PLAY OFFS

The first point is that all 42 clubs know the spirit of the rules and that Play Offs were introduced on the basis that these games would generate cash forthe"greater good".

If a club chooses to make it free entry - my understanding is that it has to be or all supporters - home and away.

If a club makes it free entry they will have to pick up policing cost and effectively be outof pocket.

Lets be honest rangers and Hibs are tryingto circumvent the 50% levy but they signed up to it safe in the knowledge that it would never affect them.

You have been all over the place with this from the start....

As I said at the time. There are no rules been broken. As for your 'spirit of the rules' ....I speak for every Rangers supporter I know...you can stick your 'spirit of the rules'. Every Rangers fan I know feels the same way....the SPFL is getting £500,000 because Rangers are in the play offs. The SPFL could have had 50% from 15000+ paying something like £15 but now we all hope Rangers charge pennies for this game with charity buckets inside towards the policing / stewarding costs.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said at the time. There are no rules been broken. As for your 'spirit of the rules' ....I speak for every Rangers supporter I know...you can stick your 'spirit of the rules'. Every Rangers fan I know feels the same way....the SPFL is getting £500,000 because Rangers are in the play offs. The SPFL could have had 50% from 15000+ paying something like £15 but now we all hope Rangers charge pennies for this game with charity buckets inside towards the policing / stewarding costs.

I think No 8 we can agree here. The SFA have not got a clue. They wanted to play the Hearts v The Rangers game after everyone else?? The play offs are going to be tough on one of the 2 larger clubs. Personally I wish we had a 18 team top Division like the old days. This would help competition and bring more money to the game.

I think No 8 we can agree here. The SFA have not got a clue. They wanted to play the Hearts v The Rangers game after everyone else?? The play offs are going to be tough on one of the 2 larger clubs. Personally I wish we had a 18 team top Division like the old days. This would help competition and bring more money to the game.

People who are complaining about what Rangers AND MOTHERWELL intend to do should turn their anger on to whoever drew up the rules on pricing. Especially after Hibs did this last season. It is gross negligence on the part of the SPFL.

Legally the SPFL do not have a leg to stand on. The rules actually say the pricing is at the discretion of the home club

Competition of what exactly? You don't truly believe that if it was an 18 team division that the title race would be more open do you?

People who are complaining about what Rangers AND MOTHERWELL intend to do should turn their anger on to whoever drew up the rules on pricing. Especially after Hibs did this last season. It is gross negligence on the part of the SPFL.

Legally the SPFL do not have a leg to stand on. The rules actually say the pricing is at the discretion of the home club

You talk as if the Play Off pricing was the sole brainchild of the SPFL Administrators - when Play Offs were introduced ALL 42 CLUBS UNANIMOUSLY AGREED ON THE RULES including Rangers.

All member clubs fully understood the rationale behind the 50% pricing....................there are many rules in life that if you try hard enough you will find a chink in the armour somewhere. Surely a more collegiate approach would be to respect what was unanimously agreed and play a part in adhering to

it.

If any club in the Play Offs should be aggrieved about the 50% levy it is us ..................running full time football on a hard core home support of 1800 AND BEING COMPETITIVE AND DEBT FREE INTO THE BARGAIN!!! Some of your new office bearers could do a lot worse that take a trip down to Palmerston to see how a football club should be run. Instead of trying to find some tenuous legal loophole in a 2014 Hibs precedent would it not be more honourable to just comply with the rules that were unanimously agreed and try and restore some much needed pride at Ibrox.

It is not me that is "all over the place on this issue" - I can see exactly what is behind the pricing strategy that Rangers are mooting and it is a blatant attempt to undermine a set of rules that Rangers signed up to.

I think that allowing the Hibs precedent was a mistake and that given its existence Rangers should be allowed to charge what they like.

What a spiteful, selfish post the above is though.

No interest in the spirit of the rules.

No interest in a fairer distribution of the wealth generated by our football.

What pitiful, embarrassing stuff for a grown man to come out with and actually mean.

I think that allowing the Hibs precedent was a mistake and that given its existence Rangers should be allowed to charge what they like.

What pitiful, embarrassing stuff for a grown man to come out with and actually mean.

I was thinking how to put this politely but couldn't ..... f**k right off. You are the very epitome of everything that is wrong with Scottish football with your hypocritical views that have been highlighted elsewhere. Just out of interest could you please show me your views on HIbs doing EXACTLY what Rangers are doing? Did Hibs allow the Accies supporters in free of charge? After all everybody is about sporting integrity!!!

Why should I fund your club? Get your own fans to do that. Actually yet again your club will be financially benefiting from Rangers.

There are no rules being broken...none whatsoever.

The rules are quite clear. The home team have complete discretion on what they charge. Did you complain when clubs were letting supporters in for whatever they could afford? Did you complain when clubs were charging a fiver? No of course you weren't you despicable little hate filled b*****d. It's all about The Rangers with you.

The rules state the home club must charge the away fans the same for like for like areas. Fine...The tickets under the big screens at either end of the Sandy Jardine stand are £15 and everywhere else is a £5....no rules broken and costs are covered

You talk as if the Play Off pricing was the sole brainchild of the SPFL Administrators - when Play Offs were introduced ALL 42 CLUBS UNANIMOUSLY AGREED ON THE RULES including Rangers.

