Next Cowden Manager

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Tam Courts who has done an unbelievable job in 12-months up the road at Kelty Hearts.

Ok he's young but is very ambitious and has the drive and the determination to be a successful manager.

Have you forgotten the last time we took a gamble on a manager from the Juniors? Remember Andy Harrow from Kelty Hearts? That was back in the 1992/93 Season when we had a disastrous experience in the old First Division and were relegated after the one season. Let's be serious and concentrate on getting an experienced senior pro like Steven Thomson or Barry Robson as has already been suggested.

Have you forgotten the last time we took a gamble on a manager from the Juniors? Remember Andy Harrow from Kelty Hearts? That was back in the 1992/93 Season when we had a disastrous experience in the old First Division and were relegated after the one season. Let's be serious and concentrate on getting an experienced senior pro like Steven Thomson or Barry Robson as has already been suggested.

No disrespect to Courts who has no doubt done tremendously well at Junior level but we need to ensure we get the right manager to take us back to the championship, and I don't think Courts is the man to do that.

Dave Baikie?

What has Barry Robson done that everyone wants him as the gaffer?

Think it's more the fact he fits the perfect molde of what we've had had success with in the recent past, rather than the man himself. Young and ambitious ex international, who played at high level and isn't too far removed from playing the game himself, eg CC and Mixu.

Plus the fact he has spoken about coaching and management when been on TV etc.

Think it's more the fact he fits the perfect molde of what we've had had success with in the recent past, rather than the man himself. Young and ambitious ex international, who played at high level and isn't too far removed from playing the game himself, eg CC and Mixu.

Plus the fact he has spoken about coaching and management when been on TV etc.

Jimmy must have a half decent CV although a long, long time since he played.

You couldn't meet a nicer guy either (maybe that's what was wrong!) Just didn't work out though.

Not an easy job for Donald and the board. Hope they get a good one, no dinosaurs please.

we need a young manager who is coming to the end of his playing career and will maybe be able to play for a season or two , young managers are the future they know how the game is these days rather than dinosaurs like jimmy nicholl ,

barry robson would be ideal for me

I've seen a few people tout Robson for the Rovers job as well. I've no idea what makes him stand out as a candidate.

Double up as a decent player I imagine the thinking....the crucial part of that is that he has a decent assistant.

I'd guess he was settled up north tho

Double up as a decent player I imagine the thinking....the crucial part of that is that he has a decent assistant.

I'd guess he was settled up north tho

Decent assistant I hear you say... I believe you signed a striker from us in January who is desperate for an assistants job.

Archived