Appeal for help - Is your Clubs badge at risk.

So some of you will already have noticed the campaign to save Airdrie FC's badge on here recently, the most important aspect of our fight to save our clubs badge is the fact we can only really do this by having some amendment made to the law which means the teams at risk in this photo will not have to endure the same problems. So i ask everyone who has a passion for "football" irrespective of your team to sign our petition on this page www.savethebadge.co.uk

Maybe those who are went to the site instead of dishing out platitudes here. In any case, fans have their own problems with their own clubs, football genuinely isn't the cuddly big family too many believe it to be. You either want names and action, or tea and sympathy.

Fair point, I'm just trying to provoke discussion http://elijahwadeartefacts.com/tag/rebrand/ what do you reckon of his Clyde Badge?

Quite smart. Like most of them, actually. A lot of badges have too much fannying about on them....coat of arms, and relevance to the founding of a club are important, but i find the black outlines on the Clyde badge quite tacky and looks like they've been ironed on. An actual stitched-badge gives a lot more meaning, and looks as if its something to be proud to wear.

Fair point, I'm just trying to provoke discussion http://elijahwadeartefacts.com/tag/rebrand/ what do you reckon of his Clyde Badge?

The Clyde one looks awful imo. Looks like some tacky computer image. Some of them do look decent though. The Berwick Rangers one looks like it belongs in Game of Thrones.

Quite smart. Like most of them, actually. A lot of badges have too much fannying about on them....coat of arms, and relevance to the founding of a club are important, but i find the black outlines on the Clyde badge quite tacky and looks like they've been ironed on. An actual stitched-badge gives a lot more meaning, and looks as if its something to be proud to wear.

Think this badge looks better than the ironed one we use now.

post-18747-14297412109145_thumb.jpg

If it were my choice, i'd get shot of the wreath-style design surrounding the ship altogether, and simply have Clyde FC underneath without the isosceles trapezoid marginalizing the club name inside it. It's almost a metaphor for being in an enclosed box......quite ironic.

Archived