Motherwell vs Ross County 2/5/15

Do or die game a Motherwell win keeps the battle to avoid the playoff alive and a County wins secures their survival and has us looking nervously behind us.

In defence Hopefully Stevie Hammell is back and I'm not sure who I'd replace Laing with if he doesn't make it.

In midfield I'd be tempted to start Grant ahead of lasley or pearo. The only other change id consider would be Dom Thomas for ainsworth as the latter usually makes a decent contribution from the bench.

I'm looking forward to this our home performances have been very good from ICT onwards I predict a 3-1 home win

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our recent home performances have been one of the highlights of a stuttering last few games. A cliche, however, this is a must win game if we have any aspirations of holding on to our top flight status. If the players can’t lift themselves for this one there is no hope and they should collect their P45’s in the tunnel at full time. I predict a narrow nerve wracking 2-1 win for the good guys.

Be interesting to see how Ross County react to losing a game. It certainly has been a while!

It's a must win for Motherwell. I've said all along we would need 12 points after the split to have a chance. That now means 4 wins from 4.

I think we need the first goal here to have any chance. The lack of belief when we went behind against Hamilton was worrying.

Mon tae f**k Motherwell. Let's make this interesting.

I'm with Ya Beezer on this, we can still get out of this, but goal difference could come into play, so I think we need to win this by at least two goals.

Is Laing fit to play? If not, do we dare throw in Fraser Kerr? If not, that leaves O'Brien to come in. I'd probably go for the latter, despite not being a fan of either.

I'd bench Ainsworth for this, and give Dom Thomas a run. Give him an hour, and then bring Lionel on to use his pace.

Long; Law O'Brien McManus Hammell; D. Thomas, Lasley, Pearson, Johnson; McDonald Erwin

Motherwell 3-1 Ross County

(McDonald x2, Erwin)

No result from this one would surprise me to be honest and whatever the result it won't make any difference as we are doomed to the playoffs in my opinion, the damage has already been done and County can actually afford to lose this game and still have a three point cushion and unless we hammer them, a superior goal difference. One more win for them in the remaining matches will see them safe I reckon because we won't win all of our games as would be required to make the great escape.

Our home form has actually been good of late and I can see us getting a win here, just to prolong the agony of it being still "mathematically possible to escape" for another week or so, but as I said, no result would surprise me here.

I'm with Ya Beezer on this, we can still get out of this, but goal difference could come into play, so I think we need to win this by at least two goals.

Is Laing fit to play? If not, do we dare throw in Fraser Kerr? If not, that leaves O'Brien to come in. I'd probably go for the latter, despite not being a fan of either.

I'd bench Ainsworth for this, and give Dom Thomas a run. Give him an hour, and then bring Lionel on to use his pace.

I'd prefer O'Brien over Kerr too but its a bit like asking if you want to tore apart by a hungry lion or a hungry tiger. I don't think O'Brien was even on the bench last week so he might be out of Baraclough's picture.

Ainsworth, is such a frustrating player but I think I'd give him one more week in the starting XI. This is too big a game to put out inexperienced players.

I shouldn't really be making comment on this thread but i would much rather the Well win this game (also we beat st mirren) solely because i genuinely believe they offer more to league than county do and also the journey for the away trip isn't as far hope I'm not being selfish 2:1 motherwell

I shouldn't really be making comment on this thread but i would much rather the Well win this game (also we beat st mirren) solely because i genuinely believe they offer more to league than county do and also the journey for the away trip isn't as far hope I'm not being selfish 2:1 motherwell

Selfish c**t

Scum, subhuman scum.

Hope we get beat now. Plus I've never been to Cowdenbeath...

Archived