Johnston burgh

MollyDolly

This saga has been already covered here:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/222366-johnstone-burgh-v-royal-albert/

I can see them getting the book thrown at them this time for the tractor tyres on the pitch. They've been quick to blame (rightly) the local vandals for all manner of problems, but this looks suspiciously like deliberate sabotage to get the game called off - were they due to be missing key players at all?

Considering they're meant to have some American football crowd - the Trojans or something - using their ground as well in the summer months, god knows what state their pitch will be like come the start of next season.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/222366-johnstone-burgh-v-royal-albert/

I can see them getting the book thrown at them this time for the tractor tyres on the pitch. They've been quick to blame (rightly) the local vandals for all manner of problems, but this looks suspiciously like deliberate sabotage to get the game called off - were they due to be missing key players at all?

Considering they're meant to have some American football crowd - the Trojans or something - using their ground as well in the summer months, god knows what state their pitch will be like come the start of next season.

Burgh had 20 fit players warming up yesterday when the ref called the game off

"I can see them getting the book thrown at them this time for the tractor tyres on the pitch. They've been quick to blame (rightly) the local vandals for all manner of problems, but this looks suspiciously like deliberate sabotage to get the game called off - were they due to be missing key players at all?

Considering they're meant to have some American football crowd - the Trojans or something - using their ground as well in the summer months, god knows what state their pitch will be like come the start of next season."

Speaking with the burgh management when I arrived on Saturday they were upset regarding the pitch.

I believe that this was a genuine error. The burgh guys tried their best to roll the pitch at two areas which were deemed unsafe by the referee. They also added sand and re painted parts of the lines. To be fair I agreed the ref as any of the players could have been at risk of turning an ankle at both areas.

Burgh had a full squad ready to go from what I could see.

The rest of the pitch was in good condition considering the amount its being played on this season.

Renfrew, who usually play at Johnstone Burgh, will now be using St Anthony's for this Wednesday's Home fixture.

Renfrew are also due at Home this Saturday and the following Wednesday.

Whether those will also have to be elsewhere than Keanie Park, we will see...

Having hosted the Trojans for two years at Troon I can say that they will have little or no impact on the playing surface. it is unfortunate they had to move away last year (due to the locality of their playing squad) and we would have welcomed them back this year but a few logistical issues at our side stopped it happening.

We generated crowds of circa 200 people at Troon and if Johnston burgh can get their pitch sorted and the social club open etc they will have a good chance of making decent money over the summer months.

Renfrew, who usually play at Johnstone Burgh, will now be using St Anthony's for this Wednesday's Home fixture.

Renfrew are also due at Home this Saturday and the following Wednesday.

Whether those will also have to be elsewhere than Keanie Park, we will see...

Saturday's will be at Port Glasgow,

it's funny a tractor doing that, the pitches should be firm. weathers been good. ive worked on pitches masel

if ye have worked on pitches you will know they are not all the same ....our pitch is very dry and rutted in places but Thorniewood ,a few miles down the road was very soft underfoot last night....some dry out quicker than others.....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived