Cambuslang Rangers

Brycie73

A game I remember well. :angel It was our home game from memory, at your place.

Bit of a hosing 5-1 maybe ??

Peter, honestly out of interest, i know that was one of a run of maybe 14 games on the spin without a win for Camby before and during my tenure. However the question is what was my record in Derbys. Seriously i dont know. Add in the friendly for Children in Need Lol

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a hosing 5-1 maybe ??

Peter, honestly out of interest, i know that was one of a run of maybe 14 games on the spin without a win for Camby before and during my tenure. However the question is what was my record in Derbys. Seriously i dont know. Add in the friendly for Children in Need Lol

Nah, it was the 2-0 game, it was our last match of the season. Tony Fraser and Stephen McGladrigan scored the goals, and I think it meant you guys were relegated that afternoon. As for your overall record v us, if you give me the exact dates of your tenure I'll be able to tell you no problem.

Good idea it now reads, "after the disapointment of being relegated with the team i inherited i started my first full season at Cambuslang with no players but got promotion at first time of asking".

But you are correct again, i doubt i will need to refer to it as i am retiring. :thumsup2:thumsup2

On your first point - Congratulations , albeit 7 years late , although I do remember saying well done at the time.

Second point - your retirement from the junior game.

. Hope you enjoy it & good luck with the Rangers stuff. Sad the way it ended at Cambuslang , but it was your choice & I'm sure I'll see your ugly face down Somervell now & then.

On your first point - Congratulations , albeit 7 years late , although I do remember saying well done at the time.

Second point - your retirement from the junior game.

. Hope you enjoy it & good luck with the Rangers stuff. Sad the way it ended at Cambuslang , but it was your choice & I'm sure I'll see your ugly face down Somervell now & then.

Yes i do recall you always being positive about the club and what we tried to achieve.

Said it before, everyone knows and i have made no secret how much Cambuslang means to me, so you can only imagine just how hard a decision it was to make. But we are where we are and life is faaar to short to let it get me down. I have made more friends in junior football than i have lost so that in itself is positive.

And yes i will be about Somervell every now and then. See you down there.

Nah, it was the 2-0 game, it was our last match of the season. Tony Fraser and Stephen McGladrigan scored the goals, and I think it meant you guys were relegated that afternoon. As for your overall record v us, if you give me the exact dates of your tenure I'll be able to tell you no problem.

Hmmmm early 2007 i think till Oct 2013

Yes i do recall you always being positive about the club and what we tried to achieve.

Said it before, everyone knows and i have made no secret how much Cambuslang means to me, so you can only imagine just how hard a decision it was to make. But we are where we are and life is faaar to short to let it get me down. I have made more friends in junior football than i have lost so that in itself is positive.

And yes i will be about Somervell every now and then. See you down there.

Remember & pay in ......... None of this 'jumping the wall' shit.

Hmmmm early 2007 i think till Oct 2013

Competitive matches - 13

Glencairn wins - 8 (including your first 6)

Cambuslang wins- 4

Draws - 1

Glencairn goals - 24

Cambuslang goals - 18

"Friendly" charity match for Cash for Kids - 1 (abandoned at 2-0 to Cambuslang, players got their handbags out and the referee filled his shorts.)

Just like Greenock :-)

Just like Greenock :-)

This is Greenock's second season (first spell) in the super first division and in both seasons they have been fighting relegation, imo they are punching above their weight. Don't mistake this for me having a dig at Greenock as it is actually a compliment, I think they are doing great to even be in the super first with a squad full of local players as they have always been (like the port) a yoyo club in the bottom two divisions.

My point is teams like Port Glasgow and Greenock shouldn't be labelled underachievers given their limited resources so well Done to Greenock for being there.

Don't really agree with that Greenock has a population of over 40 thousand, port over 15 thousand. Not exactly small villages , good population to get a team from. Not saying should be winning things but my opinion always expected them to do a bit better.

Anyway let the cambuslang guys argue amongst themselves again.

