The Rose v Musselburgh. Scottish Cup Semi Final

Dr V

Looking forward to this tomorrow. Turned down free tickets for Tynecastle to go so hope it's a good one. If Roddy is playing and on form (like he was against Raith in the Cup) he could win the game on his own. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it really be a big deal if Tommy Coyne was benched, never saw anything to impress me against better teams like Talbot or even Kelty in the last league match against Rose, all he has shown is a propensity for diving like a Faslane submarine on the few occasions I have saw him.

He was a passenger in the Scottish final against us although he seems to get around 30 goals a season, defences must be poor in the East!!

Personally hope Rose win as feel we will bully them AGAIN in the final and it would be an easier final for Talbot if we get there than if Mussy win. :)

Looking forward to this tomorrow. Turned down free tickets for Tynecastle to go so hope it's a good one. If Roddy is playing and on form (like he was against Raith in the Cup) he could win the game on his own. Good luck to both teams.

That's what I'm worried about!

Hopefully we give as good an account of ourselves tomorrow as we did last week. 'mon the Burgh!!

2 key players for us tomorrow are Jackie Myles and Jordyn Sheerin. I feel physically sick watching Jackie play. He runs more in 90 minutes than I have in my entire life. It's inhuman. His energy and tackling tomorrow are vital if we want to get a grip of the midfield. Stick close to their key man in the middle and we have a chance. I think a lot of teams understimate Sheerin because he's a big lad but he can play and he can score goals. Lots of them. We may not get a lot of chances but what ones we do need putting away. Same goes for Steven Thomson

Nature is the beast is everyone will be looking more at what Rose do than us. Still say the pressure is on them but the last thing we should do is park the bus. We can play good football and if we can get the first, not too early, we'll be hard to beat.

Going to be a bit tasty I think.

2 key players for us tomorrow are Jackie Myles and Jordyn Sheerin. I feel physically sick watching Jackie play. He runs more in 90 minutes than I have in my entire life. It's inhuman. His energy and tackling tomorrow are vital if we want to get a grip of the midfield. Stick close to their key man in the middle and we have a chance. I think a lot of teams understimate Sheerin because he's a big lad but he can play and he can score goals. Lots of them. We may not get a lot of chances but what ones we do need putting away. Same goes for Steven Thomson

Nature is the beast is everyone will be looking more at what Rose do than us. Still say the pressure is on them but the last thing we should do is park the bus. We can play good football and if we can get the first, not too early, we'll be hard to beat.

I think Smith & Myles will deal with their middle men no bother if they play like they did last Saturday. My worry is Roddy being back for them, he is a nippy player with good intelligence and great skill when he's on his game - if he comes off the wanders off the wing and comes into the middle as he likes to do then our boys might get outnumbered in there if our wide players don't track him.

I think it's going to be a tasty game - I reckon it'll be a massive crowd tomorrow, 'mon the Burgh!!

Would it really be a big deal if Tommy Coyne was benched, never saw anything to impress me against better teams like Talbot or even Kelty in the last league match against Rose, all he has shown is a propensity for diving like a Faslane submarine on the few occasions I have saw him.

He was a passenger in the Scottish final against us although he seems to get around 30 goals a season, defences must be poor in the East!!

Personally hope Rose win as feel we will bully them AGAIN in the final and it would be an easier final for Talbot if we get there than if Mussy win. :)

TC will play where and how he plays is key. The Rosè have employed almost a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 system in which he has been played on the left - personally he is wasted out there so its testimony to his ability he is still in the 30's with goals again this season.

For me we have to many similar players - 4 top centre forwards and 5 top centre mids but that has meant we have been forced into playing top players out of position. Against the better teams you are more liable to struggle if a player isn't as natural in that position.

But I still think if we play anywhere near our potential then we win. Musselburgh are no mugs and were well worthy of their victory last week. A cracking tie awaits.

HTG

I've always been impressed with Sheerin when I've seen him. Big powerful laddie and a good eye for goal.

Defences are poor right through junior fitbaw.

Another complete embarrassment. McGowan should never be in the team before McKillen. Tactics are high balls against a massive defence. No positives so far and the manager and players should be ashamed of themselves.

Archived