Livi v Hibs

This game like last Wednesday against rangers is a free game for us, no one expects us to get anything, so we can play without too much pressure knowing if we sneak a win we could be off the bottom but if we don't then that wasn't a surprise and the players could then move onto the two games we've all targeted for wins.

Hibs I'm sure will be out to make up for the semi final result and go for it so we will need to be strong and defend properly, no reason if we do that we can't get anything out it but as I say that'll be a bonus.

What kinda crowd will Hibs be bringing to this ? Can we expect more smoke bombs and fireworks like Rangers last week.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livi to get 2 penalty decisions and DJ to score from a kick up the pitch that will bounce over Oxley's big head. Stubbs post match interview will be all about how great Hibs are and that Livi were lucky b*****ds to win 3-2 due to 2 dodgy ref decisions awarding us penalties and DJ's lucky kick out.

This game like last Wednesday against rangers is a free game for us, no one expects us to get anything, so we can play without too much pressure knowing if we sneak a win we could be off the bottom but if we don't then that wasn't a surprise and the players could then move onto the two games we've all targeted for wins.

You are not the only one that has had the opinion along these lines. However Livi will not be thinking that this is a 'free' game 'so can play without too much pressure'. Livi's club, manager and of course players are under severe pressure as they are bottom of the league and have only 3 matches left! (Surely QOS are as difficult as Hibs? ) There is no doubt they will fully understand that each of their last 3 games are of equal importance and will be aiming to take maximum points no matter who they are playing. You've said it yourself you will go on the same points as Alloa if you win. That tells you Livi incentive and they will have extra confidence from the Rangers match and rightly so. Btw I expect Livi to get something if Livi play as well as their last 2 matches v Rangers, a win or draw would certainly be on the cards.

How's this match got round UEFA's 'All Must Bow to the Champions League' rule by being televised at the same time as the CL games? I doubt Alba could afford the fine.

(Surely QOS are as difficult as Hibs? )

Whether we are or aren't, he's presuming that we'll either field half a reserve side or not overly exert ourselves in the last week if we've already clinched a playoff spot which will likely happen this weekend with either a point against Dumbarton or Falkirk failing to win at Ibrox.

Whether we are or aren't, he's presuming that we'll either field half a reserve side or not overly exert ourselves in the last week if we've already clinched a playoff spot which will likely happen this weekend with either a point against Dumbarton or Falkirk failing to win at Ibrox.

Ok I get your thoughts and I agree if QOS have already clinched a play off spot ( dare I say it looks likely) they may rest players etc. ) However no way will Livi think that way. They will go for maximum points v Hibs and Raith. It may be a bonus if QOS team is weaker or less effort from QOS players but for Livi it's the same. No manager or player wants to go into the last fixture having the pressure of must win.

Of coarse the team won't be thinking tonight is a free game and obviously they will be going out to win the game, as Id expect. But I'd say most Livi fans will go into this game with little expectation.

As has been said we are aiming and need a minimum of 6 points to at least get into the playoffs, I think it's more likely we'd get said 6 points from Raith rovers who have nothing to play for and a QoS team who will hopefully be gaurenteed a 4th place finish and will perhaps rest players ahead of the playoffs.

Anything from tonight is a bonus but certainly not out of reach.

Of coarse the team won't be thinking tonight is a free game and obviously they will be going out to win the game, as Id expect. But I'd say most Livi fans will go into this game with little expectation.

As has been said we are aiming and need a minimum of 6 points to at least get into the playoffs, I think it's more likely we'd get said 6 points from Raith rovers who have nothing to play for and a QoS team who will hopefully be gaurenteed a 4th place finish and will perhaps rest players ahead of the playoffs.

Anything from tonight is a bonus but certainly not out of reach.

Was impressed with Livi a couple of weeks ago. Hope I'm wrong but I can see them getting something from this game.

Hibs away from home are nothing special.

Tempted to stick a tenner on Livingston to cheer myself up when they score a 99th minute winner :(

Unfortunately with heavy rain forecast for our game with Raith on Saturday I wouldn't worry about this result unduly.

Play like we have at times in the last few weeks and there's no reason we can't get at least a point. Hopefully we go out to get all 3 though.

Have a feeling Cowden/Alloa will pick something up on Saturday so tonights result will end up being important.

Play like we have at times in the last few weeks and there's no reason we can't get at least a point. Hopefully we go out to get all 3 though.

Have a feeling Cowden/Alloa will pick something up on Saturday so tonights result will end up being important.

Don't share your optimism with that but hope you're right.

Hibs have two players suspended for tonight's match with Scott Allan being one of them. They also don't look so assured away from home as they do at Easter Road plus they're coming off the back of a major disappointment at the weekend. Reckon Livi will get a result tonight and be favourites for 8th. Reckon the winner of Alloa and Cowden will only make the play-offs.

Archived