Annbank v Lugar

Dalry1

As I was working down that way yesterday I sneaked in for the second half and was amazed at the way lugar played against a half strength annbank team. Who had a few missing or left ?

Got there and lugar were up 1-0 n soon went to 4-5-1 for a team looking for promotion surely they wouldn't need to do that against a smaller club

Then annbank scored to make it 1-1 then the lugar manager done somthing which i still can't believe this morning he sends his goalie up for a cornor and leaves two tall center halfs at the back

The goalie must b close to 40 and heavy he could hardly run to the annbank box n to top it off kept his hat on

Lugar then lost position n instead of the goalie running back he just stood at half way line as annbank took the win

U will never see anything like that in football again

Ps does anyone no y shankland and Paterson wasn't playing ?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder why shankland and Paterson wasn't playing

Defo the funniest thing ave seen in football that goalie running up the park n to top it off he kept his hat on

That will never b topd annbank must of thought it was Christmas

Couple of weeks ago Lugar still had it all to play for, and had the chance to generate a bit of excitement in the league. The manager was talking them up in the press, but things seem to have imploded on them and they appear to be going backwards. Don't know if off field issues are having an effect?

Wonder why shankland and Paterson wasn't playing

Defo the funniest thing ave seen in football that goalie running up the park n to top it off he kept his hat on

That will never b topd annbank must of thought it was Christmas

As l have stated before there is unrest in the players and a strong dislike to someone. Players have started leaving and more will follow which is a shame.

Shankland and Patterson where both injured on Saturday along with at least another 3 players. We had 4 young boys making there debut in junior football

All this rubbish about unrest and players falling out with teammates and management is a lot complete nonsense. The results haven't went our way that's football.

As for the goalie he's 28 not 40 and isn't any heavier than any other keeper in the adl. And was only following the managers instructions as a draw wasn't good enough for Lugar on Saturday. But a felt a got hung out to dry and made laughing stock with running up the park as am not the great runner . But hindsight is a wonderful thing. Hope that shuts all shit stirrers up.

You wouldn't grudge they 4 or 5 guys for going to maybole as its a chance to play in a higher league with a manager who knows what they can do.

As for guys not getting on with George av never seen or heard any player say a bad word about him. So you must know more than me. George and the rest of the coaching staffs knowledge of the adl is superb along with there coaching av been impressed in the time av been there.

Other teams like to slag of a guy they've probably never met or spoken too. Because he has a winning mentality Teams in the adl or the super leagues could do a lot worse than have him as gaffer.

U r obv new to ayrshire junior football then as no one likes ur manager he's applyed for almost every job in the juniors n ended up at lugar

As for yourself been hung to dry surly that's not a good manager hanging players to dry ?

Who is Baillie is that the troon center half very good player who was at whittlets as a coach and went back to troon is he at maybole now?

And I suppose your manger at Dalry has never made the wrong decision ever during a game With the amount of money some of your players are on use should be challenging for promotion.So doesn't say much about your manager. A think you should look at your own club before commenting on Lugar. And yes I am new to the adl but you can only take people at face value and everyone connected at Lugar have been very supportive and friendly.

We have a couple of players on some money I can imagine n rest r kids

To b fair we should just do a lugar offer our players good cash then just give them a hand shake n say sorry we can't pay

And as for cash the two teams who spent IT glt out the league so well done to them they achieved there goal lugar will always b the nearly team n as soon as walker left lugar had no chance

Archived