Lugar

Bob A

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in george griersons defence,article in this weeks cumnock chronicle reads,The players haven,t been paid from last year.i couldn,t then go and spend money putting a squad together for next season knowing that those players hadn,t been paid.that just doesn,t sit well with me.he has a heart.

Surely he must have known this when accepting the job and would he have done the same if the had got promoted. Do not think so, so l would say it is a lot of rubbish. Just my opinion though.

Any rumours who could be taking over?

Surely he must have known this when accepting the job and would he have done the same if the had got promoted. Do not think so, so l would say it is a lot of rubbish. Just my opinion though.

Any rumours who could be taking over?

No we didn't know when we took over.

Yes we would've stepped down if we had got promoted.

There you go I've answered 2 of your questions do you want to answer the one I asked you 3 times a few weeks ago.

Or will you pull this post like you did with your previous one on this thread.

There you go I've answered 2 of your questions do you want to answer the one I asked you 3 times a few weeks ago.

Appreciate the fact you come and post on here.

I am just curious as from the statement regarding next season it appears that there is some cash available. If there is I would have thought Lugar would have been a fantastic opportunity for you to build a team. Either there are underlying issues or you have something else lined up?

Interesting to see if any junior club will risk taking on the departed management team. Things seem to have imploded at Darvel, Kilwinning and Lugar when they have been there, or maybe they have just been unlucky.

George Grierson guided Darvel to what was at that time, their most successful season in 18 years. In that period the club were only out the bottom 6 once and were more often than not in the bottom 3. Such was his success, that Kilwinning Rangers came in for him at the end of that season. With his father resigning as chairman and virtually the entire squad moving on, many to Kilwinning, Darvel were left to start again, That can hardly be described as Grierson,s fault any more than it can be described as Kilwinnings, and is a common feature of club's in the ADL who have a promising manager.

I wasn't at Darvel at that time, but it is clear to me that George Grierson must have done a number of jobs on top of his role as manager.

It also seems strange that you mention the departing management team in the same breath as Darvel. Kevin Deeeney was never part of the Darvel management team, and was only latterly at Kilwinning.

It is not appropriate for me to comment on George Grierson,s time at Kilwinning other than to comment on their on-field success, but he was successful at Darvel and Newton Stewart, and the well publicised problems which Lugar have experienced cannot be attributed to the management team.

My reason for commenting is, that as a member of the committee of a small club whose very existence is regularly threatened, the future of Junior football at District League level (and above), needs managers and coaches who are prepared to work for no financial reward and to carry out a number of non-footballing roles.

We should be trying to attract as many people as possible to become involved in the game and keep our petty personal dislikes for individuals to ourselves; if we don,t then we run the risk of waking up one day to find a number of teams gone , through people being driven from the game by matters which have nothing to do with football.

At no time have I expressed a "petty personal dislike" for anyone on this thread. I started this thread as I genuinely hoped Lugar would be successful in sorting out their problems. I actually thought that Grierson was a good choice for Lugar as they could give him the opportunity to prove himself. I am aware that Kevin Deeney wasn't with him at Darvel, but they now appear to come as a management team. My only opinion of them is that they need to prove themselves and should ensure they take there next job with a long term view as from the outside looking in he appears to be always chasing a bigger job .

At no time have I expressed a "petty personal dislike" for anyone on this thread. I started this thread as I genuinely hoped Lugar would be successful in sorting out their problems. I actually thought that Grierson was a good choice for Lugar as they could give him the opportunity to prove himself. I am aware that Kevin Deeney wasn't with him at Darvel, but they now appear to come as a management team. My only opinion of them is that they need to prove themselves and should ensure they take there next job with a long term view as from the outside looking in he appears to be always chasing a bigger job .

I don't think valleyboy was accusing you of expressing a petty dislike for anyone, more likely the usual anonymous buffs posters who always stalk us.

So what has been established from your original question is that Geordie had nothing to do with any Darvel problems confirmed by their current chairman (Valleyboy) he had nothing to do with any of luger's current problems, confirmed in local papers by outgoing secretary (Kennie) and incoming secretary (Lauchlan).