All member clubs fully understood the rationale behind the 50% pricing....................there are many rules in life that if you try hard enough you will find a chink in the armour somewhere. Surely a more collegiate approach would be to respect what was unanimously agreed and play a part in adhering to

it.

If any club in the Play Offs should be aggrieved about the 50% levy it is us ..................running full time football on a hard core home support of 1800 AND BEING COMPETITIVE AND DEBT FREE INTO THE BARGAIN!!! Some of your new office bearers could do a lot worse that take a trip down to Palmerston to see how a football club should be run. Instead of trying to find some tenuous legal loophole in a 2014 Hibs precedent would it not be more honourable to just comply with the rules that were unanimously agreed and try and restore some much needed pride at Ibrox.

It is not me that is "all over the place on this issue" - I can see exactly what is behind the pricing strategy that Rangers are mooting and it is a blatant attempt to undermine a set of rules that Rangers signed up to.

Another didndy prattling on about the rules. The SPFL are trying to bend and twist their own rules to squeeze every last penny out of Rangers supporters. You would think they would be grateful that due to Rangers being in the play offs they are getting a far more lucrative deal than they had last season.

Rangers are the ones adhering to the rules. If the SPFL had not tried to bend their own rules they would probably have got £112500 from each of the Ibrox games. Now they will get a tiny fraction of that amount. Everybody is now losing out.

I was thinking how to put this politely but couldn't ..... f**k right off. You are the very epitome of everything that is wrong with Scottish football with your hypocritical views that have been highlighted elsewhere. Just out of interest could you please show me your views on HIbs doing EXACTLY what Rangers are doing? Did Hibs allow the Accies supporters in free of charge? After all everybody is about sporting integrity!!!

Why should I fund your club? Get your own fans to do that. Actually yet again your club will be financially benefiting from Rangers.

There are no rules being broken...none whatsoever.

The rules are quite clear. The home team have complete discretion on what they charge. Did you complain when clubs were letting supporters in for whatever they could afford? Did you complain when clubs were charging a fiver? No of course you weren't you despicable little hate filled b*****d. It's all about The Rangers with you.

The rules state the home club must charge the away fans the same for like for like areas. Fine...The tickets under the big screens at either end of the Sandy Jardine stand are £15 and everywhere else is a £5....no rules broken and costs are covered

Good God man.

Get a grip of yourself for goodness sake.

"f**k right off" and "you despicable little hate filled b*****d". Bit strong, no?

I've posted plenty on here indicating that I'm broadly on Rangers' side in this, with a couple of reservations. My problem was with the sentiment of your post, that flies against the idea of there being anything collective about how the game operates.

What an astonishing outburst from you though. You alluded cryptically elsewhere to there being bigger things on your mind than the football this weekend. I wish you well with any genuine worries, but it's perhaps best that you lay off the posting in the meantime, as you're not being that rational.

I assume you mean DIDDY.

I have been called worse but if you are looking to identify diddies look no further than some of the people who have been running your club over the past few years.

Of course it is a bonus for the SPFL that Rangers are in the Play Offs but it is also a bonus for Rangers that Play Offs were introduced last year otherwise you would be having another year in the diddy league with inconsequential clubs like QOS.

I assume you mean DIDDY.

I have been called worse but if you are looking to identify diddies look no further than some of the people who have been running your club over the past few years.

Of course it is a bonus for the SPFL that Rangers are in the Play Offs but it is also a bonus for Rangers that Play Offs were introduced last year otherwise you would be having another year in the diddy league with inconsequential clubs like QOS.

Got a feeling they still will.

Of course we have the 16 team league topic bubbling away if the Rangers don;t do it the legal way.

You're right - I heard that wee sh!t Chick Young bring up the subject on Saturday, by reason of Hibs, Hearts and Rangers simply not being in the top League.

Tom English ridiculed him about it, trying to explain to the wee hinger-on that the current agreement was for a few years

Chick Young's response was to sound like a broken record. "but but but but.....Scottish football needs a strong Rangers....."

p***k that he is.

You're right - I heard that wee sh!t Chick Young bring up the subject on Saturday, by reason of Hibs, Hearts and Rangers simply not being in the top League.

Tom English ridiculed him about it, trying to explain to the wee hinger-on that the current agreement was for a few years

Chick Young's response was to sound like a broken record. "but but but but.....Scottish football needs a strong Rangers....."

p***k that he is.

Why would a St Mirren fan care?

Although if they increase the topflight to 16 and still relegate St Mirren for being wasters, then the top 5 will all get up. Go Chico.

On the subject of allowing season ticket holders in; last night Forfar let season ticket holders in free of charge and not a peep was made from the SPFL about it.

If the SPFL were so keen to ensure rules were adhered to by everybody they surely should have stepped in?

On the subject of allowing season ticket holders in; last night Forfar let season ticket holders in free of charge and not a peep was made from the SPFL about it.

If the SPFL were so keen to ensure rules were adhered to by everybody they surely should have stepped in?

Why would the SPFL care what Forfar do? There is no league levy on the lower league playoffs, only on the Premiership ones. Home teams keep their own gate on the lower ones so up to Forfar what they do.

Archived