Clydebank new stadium

MacGafraidh

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ronnie McKee, who stays less than 200 metres from the football pitches, told the Post that residents are forming a committee to fight the development plans. He said: “The problem isn’t with Clydebank FC. I’m in agreement that a stadium in Clydebank for the club is a great idea—but not 50 metres from people’s houses. “It is not acceptable in an area that has had a history of anti-social behaviour. “At our meeting with Bill Abraham and the club’s architect James Loch we were shown preliminary drawings. They were fantastic and I wish the club well, but this site on the edge of housing scheme just isn’t suitable. “It should be built right in the centre of Clydebank, not behind people’s houses.” -

So what the resident's association is saying is "dinna build yer pitch here because we're all neds...". Why didn't they start a committee to do something about the anti-social behaviour before then?

Greeting faced arseholes up that faifley. Complain about anti social behaviour is laughable. It's less likely to attract anti social behaviour being a brand new stadium with cctv instead of old grass pitches surrounded by trees ffs. Moaning about possible disruption for a couple of hours every second Saturday and a few nights a week if that

Greeting faced arseholes up that faifley. Complain about anti social behaviour is laughable. It's less likely to attract anti social behaviour being a brand new stadium with cctv instead of old grass pitches surrounded by trees ffs. Moaning about possible disruption for a couple of hours every second Saturday and a few nights a week if that

I would have thought it would be an urban regeneration? Maybe get the neds out playing football instead of swilling the MD2020

These plans offer Faifley and the wider Clydebank community a state of the art facility which can benefit not only The Bankies but the whole town. There may be other sites within the town that may seem more likely and attractive options but these are all owned by private developers and the land value of them makes these areas a complete non starter.

As a Bankies fan I recognise my own biased support for this as a project but also acknowledge concerns that local residents and the wider community may have. I hope that these can be addressed and the whole town could gain a facility to be proud of and a team to be proud of playing out of it.

These plans offer Faifley and the wider Clydebank community a state of the art facility which can benefit not only The Bankies but the whole town. There may be other sites within the town that may seem more likely and attractive options but these are all owned by private developers and the land value of them makes these areas a complete non starter.

As a Bankies fan I recognise my own biased support for this as a project but also acknowledge concerns that local residents and the wider community may have. I hope that these can be addressed and the whole town could gain a facility to be proud of and a team to be proud of playing out of it.

Having seen the team and fans in the flesh have nothing but goodwill for you guys! Hoping it comes off!

Getting alot of locals talking, for and against. Hopefully we can get them onside and move forward at speed with it.

Hope so too Paul, if it comes off would a LFL application be next?

Having seen the team and fans in the flesh have nothing but goodwill for you guys! Hoping it comes off!

Personally, I hope so.

Why would you want to go senior again?

I think when the club was reborn ,senior football was always their plan no matter how long or how hard it would be.I think that being a fan owned club then that's their perogative .

Think they have been a great addition to the juniors and will be missed by many(but not all) in the premier league. The superfirst looks like a tough league next year,so no guarantee of a quick return for Clydebank ,considering the proposed clearout of players .

I think when the club was reborn ,senior football was always their plan no matter how long or how hard it would be.I think that being a fan owned club then that's their perogative .

Think they have been a great addition to the juniors and will be missed by many(but not all) in the premier league. The superfirst looks like a tough league next year,so no guarantee of a quick return for Clydebank ,considering the proposed clearout of players .

Can see how that may have been the original plan but most Bankies I speak to prefer the Junior world now.

It would probably have to be a South of Scotland League application from next season onwards. The deck of cards is marked on this, because the various blazers that hold sway over leagues and associations don't want the larger junior clubs in the central belt to ever do that.

All ifs and but LTL but I would think that should there be a vacancy and they have their licensing ducks in a row (a lot of caveats huh?) then they would be allowed to apply to LFL, if that is not the case, I agree LTL it maybe SOS, skoosh that league and then LFL and then SPFL (providing they rise that far)

Archived