The Rovers Are Coming

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think there is a huge gap between the leagues, the full time teams have not really stood out despite the advantage of that status it remains to be seen how many are full time next season. Going by this season a well organized team that work hard for each other can compete in this division as Stranraer have proved this year. Has there been much change made to Cliftonhill as was spoken about before.

Now that the mighty Vers are confirmed, how big a jump is it & Vers fans , how many players do you need

Normally 11, but if your playing Ayr probably seven would do it like Blue Orchid suggests.

Seven or more.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Much as yesterday was wonderful, we're unlikely to get over 70 points which is relatively low for a team who have wrapped the League up pretty early. The fact that defensively we're pretty strong and can play on the break will help, but there's little doubt we have more than a few guys middle to front who just aren't going to do in the League above.

Ally the above to the fact that the budget will be tighter, and I reckon we'll see a much younger Rovers side next year. Yet 8th position or above can definitely be achieved, and your own club is the best example of that. I'd reckon our budget is higher than yours, yet you're leading a League with a decent selection of full-time teams. Of course, you had a couple of years of consolidation first (8th in your first year, most notably), and that has to be our immediate target.

How has Eddie Fearns been playing for Albion?

For me, he's flattered to deceive. He's lightning quick, and when we got him, he looked promising and just an inch or two away from producing on several occasions. The hope was that once he settled in and got fit, he'd start to deliver, but that hasn't happened and he's currently out the team..

The fact that defensively we're pretty strong and can play on the break will help, but there's little doubt we have more than a few guys middle to front who just aren't going to do in the League above.

I worry that our defence will change a lot for next season. I won't be surprised if Turnbull and Ross Dunlop move on and, as much as I hate to say it, I have concerns as to whether Mick Dunlop will have the legs for League 1. What we definitely need is more than two centre backs in the squad - reducing the merry band of midfielders should free up some space.

I also think Young will struggle a league higher up and a year older and hope he sees himself as back up to a largely new look midfield. However, I won't be surprised to see him starting in midfield alongside golden boys Davidson and Fisher next season. I also suspect there's an issue between Chaplain and Clark/Young meaning we've seen the last of him in a Rovers shirt.

McGuigan and Gemmill should be kept with another one or two strikers brought in as suitable cover.

Whatever happens over the summer, it'll be interesting and I look forward to seeing how the squad shapes up for an exciting challenge next year.

I agree that big changes are needed in order to survive. Cut-throat decisions were made last Summer in the management staff and the playing roster needs to be treated the same way.

The first-choice back four and the experienced Chaplain, Cusack, McKenzie and McGuigan are the only players I'd be particularly disappointed to see the back of. The rest are probably L2 standard.

I worry that our defence will change a lot for next season. I won't be surprised if Turnbull and Ross Dunlop move on and, as much as I hate to say it, I have concerns as to whether Mick Dunlop will have the legs for League 1. What we definitely need is more than two centre backs in the squad - reducing the merry band of midfielders should free up some space.

I also think Young will struggle a league higher up and a year older and hope he sees himself as back up to a largely new look midfield. However, I won't be surprised to see him starting in midfield alongside golden boys Davidson and Fisher next season. I also suspect there's an issue between Chaplain and Clark/Young meaning we've seen the last of him in a Rovers shirt.

McGuigan and Gemmill should be kept with another one or two strikers brought in as suitable cover.

Whatever happens over the summer, it'll be interesting and I look forward to seeing how the squad shapes up for an exciting challenge next year.

I'd struggle to argue with any of that. The 4G pitch will probably make up the minds of Dunlop and Young more than anything else; I doubt either will fancy playing every home game on that

Archived