Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Dundee

My first visit to the Caledonian Stadium beckons.

It'll be a tough game with Inverness having lost two on the bounce. A point certainly wouldn't be a bad result.

ETA: on the other hand, I'd certainly be delighted with the same scoreline as the last time the two clubs met on Easter weekend.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caley currently hold the Hot Potato, this is all the incentive Dundee need to come away with at least a point.

Ah, but how wonderful would it be to hand the hot potato to the dayglos?

We got a great draw up at Caley earlier in the season and now that Billy "the Dee slayer" McKay has moved down south I'm feeling a bit better about this one.

That said Marley Watkins has done well since coming in and has all the attributes to trouble out defence with his pace and timing of his runs in behind.

A point would be a great result but if we are serious about top then 3 points are probably required - can't see it myself though!

I have a bad feeling about this. 2-0 Dundee (cheats).

This fixture always reminds me of our glorious, cigar-smoking stroll to the 2010 1st Division title. What an absolute cake-walk it was. Sweeping all the other 9 teams aside with absolute ease, as they were all utter shite. Even Dundee (cheats) with that creepy Calum Melville pumping money into them.

This fixture always reminds me of our glorious, cigar-smoking stroll to the 2010 1st Division title. What an absolute cake-walk it was. Sweeping all the other 9 teams aside with absolute ease, as they were all utter shite. Even Dundee (cheats) with that creepy Calum Melville pumping money into them.

What you raging aboot?

Not really. We did struggle against the other sides in the league when ICT were winning but ICT only beat us on the final day that season when the league was already won.

:lol:

We've had a couple of tough games against Dundee this season. We did well to come away with a 2 - 1 victory over them at Dens at a time where we had been playing quite well. Now though we seem to be stuttering somewhat and obviously we don't have Mckay to call on anymore. Since he left we have only won once in the league and that doesn't really count as it was against Saint Mirren who are shite.

The recent defeat to Partick was an exceptionally disjointed performance and here's hoping we can bounce back and get a good victory. Ditch the 3-4-2-1 that we tried against Partick and lets go back to our settled formation and style please.

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Draper Tansey

Watkins Christie Williams

Ofere

Hopefully Brill will be back after he was on the bench against Partick. Esson wasn't exactly poor but we look a lot better with Brill between the sticks. Players like Shinnie, Draper and Christie really need to rediscover their early season form. A lot of the side have not been hitting the same high standards that they did a few months back.

How are Dundee looking? Any major players out injured or jailed?

The league table would appear to vinidcate our decision to go for the guid honest laddie something I must admit to being surprised at.

The league table would appear to vinidcate our decision to go for the guid honest laddie something I must admit to being surprised at.

Aye, come on though; you'd rather Paul Hartley as your manager surely?

Aye, come on though; you'd rather Paul Hartley as your manager surely?

Meh.

He inherited a decent side, will be found out soon enough.

This summer will be a massive test for him with players like Shinnie heading off to Aberdeen, Watkins likely to leave and Mckay already down gone. Most of the side will remain but he will likely need to find a fair few new players to come in to replace them if we are to sustain this good form. So far his only signing that has been successful is Tansey.

I've always liked Yogi mainly for the way he has his side playing football. The only thing with it though is that they pass the ball around but actually go nowhere with it. I'm just basing this on a few games I've seen though. Big test Saturday, both teams badly needing the points. Hopefully we get revenge on our defeat at Dens but I can't see it happening.

Erm, that's probably the seat I reserved to see if it would actually allow me to buy an away ticket so I could be helpful to you.

Please don't sit next to me.

Too late.

Archived