Clydebank new stadium

MacGafraidh

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude you can't just make shit up

Like what?

6 years ago it was £15 to get into a poor quality SFL game.

Are you saying prices have came down?

I'm saying you're getting your facts way wrong, but then that's not surprising.

I was also ripped off by Airdrie to the tune of £15 in 2010.

They have beaten us just but they certainly weren't 3 times the team we were.

well, unless some minor miracle happens, your club will probably be staying junior so you're stuck , whether you like it or not

Thanks for that Russell.

We need to concentrate in the short term on getting a team together next season that is capable of challenging at the right end of the league table - based on what we've produced this season that may well be a task of Herculean proportions.

Off the pitch the focus has to be on progressing towards the goal of a new stadium within the town and if that comes to fruition making positive strides on and off the park to build the club's profile on and off the pitch both in Clydebank and beyond.

The loss of my club's senior status still hurts to this day but I am eternally grateful for having had the opportunity since 2003 to watch a team in Bankies colours , representing the town on many occasions with distinction , and enabling me to have some fantastic days out amongst good people , witness some great games and goals.

What the future holds for my team ? Who knows? I'm not sure whether I am as determined to return to Senior football as some of my fellow Bankies supporters - I have reservations about the travelling involved should we ever get there and the potential cost implications ( as Brora Rangers have already alluded to ) both for the club and supporters.

I've watched Bankies for nearly 30 years now and will continue to do so no matter what league we are in - I remember how I felt in July 2002 when my team "died" - I wouldn't wish that same feeling on any football fan .

Junior football has been good to Clydebank but the same can be said in reverse- suffice to say that no matter where the club envisages it's long term ambitions leading them any decision will be supporter driven due to the constitution of our club and I for one will support whichever decision they take

Proud to be a Bankie

post-14714-14309516833102_thumb.jpg

We need to concentrate in the short term on getting a team together next season that is capable of challenging at the right end of the league table - based on what we've produced this season that may well be a task of Herculean proportions.

Off the pitch the focus has to be on progressing towards the goal of a new stadium within the town and if that comes to fruition making positive strides on and off the park to build the club's profile on and off the pitch both in Clydebank and beyond.

The loss of my club's senior status still hurts to this day but I am eternally grateful for having had the opportunity since 2003 to watch a team in Bankies colours , representing the town on many occasions with distinction , and enabling me to have some fantastic days out amongst good people , witness some great games and goals.

What the future holds for my team ? Who knows? I'm not sure whether I am as determined to return to Senior football as some of my fellow Bankies supporters - I have reservations about the travelling involved should we ever get there and the potential cost implications ( as Brora Rangers have already alluded to ) both for the club and supporters.

I've watched Bankies for nearly 30 years now and will continue to do so no matter what league we are in - I remember how I felt in July 2002 when my team "died" - I wouldn't wish that same feeling on any football fan .

Junior football has been good to Clydebank but the same can be said in reverse- suffice to say that no matter where the club envisages it's long term ambitions leading them any decision will be supporter driven due to the constitution of our club and I for one will support whichever decision they take

Proud to be a Bankie

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1430951679.214905.jpg

Good post.

I don't my club to go senior for many reasons.

One of them being the very poor standard of League 1 and League 2 and the extortionate prices charged to watch that drivel.

I had the misfortune of working at a very poor Airdrie and Morton game.

It was bad enough being paid to be there never mind the poor fans who were charged £15 for a standard no better than junior.

States he doesn't want his team playing in League 1 & 2 due to the poor standard...follows that up with statement saying League 1 & 2 is no better than Junior. You'll need to rethink that one mate, especially because the standard is better than junior, so many junior fans claim this and it's just blatantly not true.

Playing in a league full of teams with no ambition shows no ambition.

Clubs like East Stirling are happy to finish second bottom of a poor league as long as they play Rangers or Celtic every ten years.

Where's the ambition in that?

Why would you want to pay £15-20 to watch that dross?

You are an idiot. Let's try a wee analogy here, if you were good at Darts, would it be more ambitious to:

a) Join a professional Darts association and play against the best players in the country...OR

b) Carry on hammering all your mates down the local pub?

You keep picking East Stirlingshire out because it suits your argument, what about Ross County? Came from the highland leagues and worked there way to the top. But carry on trying to justify your glory hunting.

States he doesn't want his team playing in League 1 & 2 due to the poor standard...follows that up with statement saying League 1 & 2 is no better than Junior. You'll need to rethink that one mate, especially because the standard is better than junior, so many junior fans claim this and it's just blatantly not true.

You are an idiot. Let's try a wee analogy here, if you were good at Darts, would it be more ambitious to:

a) Join a professional Darts association and play against the best players in the country...OR

b) Carry on hammering all your mates down the local pub?

You keep picking East Stirlingshire out because it suits your argument, what about Ross County? Came from the highland leagues and worked there way to the top. But carry on trying to justify your glory hunting.

You my idiotic friend are clearly a clown.

I have supported my team for 41 years and in 32 of them we have not won a single trophy.

Pray tell me how that is glory hunting?

I watch plenty of football both through paying to get in and am work and can assure any top level Junior player could walk into a League 1 or 2 side.

You only have to look at Chris Erskine and Kris Doolan regularly scoring in the SPL to see that Junior players can make the step up.

Players if they're good enough, or lucky and learn what they're being taught, will get picked up by senior teams. But this is about a bankies fan not wishing to dine at the same table that, to some extent, has supported and backed his club since they've been in the juniors. Your senior club sadly failed due to various personal and financial circumstances. Be careful what you wish for.....

Proud to be a Bankie

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1430951679.214905.jpg

Thats a great post, well said

Archived