PLAY OFFS

On Radio Scotland that Rangers will be letting ST holders in to the play off games for Free

Aye.

Seems to be some doubt as to whether SPFL left some loophole in its rules, so no 'minimum admission' currently?

In the cups you can admit ST holders but have to 'make up' the difference, IIRC.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers are better than us.

They've got better players than us and are higher in the table as a result, even though these players have underperformed more frequently than ours have.

Our head to head results indicate that we can beat them - that's all.

I've no difficulty at all in saying that we will be the outsider, whether we play Hibs or Rangers, first up.

For us to go up we have to be at our total best not just for one game but for 6 consecutive games. Factoring in injuries , suspensions and a reasonably small squad then it would take some miracle. Yep, can be done but the odd are against it.

Sevco desperate to fill out the sports direct asbestos arena for their plucky play off bid. It's all or bust! :thumbsdown

According to the report I read Hibs allowed in season ticket holders last season. Precedence has been set....cheers.

What is your solution, though, given that:

(1) Premiership play 38 games... Championship only play 36 games

(2) Premiership finishes in mid/late May, week before Scottish Cup Final... Championship finishes late April/early May

Get games played midweek at the start of the season or at holiday times like in England. It is only two games FfS.

Not much between them?

IMO there are a combination of five things that will get the clubs through

1. Organisation

1st QOS, 2nd Hibs 3rd Rangers

2. Flair

1st Hibs, 2nd QOS, 3rd Rangers

3. Bottle

1st QOS, 2nd Rangers, 3rd Hibs

4. Luck in terms of decisions

1st Rangers, 2nd Hibs, 3rd QOS

5. Depth of Squad Quality

1st Hibs, 2nd QOS, 3rd Rangers

The only way Rangers will get through will be down to getting breaks from referees.

In all other categories they are IMO way behind the other two.

Hibs IMO will play the Premiership team but it will be close with QOS. They are the best defensively and have that pitch which gives them an edge.

Whoever gets through IMO only Hibs will be able to beat the Premiership side - however not convinced they will.

Yeh, refs will be under a fair bit of pressure in these play off games involving rangers . Wouldn't want my team to give the ref any ammo at all in these circumstances. In fact , I really hope Fowler stresses to the defence ( mainly) that any slightly contentious challenges are likely to be punished severely, especially if time is kicking on and rangers need a lift.

Yeh, refs will be under a fair bit of pressure in these play off games involving rangers . Wouldn't want my team to give the ref any ammo at all in these circumstances.

Rangers recently lost an important game against QoS. We were denied a penalty when Nicky Clark was fouled in the box.

I read elsewhere we haven't been awarded a penalty this year!

Funny the people who believe this paranoid nonsense are the same people mocking the celtic support for researching handshakes and believing there is a conspiracy against them

Rangers recently lost an important game against QoS. We were denied a penalty when Nicky Clark was fouled in the box.

Funny the people who believe this paranoid nonsense are the same people mocking the celtic support for researching handshakes and believing there is a conspiracy against them

Been watching Scottish Football for a long time No.8. Would say that there are some of our refs that are likely to give both sides of the old firm the benefit of the doubt ie not favouring one or the other. Doing this because its less controversial in doing so and better for their officiating careers .The Celtic fans talking of a conspiracy was laughable . They have been benefitting for years domestically and only usually hear of them bleating when a Euro ref has gave them a bad call.

I'd be gutted for you ... if that had actually happened.

Been watching Scottish Football for a long time No.8. Would say that there are some of our refs that are likely to give both sides of the old firm the benefit of the doubt ie not favouring one or the other. Doing this because its less controversial in doing so and better for their officiating careers .The Celtic fans talking of a conspiracy was laughable . They have been benefitting for years domestically and only usually hear of them bleating when a Euro ref has gave them a bad call.

Agree with all of that tho dont know if some refs do favour one of the ugly sisters, I'll let them worry about that.

This season, I thot the refs v Rangers have been 50% ok, two of the games I had no complaints. The first one at Ibrox and the 2nd one at the TFS

I thot the ref booked Falkirk players for not much and Rangers players were getting away with worse and similar at both games, this to me has been the common ground for playing either of the clowns. I watched the recent Inverness v Celtic league game and similar happened, the co commentator commented on some of the bookings being questionable for Inverness and Brown being lucky to be on the park using the refs booking policy for Inverness

Rangers recently lost an important game against QoS. We were denied a penalty when Nicky Clark was fouled fell over in the box.

There sorted that for you. It was a regular thing when he played for us.

Ask yourself this . Imagine the referee's reaction if a Falkirk or QoS player was right in his face ala Scott Brown ? Very hypothetically of course, would love to tell Brown that if he didn't back off off in one second flat that he was getting sent off and then do it.

That's the justification, and I think it stands up to scrutiny to be honest.

Although we have now benefited from it twice, I don't especially feel that finishing 4th out of 10 is a particularly spectacular achievement that deserves promotion (obviously this season it is a better achievement than some years). Likewise finishing third.

It is only right that it is more difficult for these teams to be promoted.

This. It's just a money grabber. If we need play-offs at all, 2nd top should play 2nd bottom, end of. (and I'm not saying this because of The Rangers potential position)

I can understand the viewpoint of a team finishing fourth in a ten team league being fortunate to get a play off anyway , BUT , the battle for the top four places is now far harder under this format than it would be otherwise . Additionally, keeps the league alive until the last kick with Hibs and Rangers still trying to grab second to avoid two extra games.

Archived