PFA Player of the Season Award

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nominees have been revealed as Adam Rooney, Greg Stewart, Virgil Van Dijk and Stefan Johansen. Who's your winner?

Greg Stewart...

Na it's Johansen really but what an achievement from Greg to even get on the shortlist.

It's obviously going to be between the Celtic two (unfortunately in the case of VVD and deservedly in the case of Johansen). For me, wearing Dark Blue glasses, Stewart has easily been the most impressive if taking the fact that he was working in a bank (I think?) this time last year.

If I wasn't being bias though, it'd have to be Johansen, Rooney, Stewart and then VVD in that order for me.

It's obviously going to be between the Celtic two (unfortunately in the case of VVD and deservedly in the case of Johansen). For me, wearing Dark Blue glasses, Stewart has easily been the most impressive if taking the fact that he was working in a bank (I think?) this time last year.

If I wasn't being bias though, it'd have to be Johansen, Rooney, Stewart and then VVD in that order for me.

Worked at Grangemouth refinery.

Voted from the shortlist for Rooney. Heart said Stewart (who has undoubtedly been signing of the season in this division), but Rooneys goal record is brilliant overall and he creates a fucking lot for Aberdeen, easily being their main man.

It's no surprise that Craig Gordon didn't make the list to me. His Saves Per Game ratio is the lowest of all keepers in the league (unsurprisingly) so he is hardly ever tested. Theirs no denying his ability, but he's done nothing to deserve the award.

Well done to all concerned.

Can't decide between Johansen and Rooney. Both have scored plenty of goals and made a big contribution to their teams.

Stewart's been great too and is most likely the signing of the season.

Van Dijk, meh.

Tarmo Kink, on 23 Apr 2015 - 16:09, said:

Gordon should be there ahead of Stewart and Van Dijk.

Van Dijk :lol:

Shinnie is very unlucky to miss out. I'll go for Johansen, by a country mile the best player this season

No.

Surely there must be some sort of mistake? But Jackie said....?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31934088

Not sure whats wrong with what he said, Ciftci is one of the best players in the country when hes on form. He's been pretty poor this season though.

DVDA should be struck from the list after his "Klinnsman roll" last night, attempting to get another player booked by feigning injury, is not what player of the year is all about for me so he's out.

Unlikely to happen, but Stewart and Rooney joint winners for me. F**k Celtic.

Archived