East Fife -vs- Stenhousemuir Play-off Bonanza!

Or, the "big Sean Dickson match", as we're obliged to call it.

After yesterday's result, there is absolutely nothing to suggest this Stenhousemuir team are capable to staying up. The quality has been absent all season and the willingness that made up for it seems to have been obliterated. I think the team stopped trying before the end of the match.

East Fife, meanwhile, are in far better shape than ourselves. I've been following their progress over the last few months (they've got an excellent highlights service) and they've got some good players. The big Basque defender is too good for League 2, while players like Nathan Austin and Kevin Smith will be a nuisance up front.

And then there's Sean Dickson. I fully expect him to score the decisive goal and then not celebrate.

I would have felt a little more comfortable about the match had we given a decent account of ourselves against Stirling Albion but not now. No, I think the team is down and out.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean should celebrate when he scores. He should have the board in mind who stood by his release and then sacked that absolute patient 3 days later. Which only came into their thoughts on the Saturday of course. Aye, right!

We are dire and will get a doing over two legs.

See ya'll midweek.

The way we capitulated at the end yesterday was disgraceful. Stirling literally walked through us. I've accepted relegation now as have the players based on that performance.

Guest Alessandro

With Naysmith's weird team selections it's not certain that Sean will play from the start in either game.

It would be mad to my mind...but I'm not a manager.

Our season certainly improved when we brought in Dickson and the Methil Puyol. Our home form has certainly improved, but Naysmith has a habit of being a little over cautious when we play against certain teams and I fear he will play this way v Stenny.

Like FF has said we have a decent strike force at this level in Kevin Smith and Austin and not to forget Riordan too.

We need to take a lead into the second leg as our record at Ochilview is pretty poor lately whether that be against Stenny or The Shire.

I think we'll score but I can't see us winning, not after Saturday's debacle. Fair play to Bomber for trying to move on from the weekend and only focus on tonight's match but I've consoled myself with relegation. It doesn't mean it'll be an easier when it comes.

It's obviously quite difficult to judge the merits of the two leagues but Stenny's recent form has been pants, so we should be confident going into this one. Although our form over the season has been relatively steady (no ridiculous runs of good or bad form), we've been pretty erratic week-to-week recently. The two recent wins are the first time we've managed two consecutive wins in a while.

I think these play-offs are anyone's for the taking but with a full team to pick from, I'd be pretty confident against any of the opposition in them.

"The Warriors go into the play-off semi-final under caretaker manager Brown Ferguson following Scott Booth's sacking in February and with former Clyde and Dundee boss John Brown due to take charge next season."

Good old BBC...

Will need a big turnround in the attitude of some of our players to achieve a win over the two legs. When you saw the team on Saturday at least 3 of them looked like they really did not care how things panned out. 1 other is definately going to another club and at least 1 other is purported to be heading elsewhere.

All in all it will be interesting and I hope for Bomber's sake that they at least show a bit interest and turn in a performance.

A dour midfield battle with both teams only deploying one striker. Both teams looked rock solid at the heart of defence and chances were at a premium. Stennie had good width with two fast wingers but never had a final product. Two very well matched teams and I think it will go down to the wire on Saturday. East fife never got any where near our recent form, but Stennie are better than most teams in division 2. I am looking forward to part 2 on Saturday.

Archived