Tucker

visitor 88

Was having a chat with someone about the fact that the Talbot are in another scottish cup final (must be 5 or 6 in the last decade) and was thinking that with the amount of silverwear that the Talbot have won under tucker, he must be the best junior manager ever.

Out of interest how many trophies have they won under tucker?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is certainly a fascinating character. Talbot had no reserve goalie yesterday. In the modern game it is not uncommon for your keeper to receive a red card.

Got to admit I loved the raw drama of David Gormley getting ready to face Stewart Kean's spot kick.

For a couple of minutes I thought he had made a massive mistake by not having a squad goalie available.

That's how I pay to get in & he stands in the dugout area directing operations.

Was having a chat with someone about the fact that the Talbot are in another scottish cup final (must be 5 or 6 in the last decade) and was thinking that with the amount of silverwear that the Talbot have won under tucker, he must be the best junior manager ever.

Out of interest how many trophies have they won under tucker?

Tucker has a long way to go before surpassing Wullie Knox's trophy haul at Auchinleck, Toonheed will know better but I think knox won approx 50 trophies in 15 years at Talbot Tucker will be about 20ish in ten seasons.............both are outstanding achievements and deserve the utmost respect.

And, of course you vastly superior budget

Any money Talbot generate is by hard work, application and a fantastic fan base. They are a model of the self financing club who operate within their means. A few clubs could learn from them!

I think we need to remember the input Allan McLuckie puts into the squad.

Not forgetting yourself, George, & the rest of the Committee lads, DB

Marvellous team effort.

Good Match Magazine yesterday.

And, of course you vastly superior budget

Which they earned off their own steam. Like it or lump it, Auchinleck Talbot are a fine example of a club earning their honours from their own hard work, nothing else.

No financial doping + No sugar daddy on an ego trip = sustainable success.

deal_with_it_spider.gif

Any money Talbot generate is by hard work, application and a fantastic fan base. They are a model of the self financing club who operate within their means. A few clubs could learn from them!

Of course, but their continued success in the Juniors leads to frequent appearances in the senior cup, leading to a situation where the rich get richer and the rest...don't. It's not a true level playing field.

Of course, but their continued success in the Juniors leads to frequent appearances in the senior cup, leading to a situation where the rich get richer and the rest...don't. It's not a true level playing field.

I think you will find that any money earned from these games is put straight back into the club. Our recent signings have Willie Boyd (free from Largs) Mark Campbell (free from Meadow) Lee Cochrane (JohnstoneBurgh Un21's). Success comes from a backroom staff who can sniff out potential footballers.

I think you will find that any money earned from these games is put straight back into the club. Our recent signings have Willie Boyd (free from Largs) Mark Campbell (free from Meadow) Lee Cochrane (JohnstoneBurgh Un21's). Success comes from a backroom staff who can sniff out potential footballers.

But I assume your facilities will be second to none, and the above players will be on a handsome wage as well? Not having a go, it's a great success story, but the current situation with junior football means that a bankrolled club is the only way you'll ever get a challenge.

As someone on the ATFC Forum pointed out, if we count in the 2012 Junior Cup Final defeat to Shotts BA, then Tucker has now taken us to more Junior Cup Finals than Wullie Knox, and dare I say it more than any other Junior manager ever?

Tucker has a long way to go before surpassing Wullie Knox's trophy haul at Auchinleck, Toonheed will know better but I think knox won approx 50 trophies in 15 years at Talbot Tucker will be about 20ish in ten seasons.............both are outstanding achievements and deserve the utmost respect.

In replay to my earlier post after a wee bit of research and taking it the data is accurate,

Knox won 41 trophies and Tuckers has won 18 to date.

Just to add Knox won a few local trophies that are no longer competed for such as the Ayrshire District cup, the Super cup and the East Ayrshire cup.

Of the 3 main trophies

Knox won 5 Scottish cups. 9 West cups and 9 league titles.

Tucker has won 4 Scottish cups, 1 West and 3 league titles.

What can you say about Tommy Sloan , other than top manager and top guy. Always want his teams to get beat but 9 times out of 10 they don't. Dillemma he has is he is still relatively young in management terms , where does he go from talbot when the day comes to move on.

Archived