Berwick v East Fife

Berwick thumped us last game and it should have been a bigger scoreline. We will have to improve massively if we're to sneak a point that no doubt we will play for. Zero confidence in the team, this season has been brutal and hand on heart I honestly can't believe we are sitting in 4th.

Another surge upwards at Shire means that we are due for a cock-up this week or at Arbroath.

Our recent home form has been awful, but I'm strangely confident that we'll win this one to set up a last day nail biter. Henderson with a 20-yard flying header, Jacobs a 40-yard screamer, and a Currie tap in after Tulloch's leg falls off in a gust of wind.

Don't think any team deserves to go into the play offs this year, back in December who would have thought Arbroath would sack their manager. Bizarre season and no doubt we will finish 6th, our default position.

The silence from Arthur was deafening last weekend, I'm sure if we lose he will be back to shed some more gloom on the proceedings

Point to prove after last game at Methil, never easy to predict a Fife result. Hopefully a full squad to choose from. Read the loanees are back with the team, wonder if any will be involved on Sat, manager said he had a few injuries on his interview last week. Anyone with inside knowledge got team suggestions?

Expect at least 5 goals in this game. No idea how they'll be spread though.

We won the 4-1 match at Methil because our midfield had a lot more craft and guile than East Fife did on the night. Henderson and Russell also produced their best joint effort to date. If we're strong again in those areas, then we should win, but East Fife have an impressive front two in Austin and Smith, so it isn't going to be a stroll. I'd have Young in for Tulloch, given that the former has signed on again for next season and Tulloch has'nt (yet). Not sure how long Bauld is out for so Dev will probably be back in again at right back. He was outstanding in the win at Methil. Don't think Willis or Gray will lay again this season so the manager will probably stay in the starting line-up playing deep in front of the back four.

We have been unfortunate to leave the last two away games empty handed. Hopefully lessons have been learned from the previous game at Bayview between the sides.

Let's think positive: A win at Shielfield and an Elgin draw sees us into the play-offs.

All the best to Gary and the boys...

I'd have Young in for Tulloch, given that the former has signed on again for next season and Tulloch has'nt (yet).

Need to win.

Young; decent, inconsistent, moaning faced git.

Tulloch, solid, organiser and leader.

You choose.

Young has had a couple of poor games after many many excellent displays from the moment he signed.

It's Tulloch that's inconsistent. Apart from being consistently knackered.

Fifers, talk on stirling chat is we have spoken to one of your players about a move

Allan Walker, hopefully.

Anyway...I'm not confident for today's match at all. We have a habit of bottling things whenever something is in our own hands so I'm going for a 3-1 Berwick win. However, if Naysmith finally decides to play to our own strengths, rather than worrying too much about the opposition, we might take something from this.

Fifers, talk on stirling chat is we have spoken to one of your players about a move

As said, Allan Walker hopefully, but I think it's Dickson!!!

Archived