It was me that took the team down that season, fire fighting with players leaving and having to fill jerseys with who ever was available, despite going down it was down to 1 point and the last kick off the ball, leaving Lanark safe. In that Cambuslang has a great history, fabulous catchment for players and 1 of the best playing surfaces in the West. A club no too far down the road needed a season to create a hardcore of players and by adding quality won the league at a canter, have beating quality team in the Scottish and are in contention for promotion this year. Give John the time to add better players for next season, rebuilding disnae mean winning the league in the 1st season does it. I thought it meant moving forward in the right direction. Wardy was a success in my opinion in his time at Cambuslang, Christ he signed me to make sure we won the league at a crucial time. Sign of a good manager ;-)

very admirable of you to say that Shielsy but have Cambuslang gone forward this season? I don't think so looked ok at the start of the season but from Christmas onwards they have been horrible, some of the players on Saturday looked like they hadn't played with each other before and most just weren't fit! And we're not talking injuries I'm talking overweight overall the attitude was pretty poor as well

Don't really agree with that Greenock has a population of over 40 thousand, port over 15 thousand. Not exactly small villages , good population to get a team from. Not saying should be winning things but my opinion always expected them to do a bit better.

Anyway let the cambuslang guys argue amongst themselves again.

Fair enough.

On Cambuslang, thats the worst I've seen them, I was surprised on saturday as I was impressed with them when they gubbed us 5-0 earlier in the season.

Listen guys a few points here. How can people honestly say give the guy another season? The last few results have been among the worst in Cambuslangs history. If we are being honest Rossvale apart it's been a relatively poor league.

The club need a plan. Changes need to be made on and off the park. As for Wardy I don't think you appreciate the job he done at crfc until he was gone. I can tell you now the squad he left behind would never in a million years got relegated. Was unfortunate for shieldsy as he then had no players.They had the choice in the summer of 4 candidates Andy Frame, John Brogan, Colin Mitchell and Doyle/flannerry. The job was offered to frame who knocked it back and given to the 2 lads. Surely Brogan or mitch would have been a better option(my opinion) as they had experience. I'm not denying these guys have had bad luck but regardless they should have got out of this league.

Another note on Wardy. He may talk shite lol sorry mate, but he loves that club no doubt about it.He would be an ideal chairman in my opinion and could revitalise crfc.

Listen guys a few points here. How can people honestly say give the guy another season? The last few results have been among the worst in Cambuslangs history. If we are being honest Rossvale apart it's been a relatively poor league.

The club need a plan. Changes need to be made on and off the park. As for Wardy I don't think you appreciate the job he done at crfc until he was gone. I can tell you now the squad he left behind would never in a million years got relegated. Was unfortunate for shieldsy as he then had no players.They had the choice in the summer of 4 candidates Andy Frame, John Brogan, Colin Mitchell and Doyle/flannerry. The job was offered to frame who knocked it back and given to the 2 lads. Surely Brogan or mitch would have been a better option(my opinion) as they had experience. I'm not denying these guys have had bad luck but regardless they should have got out of this league.

Another note on Wardy. He may talk shite lol sorry mate, but he loves that club no doubt about it.He would be an ideal chairman in my opinion and could revitalise crfc.

If he loved the club & had its best interests at heart , why when he turned his back on the club did he come back & take a raft of our players away then? That's hardly thy actions of someone who loves the club. Another couple suddenly signed for our local rivals Rutherglen. For these 2 guys to state that they left Cambuslang out of loyalty to Wardlaw & join our neighbours ( not East Kilbride) Is an insult to everyone at Cambuslang Rangers. Our best defender , Gavin Rushford ended up at Arthurlie a few days after asking to be released as he was giving up football. Wardy then came back in the close season & pinched more players.

Surely someone who 'loves the club' wouldn't undermine our playing staff as if 'they belonged to him'. This is the main reason most Cambuslang fans I speak to feel bitter towards him. It's as if he was on a mission to destroy us. Listen , that was his choice to do this. It's done now , we've all moved on , but don't insult Cambuslang fans in saying he was Cambuslang through & through. He burnt his bridges as far as we're concerned & it was him who lit the fire. He'll probably come back on here poopooing all this but that's the way it happened. He doesn't love Cambuslang Rangers. He left & blew the place up on the way out.

He's also got previous for this. When he played for us , he took the huff when Andy Cunningham dropped him , suddenly he was at Larkhall as coach or whatever , then came back to Cambuslang & pillaged half of our league winning team from 03/04. Off the top of my head the players were , Ferguson , Doak , McRae , Brown etc. if he loved Cambuslang , why would he undermine the team?

He can come back on here & put his usual self serving spin on things , but he's done it twice to us , spat his dummy out & reeked revenge.

That's why there's animosity towards him.

Basically if he doesn't get his own way he turns on you. That's what he's done twice to his 'beloved'Cambuslang Rangers.

Archived