Pre-season friendly

mvch

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't criticise other teams pitches then ;)

I didn't?? If you are making reference to the Challenge Cup venue then I my point was more about the surface than its ability to withstand heavy rain......something we have had more than our fair share of in the last 5 months through here. ????

Not really the purpose of the thread, but if people are going to grumble about the minutiae of each other's postponements...

Whitehill had 6 home postponements and 7 away (2 at Ormiston, 5 at BSCG)

BSCG had 13 home postponements and 1 away (at Stirling)

EDIT: To avoid only mentioning those clubs, here are the totals for the rest according to my results grid:

Dalbeattie - 5 home, 1 away

East Kilbride - 1 home, 6 away

Edin City - 1 home, 6 away

Edin Uni - 2 home, 3 away

Gala - 1 home, 5 away

Gretna - 1 home, 3 away

Preston - 3 home, 1 away

Selkirk - 5 home, 5 away

Spartans - 0 home, 2 away

Stirling Uni - 3 home, 2 away

Threave - 0 home, 4 away

Vale of L - 8 home, 5 away

Can't read too much into it due to when games were, freezing versus waterlogging, and so on.

Anyway to get back to the main topic of friendlies - what mini tournaments are planned? Raydale Cup? Ronnie Swan? Any others?

I didn't?? If you are making reference to the Challenge Cup venue then I my point was more about the surface than its ability to withstand heavy irain......something we have had more than our fair share of in the last 5 months through here. ????

I didn't......It was the surface I was on about.......im working that out

Believe he's referring to you saying you weren't having a go at the pitch, just the surface. Magoo trying to work out the difference I think

.....so where is the aforementioned difference

How many games were called off at ww park this season

6 in total. Certainly not helped with 5 successive home Saturday games that were called off in January / early February when the weather was at its worst.

There was only 1 in 2013-14 and that was almost playable.

Archived