PLAY OFFS

Queens confirmed 4th spot yesterday and will now play Rangers or Hibs before the winner of that tie plays the other before they play the 2nd bottom of the spl dates had been set but i am sure, maybe someone in the know could confirm that the scheduled dates/times can & prob will change due to TV! The fans will again be in the dark and know doubt be last to know as usual.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens confirmed 4th spot yesterday and will now play Rangers or Hibs before the winner of that tie plays the other before they play the 2nd bottom of the spl dates had been set but i am sure, maybe someone in the know could confirm that the scheduled dates/times can & prob will change due to TV! The fans will again be in the dark and know doubt be last to know as usual.

I hope the 3rd v 4th is changed if we are playing in it.

In this game is the club that finishes 4th at home first?

Play-off dates are as follows and are subject to change for TV.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-play-off-dates/

As things stand QOS v Rangers or Hibs on 9th May at Palmerston with 2nd leg on Wed 13th May

Delighted to once again be involved in them, and quietly confident that we can go at least one stage further than last year. Our head-to-head record against Hibernian and The Rangers is identical, but with the Hibees having a tendency to bottle it on the big stage, and The Rangers very inconsistent it's hard to say who we would prefer to meet.

Hopefully we can take one for the team. I'd imagine a Queen of the South promotion at the expense of Motherwell, leaving them in next season's Championship with fellow "big teams" Hibs and The Rangers would see a discussion on league expansion fast tracked by our inept blazers at the top!

Delighted to once again be involved in them, and quietly confident that we can go at least one stage further than last year. Our head-to-head record against Hibernian and The Rangers is identical, but with the Hibees having a tendency to bottle it on the big stage, and The Rangers very inconsistent it's hard to say who we would prefer to meet.

Hopefully we can take one for the team. I'd imagine a Queen of the South promotion at the expense of Motherwell, leaving them in next season's Championship with fellow "big teams" Hibs and The Rangers would see a discussion on league expansion fast tracked by our inept blazers at the top!

There is no pressure on Queens at all, whereas the pressure on the other two is huge and I dont think they have the bottle for it, where it be first hurdle, 2nd or 3rd.

A lot can happen between now and all the games with suspensions and injuries but I still couldnt pick a winner of the 3 and be confident of it. I do think this year tho, the SPL team will win the final, 6 games in 3 weeks for a successful 3rd or 4th placed team and even 4 games in 2 weeks for the 2nd placed team is pushing it at the end of a long season.

As far as league expansion, the structure of 10 keeps competition going till the final games in most cases, quick glance at our league and div 1, there are only 2 games, 1 in each league where there the fixture has no meaning.

Play-off dates are as follows and are subject to change for TV.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-play-off-dates/

As things stand QOS v Rangers or Hibs on 9th May at Palmerston with 2nd leg on Wed 13th May

It's a slightly odd arrangement, tbh?

Wed - x

Sat - QF 1st leg

Wed - QF 2nd leg

Sat - SF 1st leg

Wed - x

Sat - SF 2nd leg

Thu - Final 1st leg

Sun - Final 2nd leg

Everyone will only get 2 days notice of SF 1st leg competitor and venue.

Looking forward to the games, I don't think we'll go up but should still be exciting games.

Tbh you have as much chance as anybody. There isnt much between the Champinship teams and i am not sure about Hibs but Rangers and QoS have both defeated far better teams than whoever finishes second bottom of the premier league.

We'll have a chance in each tie we get to play, but will rightly start each as distinct second favourites.

The chances of us coming through three two legged ties against much bigger clubs (assuming it's not Ross County) are extremely slim, but it's good to be involved.

Archived