So the only issue he has had is with Kilwinning where he won them their only title in 13 years of trying.

What team do you support Bob A?

Need to correct you there Deeney! Buffs won Super Premier 2003/04 and the next one was ADL in 2012/13! Not quite as long a wait as you thought!

Thanks for the correction. So ours was the last title in 12 years then?

George and kevin done a fantastic job an Newton stewart and the club were truly gutted when they left. There record in the south speaks for itself and they were unbeaten in the league the whole time they were here

So you just dived in to take over Lugar and never asked about any financial status regarding the club even when it has been known that they were struggling.

Just checked my inbox and NO messages from you so l do not know what question you are talking about.

So you just dived in to take over Lugar and never asked about any financial status regarding the club even when it has been known that they were struggling.

Just checked my inbox and NO messages from you so l do not know what question you are talking about.

I will answer this question later but before I do I think we should get to the bottom of the mental claims you regularly make about Geordie and myself.

I'm at work using my phone so I can't multi quote but if you go back to 19th march on the Kilwinning thread you made an insinuation which I asked you (it turned out to be) 4 times to clarify. You never did! You went further on this thread and said we were heavily involved in the deduction.

Now are you going explain why you would be thinking this or are you going to keep randomly throwing out slurs against Geordie and myself.

I see a Newton Stewart fan has came on and praised our work down there, so that now makes 3 of the 4 teams Geordie has been involved with happy with his work with Kilwinning being the only team upset that he won them their only title in over a decade (is that better viper ????). At what point do anonymous buffs fans realise they are making a tit of themselves to everyone on p'n'b by making accusations that not one single one of them have backed up with facts.

George Grierson guided Darvel to what was at that time, their most successful season in 18 years. In that period the club were only out the bottom 6 once and were more often than not in the bottom 3. Such was his success, that Kilwinning Rangers came in for him at the end of that season. With his father resigning as chairman and virtually the entire squad moving on, many to Kilwinning, Darvel were left to start again, That can hardly be described as Grierson,s fault any more than it can be described as Kilwinnings, and is a common feature of club's in the ADL who have a promising manager.

I wasn't at Darvel at that time, but it is clear to me that George Grierson must have done a number of jobs on top of his role as manager.

It also seems strange that you mention the departing management team in the same breath as Darvel. Kevin Deeeney was never part of the Darvel management team, and was only latterly at Kilwinning.

It is not appropriate for me to comment on George Grierson,s time at Kilwinning other than to comment on their on-field success, but he was successful at Darvel and Newton Stewart, and the well publicised problems which Lugar have experienced cannot be attributed to the management team.

My reason for commenting is, that as a member of the committee of a small club whose very existence is regularly threatened, the future of Junior football at District League level (and above), needs managers and coaches who are prepared to work for no financial reward and to carry out a number of non-footballing roles.

We should be trying to attract as many people as possible to become involved in the game and keep our petty personal dislikes for individuals to ourselves; if we don,t then we run the risk of waking up one day to find a number of teams gone , through people being driven from the game by matters which have nothing to do with football.

I have "greenied" your post, valleyboy, but I have to say if any management team are so weak that they take they huff and walk away from a club over posts on an online forum then they shouldn't be in any position of power at football.

From what I read there are a few personal vendettas out there but from what I've read about Mr Grierson i think he has the attitude to deal with it.

A could get a team out of a pub to win the south of Scotland league a think he brought them up to play darvel in a friendly and it was 6 or 7 1 in darvels favour

Never read as much pish in all my life. You obviously have no clue about the South of Scotland league. You are basing the level of the full league on a friendly in Ayrshire agaist half a Newton team as most of the boys didn't travel the 1 1/2 hour journey. I can assure you that the top 3 or 4 teams in the S of S league would win the ADL. There are players in that league who could play Premier in the Juniors.

I am willing to bet you have never seen a game in S of S league so don't talk pish.

I've seen games in the SofS league.

It would depend on which pub he's getting the players from, wouldn't it ?

If he's going into the Talbot social club it's entirely possible he could source players who could scoosh the SofS league.

Archived