Arbroath Vs. QP-Play-Offs

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My one wish is that we don't have a complete fucking disaster at Gayfield. If we apply ourselves well and get beat over two legs, I'll be gutted but won't have any problem. The annoying thing about previous playoffs disasters is that we simply haven't turned up. We've shown that we're capable of beating Arbroath and there's no reason why we can't again if we play well. I couldn't call a favourite out of these playoffs. There really isn't a lot between the three Third Division sides and I've not really got any idea about Stenny.

A win would be great, a draw would be good, a narrow defeat wouldn't be an absolute disaster. Finally, what an absolutely terrific achievement by the players, Gus and the coaching staff to finish runners up this season. Most sides who saw us last season will know just how bad we were and to improve so much deserves great credit. The players have shown terrific determination this season and I hope they reap the rewards for their hard work at the end.

Can't beat the play offs for excitement and this one is a tough one to call.

Queens are the best footballing team with probably their only weakness is lack of pace up front. Lumsden has won play off finals twice as Rovers player/coach which will stand him in good stead.

Normally play offs go to the team that has the momentum , which I would have to say at this point is East Fife.

Good luck all.

Ironically, the only play-off match where we did turn up was the 2-2 draw at Gayfield after being tonked at Hampden. Similar on Wednesday would be very welcome. Can't deny our run-in has been weak with one win in seven. We're a tough defence to beat so despite Arbroath's handsome shooty-in yesterday I've no doubt we'll not give much away. It's the other end that worries me. Draws are no good now.

Whatever the outcome I hope Gus stays and keeps this squad together. A decent striker and a better left back is all we're short of being league champions next time. Good luck to all the players and coaches.

Ironically, the only play-off match where we did turn up was the 2-2 draw at Gayfield after being tonked at Hampden. Similar on Wednesday would be very welcome. Can't deny our run-in has been weak with one win in seven. We're a tough defence to beat so despite Arbroath's handsome shooty-in yesterday I've no doubt we'll not give much away. It's the other end that worries me. Draws are no good now.

Whatever the outcome I hope Gus stays and keeps this squad together. A decent striker and a better left back is all we're short of being league champions next time. Good luck to all the players and coaches.

am not sure about that, at half time of the 2nd leg at Gayfield, you were 6 -0 down, tie was done Arbroath eased off, will take more of the same please

Ironically, the only play-off match where we did turn up was the 2-2 draw at Gayfield

What about the year you cruised the play offs? You certainly turned up in they games :lol:

Weatherson/Kettlewell etc. What year was that? 2006?

with any luck the tie will be over after the first leg giving the bowler hat brigade two meaningless games in a row :)

if arbroath can regain the form earlier in the season where they were by far the best team in the league then

3 0 or 4 0 to arbroath

Good luck Arbroath.

GIRU the Queue Pee shirt lifters.

with any luck the tie will be over after the first leg giving the bowler hat brigade two meaningless games in a row :)

if arbroath can regain the form earlier in the season where they were by far the best team in the league then

3 0 or 4 0 to arbroath

boys, your envy is obvious but you really must make a little bit more effort to disguise it - who knows, maybe next year you'll get to enjoy an extended season............or are you going to start your "Clyde for Champions" threads three months earlier this time?

Good luck Arbroath.

GIRU the Queue Pee shirt lifters.

3 0 or 4 0 to arbroath

QP wil bottle it. Always

Scrambling for relevance imo.

the denial and hypocracy is staggering - they really do have a cheek protesting that we are obsessed with them when yet another of their wretched seasons has already faded into obscurity, and they are left with nothing to do other than hang onto our coat-tails

Archived