Clydebank v Beith

RtB1998

We have some good young players coming through who should be in the team next season, with some experienced players signed we could come straight back up.

I think it's important we hold onto Ian Gold, Andy Paterson and Phil Barclay and the Keeper Campbell. Wouldn't be bothered about any others leaving.

Clydebank were abysmal today and Beith were well worth the points. Our most important game of the season and we approached it like a pre season friendly.

Very impressed with Kenny McLean for the visitors today - thought he put in a great shift.

Bankies on that showing are going down and thoroughly deserve to

Beith didn't have to be good to win this one. Clydebank were dreadful and barring a major miracle will take an automatic drop with Cumnock and almost certainly Shotts / Kilbirnie contesting play off slot. They have been the poorest teams I have seen this season amongst a lot of mediocre others with Talbot and Hurlford marginal exceptions

Beith didn't have to be good to win this one. Clydebank were dreadful and barring a major miracle will take an automatic drop with Cumnock and almost certainly Shotts / Kilbirnie contesting play off slot. They have been the poorest teams I have seen this season amongst a lot of mediocre others with Talbot and Hurlford marginal exceptions

Only two go down automatically with one more for the playoff. Which will be between kilbirnie and shotts, if Beith beat kilbirnie next week will be them in the playoff.

We have some good young players coming through who should be in the team next season, with some experienced players signed we could come straight back up.

I think it's important we hold onto Ian Gold, Andy Paterson and Phil Barclay and the Keeper Campbell. Wouldn't be bothered about any others leaving.

I think he's 1 of the worst keepers in the league

Really happy to finally beat Clydebank yesterday for the first time ever away from home.

Usually when we face the bankies you tend to know their players who can hurt you before you arrive into the ground ( players like joe Andrews , McKinnon , McElroy ( forgive the spelling) Alan jack from a bygone era, stefan gonet shutting you out etc .

Yesterday on the bus on the way up I wasn't fearing any names in the bankies lineup for the first time up there and its probably because Clydebank have been a victim of their own success with their very best players being head hunted by the senior teams which has really handicapped them.

I felt we were the better team yesterday although Clydebank weren't helped by their goalie who looked suspect for both goals for me .

As for the pitch it was in a remarkable condition considering its played on every single week and obviously lots of hard work has went on there, I know its looking increasingly likely but I wouldn't want to see Clydebank go down as I've always felt that they play football the correct way and also they do have a premier league support so they on the whole would be a big loss .

Really happy to finally beat Clydebank yesterday for the first time ever away from home.

Usually when we face the bankies you tend to know their players who can hurt you before you arrive into the ground ( players like joe Andrews , McKinnon , McElroy ( forgive the spelling) Alan jack from a bygone era, stefan gonet shutting you out etc .

Yesterday on the bus on the way up I wasn't fearing any names in the bankies lineup for the first time up there and its probably because Clydebank have been a victim of their own success with their very best players being head hunted by the senior teams which has really handicapped them.

I felt we were the better team yesterday although Clydebank weren't helped by their goalie who looked suspect for both goals for me .

As for the pitch it was in a remarkable condition considering its played on every single week and obviously lots of hard work has went on there, I know its looking increasingly likely but I wouldn't want to see Clydebank go down as I've always felt that they play football the correct way and also they do have a premier league support so they on the whole would be a big loss .

Thanks bud, we are down aye no quality of spirit at all. Been spoilt past few years some great players and we played some brilliant football.

Yesterday you can see for yourself - just lumping it up the park, no midfield really boys on holiday so the teams just going through the motions till we are officially down.

Price paid for success you are correct, lost 5 really good players haven't replaced. Not going to be easy next year to bounce back. All the best.

Archived