St Mirren vs Killie

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this likely to be ticket-only or pay-at-the-gate for Killie fans? Not been to Paisley for a couple of years due to work and I remember a few being all-ticket for away support.

It's 'ticket only', because the turnstiles generally aren't manned, but you can buy a ticket right beside the gate then walk through. You don't need your ticket in advance.

There will be plenty of space at the Home end if the Away end is full........

Yeah, we should do what Killie like doing and turn over three-quarters of the ground to away fans.

Yeah, we should do what Killie like doing and turn over three-quarters of the ground to away fans.

Killie fans were livid about that on both occasions. However, we made a huge amount of cash so from a business point of view it makes sense. One of the most surreal experiences of my life was watching the Celtic fans take over 3 stands in the ground - (it wasn't quite as horrible as the time we opened the door to the blue bigots to sit anywhere though - shudder!).

These games just don't produce goals. 1-0, 1-1, 0-0 is the typical result. Boring formations that cancel each other out and almost zero passion from the support.

Bearing all of this in mind.....Maureens 0 Killie 5

We have sophisticated turnstiles where entry is via a scanner. Stick a ticket in the scanner and entry is obtained. Supposed to cut down costs as we have no turnstile operators and speeds up entry as no-one is counting pennies and trying to find change for a £100 note. Great for season ticket holders but not so good for away fans who queue to buy a ticket then queue again as the folk in front try to work out how to use a scanner :)

We have sophisticated turnstiles where entry is via a scanner. Stick a ticket in the scanner and entry is obtained. Supposed to cut down costs as we have no turnstile operators and speeds up entry as no-one is counting pennies and trying to find change for a £100 note. Great for season ticket holders but not so good for away fans who queue to buy a ticket then queue again as the folk in front try to work out how to use a scanner :)

Great for away fans too. I've got in with a child's ticket every time I've been to your place.

Archived