Clyde to ground share with shettleston

the town

Should be easy to work round the SPFL fixture list. West Region only look a week ahead anyway

Wouldn't think the West Region will hand out fixtures based on if Clyde are at home, also Scottish & Cups could be an issue as they won't be allowed to rearrange the fixtures but would have to find an alternative venue. Good luck to Shettleston with this venture as they have made big strides on and off the park and hopefully this adds to it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The West Region already work around the Lowland League fixtures of BSC Glasgow where Maryhill Juniors are concerned.

Ok, wasn't sure if BSC moved games to avoid a clash. My point about the Scottish is correct though (although could be overcome by giving up home advantage).

It is easier to move games within Junior Football although we have seen teams who share clashing this season.

IMO it is a calculated gamble but I wouldn't be comfortable with it for my club but good luck to them.

Glensmad. Your like a wee sweetwife on here and doing ma head in. Two sides to every story

EK Thistle juniors was knocked back by local residents due to some hilarious reasons(Noise.Traffic.Burger van worries. Lol) Village idiots right enough

You forget that I know exactly what happened. Not what the Clyde fans were told.

Put us all out our misery and tell us then?

It was all well documented at the time, I'm not going into it again.

As I've said before, I genuinely hope that Shettleston can do a deal with Clyde that benefits both parties. I have family who are Clyde supporters and would be pleased to see them coming back closer to their roots, and that is ultimately what the club want to do. But my message remains the same, Shettleston should just be careful, as all was not as it had initially seemed as talks developed after the initial promises made to our members. Good luck to them, though, as Shettleston are developing well as a club and this could be very good for them if the deal is right for all parties.

Bullshit glensmad....

Stop making clyde fc out to be something they aint..

Two sides to every story. Double check with your source,Hes obviously from glencairn side & only goin to tell one side o events...

I don't need "a source". 8)

Glensmad u say u know what happened and that Clyde fans were told sfin different. Then u say it is well documented and ur not going into it again. So where is it documented because I'm very interested?

Glensmad u say u know what happened and that Clyde fans were told sfin different. Then u say it is well documented and ur not going into it again. So where is it documented because I'm very interested?

He knows nothing!

Basically, to summarise in short, Clyde told Glencairn's members that they planned to re-develop our stadium up to senior league standard at their cost, in return for a mutually beneficial ground-sharing arrangement, subject to planning permission. When the members agreed to let the club's committee continue discussions, the goalposts moved and suddenly the plans that were produced bore no relation to what had been discussed and passed by our members for further discussion.

How do I know ? I was at some of the meetings.

Believe me or don't believe me, I don't really care. As I've said, I hope Clyde and Shettleston can come to a suitably agreeable solution.

Rather an empty house than a bad tenant. Pure tried to screw broadwood out lots of money. Broadwood just wants rid. wouldn't have them at my club

NLL would be extremely interested in keeping us there. Your argument is ancient and incorrect.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Cumbernauld Colts have Broadwood as there stadium did they not get a grant to relay new astro pitch and have all there teams train and play there ?

That's right. They use it 7 days a week and are the primary tenants I believe. Clyde basically turn up every second Saturday, pay an extortionate fee to use the pitch, dressing rooms, stands and hospitality for 5 hours than that is it.

The stadium is already looking quite ran down for being 21 years old and for the amount of money NLL garner in in rent, they don't bother their arse to spend it on bulbs for floodlights, replace broken seats, actually fix the taps in the toilets nor the dryers, nor even give the place a scrub. It's been a massive cock up for the council all be told.

Are Cumbernauld Colts not looking to enter a team in the Lowland league?

I've heard rumours about that but I couldn't say for certain.

Archived