Pollok v Kirkintilloch Rob Roy, Sat Apr 18th , Newlandsfield

RobRoyGuy

Big game this saturday for both teams. With Shettleston winning tonight we could do with getting something out of this game. A pollok win all but raps up the title for them.

Win for us tonight on pens in the cup against Johnstone Burgh , fielded a fairly strong side as did Pollok looking at their line up tonight against Petershill.

Expect Pollok to get at us from the go , hopefully we are up for the challenge and put in a good performance.Looking forward to it kind of game you want your team to be involved in.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed Bradley wasn't playing and was it David winters?

Looked a fairly strong pollok team all the same. Not sure if it's good or bad for us that pollok lost tonight. Most probably not good news for us ,we will need to be prepared for a backlash.

Noticed Bradley wasn't playing and was it David winters?

Looked a fairly strong pollok team all the same. Not sure if it's good or bad for us that pollok lost tonight. Most probably not good news for us ,we will need to be prepared for a backlash.

Yeh Robbie is cup tied.

4 First team players missing tonight so not exactly full strength. We were piss poor though. Expecting a reaction on Saturday and for us to go for a win from the off.

We had 3 certain starters out injured too.

Yeh Robbie is cup tied.

Did Bradley appear at all tonight or was he not even at the game?

Petershill are overall a good premier league side but have to admit did have you on my coupon to win thinking you would be right up for it. Maybe an error on my part given the game on Saturday and the fact your still in the west.

Big game this saturday for both teams. With Shettleston winning tonight we could do with getting something out of this game. A pollok win all but raps up the title for them.

Win for us tonight on pens in the cup against Johnstone Burgh , fielded a fairly strong side as did Pollok looking at their line up tonight against Petershill.

Expect Pollok to get at us from the go , hopefully we are up for the challenge and put in a good performance.Looking forward to it kind of game you want your team to be involved in.

Will they celebrate in prose?

On a serious note I predict a Pollok victory. They are too strong for that League.

My opinion of pollok is that they are indeed to good for the super first. Don't think they would finish top 3 or 4 in the premier, around about mid table but they will have funds and have the name to attract big players .

My own team are going well but this is a big test to see how far we really have come since the start of the season.

If we play as we did last night Rob Roy will run out winners. Second half we didn't turn up. Need a few back from injury.

Yip I was right. Not good enough by Us again today. And now another player out injured will be struggling to put out a fit 11 soon.

Mon the Lok now

Mon the Lok now

well what a result. fair play to pollok they battled well but I think got ther tactics wrong. Rob Roy dug in deeper and just seemed to want it more. we deserved the victory today but I still think pollok will run out chanpions with us in second. jonathan carter at the end of the game was so chuffed to win it u could see how happy he was. well done all the players!

No bad result today ! :rolleyes:

Pollok 0 V Rob Roy 3

Nah brilliant result , great weather , good crowd , at the number 1 junior ground in scotland. Doesn't get much better.

Pollok started the game well , came at us had a few half chances , we struggled to get going but managed to keep them out . Gradually we came into the game , worked hard and eventually took the lead after Chris Duff raced through on goal to nicely slot past longmuir. After that we came into the game and started to play much better. Referee missed a penalty when pollok player used the top part of his arm inside the box. Second half missed a penalty for us , instead booking the watt for a dive , two mins later gave us a free kick when there was less contact and it probably wasn't a free kick. Second goal was a nice finish again from Chris Duff who found the bottom left hand corner from a free kick . The third was a nice finish from sub Steven Aitken inside the box to round things off. Pollok huffed and puffed but never really looked like scoring.

From the Roy point of vew Carter was solid , never put a foot wrong ( had a nasty collison with the fence ) , same for Barr , young danny mckenzie was really good as was paul finnigan who seems to get better every game at the age of 35. Young wingers Flood / Duff / Watt gave us a decent out ball with Sawyers working hard up front to create a chance. Middle of the pitch was only slight negative for us today we missed imo the work rate and tenacity of scott upton today but fair play to the guys in there who put in a decent shift. No sure what McMenamin was all about he was a red card waiting to happen today and when it finally came i wasn't surprised. Experienced player should be making sure he stays on the park, lucky his red didn't come earlier .

Well done to Stewart Maxwell and Paul Ronald both guys have done a excellent job after the disasterof last season playoffs , got us well organised , difficult to beat and a much better team than we were last season , the added bonus now is we have some local boys in the team as well who are playing their part in our good run.

Watt played for the penalty. He had 3 choices, cross it, go past the defender or go so slow he invited the challenge. He chose the last. Still a penalty but he's better than that.

Other than that a well deserved win. The lino at the open terrace side was a spectator, what is the point of not taking part. I called more decisions than he did.

Archived