Micky sacked !

colinmc

Personally like to wish Mickey the very best of luck wherever/whatever his next venture may be.

Let's not forget he won us the last ever eosfl championship when the odds looked against us with just a couple of weeks of the season to go.

Another highlight was the fantastic day oot we had in defeating Dalbeattie Star down at galabank in the south cup final. (reason I was so disappointed with Strollers result recently).

Also let's not forget Mickey's strong involvement in getting ww in partnership with Edinburgh South. Presumably this link will still carry on ? Even if one laddie makes it through to become a 1st team regular then has to be positive.

I noticed last night we had no physio or assistant manager in dug oot so it's maybe not just players the new manager will have to bring in ?

Looks like some major rebuilding ahead.

Good luck whoever that may be.

Mon the Welfarrrrrrre !!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally like to wish Mickey the very best of luck wherever/whatever his next venture may be. Let's not forget he won us the last ever eosfl championship when the odds looked against us with just a couple of weeks of the season to go. Another highlight was the fantastic day oot we had in defeating Dalbeattie Star down at galabank in the south cup final. (reason I was so disappointed with Strollers result recently). Also let's not forget Mickey's strong involvement in getting ww in partnership with Edinburgh South. Presumably this link will still carry on ? Even if one laddie makes it through to become a 1st team regular then has to be positive. I noticed last night we had no physio or assistant manager in dug oot so it's maybe not just players the new manager will have to bring in ? Looks like some major rebuilding ahead. Good luck whoever that may be. Mon the Welfarrrrrrre !!!

I agree with Newky on the partnership with Edinburgh South, these young lads have progressed to the first team because of the injuries and suspension but at least a couple have shown they have what it takes to play at this level.

It would be a real shame if Whitehill haven't considered a role for Mickey to stay involved in the youth set up and to progress it.

No surprise to be honest but as Newky said, good luck to Mickey in whatever he does in the future..

It has been the worst kept secret in football and the the WW committee should take a long hard look at themselves...

If the next manager doesn't get results they will be having secret meetings with other potential gaffers!!

No surprise to be honest but as Newky said, good luck to Mickey in whatever he does in the future..

It has been the worst kept secret in football and the the WW committee should take a long hard look at themselves...

If the next manager doesn't get results they will be having secret meetings with other potential gaffers!!

So I hear. Think if Micky wasn't in Spain he'd have got a heads up and realised he was a 'dead man walking' .

So I hear. Think if Micky wasn't in Spain he'd have got a heads up and realised he was a 'dead man walking' .

You seem to have plenty to say.

"heads up" surely his management team would've known then eh

So who told ye this so you hear ?

You seem to have plenty to say.

"heads up" surely his management team would've known then eh

So who told ye this so you hear ?

I didn't hear it before today but have since heard the decision was made on Sunday and given how quickly there seems to be movement on a replacement we can assume that those telling us that someone was approached before last night aren't telling porkies.

I think it's harsh on mickey if I'm honest, injuries can't be helped and suspensions can't be helped all the time! Been very unlucky and had to play with 3/4 under 20 players every week...

Think you're right but last night you said it was the experienced players that were letting them down.....

I think it's harsh on mickey if I'm honest, injuries can't be helped and suspensions can't be helped all the time! Been very unlucky and had to play with 3/4 under 20 players every week...

On saying that he blogged a few weeks ago that he could've brought experienced players in but decided to stick with youth which looks unfortunately that it backfired.

Must admit I stopped reading the blog after he accused us "the fans who'll be there for years to come" to get a life couple weeks back (I'm a wee sensitive soul :D)

All downhill from there but fair play to let the whole world know the ins and outs at ww, some liked it some didn't, not many managers would do that.

For attention of Tam the bam he was here for 3 years which is more than most managers get at clubs so still don't know wtf you were going on aboot :o

The new WW committee ditty.

Oh! Let's go!

Sir Peter walks warily down the street
With the brim pulled way down low.
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet,
Machine guns ready to go.

