?

Do you think Hearts could afford the rent for the full season on top of the already large costs of renovating Tynecastle? I'm going to say probably not.

If Hibs and Hearts are in the same league during a ground share; will Hibs be placed in the Easter Road away stand at the Hearts-Hibs fixture?

Good question! My guess is theyd use the famous five stand.

Delighted to see Hearts are looking to sort out that old stand.

Hopefully they build a grandstand similar to what Romanov proposed. I think this past season has shown Hearts have the support there to justify this, they've been selling out every week in the diddy league - if they can get challenging for Europe again you could see huge crowds in Tynie.

Let them ground share and change them a fortune.

I have no problem with this.

Me neither but I'd bet "the Tache" spat out his cornflakes this morning.If you guys are still playing in the championship,Hearts money might keep you afloat.

Me neither but I'd bet "the Tache" spat out his cornflakes this morning.If you guys are still playing in the championship,Hearts money might keep you afloat.

Here, I know what you've just said is a half troll but in Scottish football there isn't a team in the 4 top divisions that can turn down free money.

I'd happily take money from our Edinburgh brothers, I ain't no bitter Hibs fan :lol:

Archived