What a player, what a guy. The cutest Scottish player ever, I never really understood the excitement when he was with united but my god he's got some ability, if he plays for Scotland the GMS love in will be something else. He plays like a 16 year old, so much excitement and energy every time he's on that park, he really does love his football.

I only started this thread because I just met the man himself and I was thrown aback by his adorableness, really hope he furthers himself and becomes the player that we all know he has the potential to be.

On another note in terms of this thread. I have to hold my hands up, I thought Armstrong was head and shoulders the better player but going on recent showings GMS is the player we all need and want in Scotland. He's a lot more talented and consistent than I thought and even though he has two years on Armstrong he still has a lot of untapped potential and will hopefully develop into a real quality player.

United fans on your time with them what did you think who was better GMS or Armstrong?

GMS easily better for me but I think most would probably disagree on that.

He would be a definite improvement to the current Scotland team but Strachan doesn't seem to fancy him for whatever reason.

SOme of the stuff he just came away was beautiful and such a refreshment to see.

God fucking knows how a team with these two, Ryan Gauld, Andy Robertson and Nadir Ciftci finished fourth last season.

Guest DAVIDB69

Do thing gms should be in the Scotland team and should start without question.

Strachan does still stick with the same players through thick and thin, it's time to get them involved and the Scotland team seems to have a bit of a dads army feel at times

Do thing gms should be in the Scotland team and should start without question.

Strachan does still stick with the same players through thick and thin, it's time to get them involved and the Scotland team seems to have a bit of a dads army feel at times

who is he better than from Scotland regulars?

GMS is a conundrum. In terms of pure skill, there hasnt been many Scottish players in the past 20 years that can get anywhere near him but he doesnt look like an athlete. Hes stuck between building himself up and probably losing pace or staying slight but taking a hefty amount of kicks and being muscled out by top class defenders.

Armstrong is definitely the better prospect, Deila wasnt wrong when he said he has the potential to be our Muller.

He obviously shouldn't be in the Scotland starting 11. He's not better than Naismith, Anya or Maloney, and that's before you even consider guys like Snodgrass or Russell... Not to say he's not a good player, he is, and one day he could certainly be a starter for Scotland but to say he should be one now is laughable.

Oh, and Armstrong>GMS

In all fairness when he first broke through he reminded me of how wingers 'used to be'. Great talent.

He didn't break through though did he.

Jimmy Boyle was the one who found him and brought him into Airdrie. Dundee Utd poached him off us.

Then he tore us appart the next time we played them in the Cup.

GMS has the tricks and guile, Armstrong pace and composure.

Two different types of players both can do well running at defenders with the ball at their feet it's just they do it in different ways.

Armstrong for me though, he is the more solid all round player.

Archived