Are you ready, hey, are you ready for this?
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get you, too

How do you think I'm going to get along
Without you when you're gone?
You took me for everything that I had
And kicked me out on my own

Are you happy, are you satisfied?
How long can you stand the heat?
To the sound of the beat

[Chorus]

There are plenty of ways that you can hurt a man
And bring him to the ground
You can beat him, you can cheat him
You can treat him bad and leave him when he's down

But I'm ready, yes, I'm ready for you
I'm standing on my own two feet
Repeating to the sound of the beat

[Chorus]

The new WW committee ditty.

Oh! Let's go![/size]

Seags walks warily down the street[/size]With the brim pulled way down low.[/size]Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet,[/size]Machine guns ready to go.[/size]Are you ready, hey, are you ready for this?[/size]Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?[/size]Out of the doorway the bullets rip[/size]To the sound of the beat[/size]Another one bites the dust[/size]Another one bites the dust[/size]And another one gone, and another one gone[/size]Another one bites the dust[/size]Hey, I'm gonna get you, too[/size]Another one bites the dust[/size]How do you think I'm going to get along[/size]Without you when you're gone?[/size]You took me for everything that I had[/size]And kicked me out on my own[/size]Are you happy, are you satisfied?[/size]How long can you stand the heat?[/size]Out of the doorway the bullets rip[/size]To the sound of the beat[/size][Chorus]Another one bites the dust[/size]Another one bites the dust[/size]Another one bites the dust[/size]Another one bites the dust[/size]There are plenty of ways that you can hurt a man[/size]And bring him to the ground[/size]You can beat him, you can cheat him[/size]You can treat him bad and leave him when he's down[/size]But I'm ready, yes, I'm ready for you[/size]I'm standing on my own two feet[/size]Out of the doorway the bullets rip[/size]Repeating to the sound of the beat[/size][Chorus]

My superbrains did you wait the full 3 years for that one :D

On saying that he blogged a few weeks ago that he could've brought experienced players in but decided to stick with youth which looks unfortunately that it backfired. Must admit I stopped reading the blog after he accused us "the fans who'll be there for years to come" to get a life couple weeks back (I'm a wee sensitive soul :D) All downhill from there but fair play to let the whole world know the ins and outs at ww, some liked it some didn't, not many managers would do that.For attention of Tam the bam he was here for 3 years which is more than most managers get at clubs so still don't know wtf you were going on aboot :o

I think you're spot on. Was thinking of this the other day and thought of what he puts in his blog- I'm willing to bet it's no less or more than a press conference at the top level and therefore it's interesting to read about what happens inside a team at this level.

As I've said before, it can be tricky balancing a squad of players so gambling on the senior guys staying fit was the option he went for. The club ultimately may benefit to blooding these young guys who look decent players.

The pop at the fans was probably Ill advised, but I often felt he used the blog as a way of galvanising players, much like kingy does at BSC. And would be looking to show them that he had their back despite what the supporters were saying.

Never nice to hear news like that.

Micky let me take in a few training sessions this season, just to have a wee look at drills and how they set up. Was nice of him to do that, most managers at that level wouldn't have bothered replying or would have said no if anyone from amateurs made that request. Lot of snobbery from the majority of them.

He chatted away and his enthusiasm was clear. I Was really pleased and appreciated it big time.

Read his blog regularly as well - thought it was superb.

Hope he gets another job soon - top man.

On saying that he blogged a few weeks ago that he could've brought experienced players in but decided to stick with youth which looks unfortunately that it backfired. Must admit I stopped reading the blog after he accused us "the fans who'll be there for years to come" to get a life couple weeks back (I'm a wee sensitive soul :D) All downhill from there but fair play to let the whole world know the ins and outs at ww, some liked it some didn't, not many managers would do that. For attention of Tam the bam he was here for 3 years which is more than most managers get at clubs so still don't know wtf you were going on aboot :o

wtf was I going on about- just your club's record of sacking managers at the drop of a hat- like the one who was sacked after winning the East of Scotland title. Ask anyone who doesn't have claret and light blue specs on.

oh, and a Whitehill fan accusing a City fan of arrogance? Apparently a device for boiling water has just called a recepticle for cooking stew in a dark shade..

shame if the young lads are getting the blame as they are doing their best and its not their fault the 1st team is short on players

also most of the under 20s were last season playing for one of the worst teams at under 19 level or were not even in the first 11 for their respective teams so its a big step up for them so hopefully they will progress with time

Archived