hurlford/talbot.....talbot/hurlford

maurice shavez

interesting,The Scottish cup holders bankrolled by a sugar daddy.Against the most successful team ever in this competition (everyone loves to hate) to date.

WIll this be the end of the macadam for Hurlford? or will they find the road to the final.

Who do you fancy representing the West?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont agree with any of that and as to who gets there they will b representing their club and community

Good luck to them both

What don't you agree with my good man? It is after all going to be an East West affair in the final. Talbot are the most successful team ever in this competitions. Ford have came from struggling to win a game to Scottish Champs in a short space due to, it would seem, influx of benifactor dosh. Sure, they will be representing their community and club, but also the West region, surely?

Dont agree with any of that and as to who gets there they will b representing their club and community

Good luck to them both

now you disagree with a bit of it?

It was post to stimulate a bletter on the semi that's all.It will be an east v west final and that's a fact.

Good luck to all in the semi`s.

now you disagree with a bit of it?

It was post to stimulate a bletter on the semi that's all.It will be an east v west final and that's a fact.

Good luck to all in the semi`s.

aye mon the juniors????

Lots of teams have spent a shed load of money ( haven't they meadow) and still not won the Scottish, Hurlford at least deserve credit for managing to win it. How long the money lasts, who knows? Think the games will be tight affairs but Hurlford could edge it if Talbots injuries don't clear up before the games. BTW fancy either of the west teams to win the cup whoever comes through the semi.

interesting,The Scottish cup holders bankrolled by a sugar daddy.Against the most successful team ever in this competition (everyone loves to hate) to date.

WIll this be the end of the macadam for Hurlford? or will they find the road to the final.

Who do you fancy representing the West?

This will be an excellent tie and you've previewed it well.

Having been a teenager when we won three in a row I never want to see another team get close to that record so usually want to see the holders go out. In this case there's no team I fancy more to do that than Talbot. They have the experience, tradition and ability to reach another final.

Knowing Tucker they will be prepared and approach the tie in the same humble fashion.

I'm biased obviously but Talbot by two goals on aggregate for me.

Exciting draw. Should make for some viewing over the 2 games, will try and get to the games if work permmits. For me this is Scotland's top 2 junior sides going up against each other and as a neutral it's probably the draw I'd have wanted. Seen Hurlford a few times this season and they have impressed me. Very dangerous going forward. However I think if Talbot can nullify the boy McKenzie and keep Kean quiet then they should be able to expose Hurlford defensively and make it to another final. My prediction ... draw in the first leg with Talbot to nick it at home. Good luck to both sides.

As has been said, another West v East final.

With Rugby Park, Kilmarnock unavailable for the final this year, which west of Scotland ground will host the showpiece? Somerset Park if they need to have ii in Ayeshire close enough for either west side to walk it to the ground.

Are you still living in Auchinleck Jimbaxters?

I was 18 when we won it in 86. Then the treble followed. What a great great time it was. The village and surrounding areas where being decimated by a heartless government and the people where at a low. What a time for Talbots achievements to happen. It gave everybody a massive lift except for those in Cumnock who where near suicidal.

How times change. :)

As has been said, another West v East final.

With Rugby Park, Kilmarnock unavailable for the final this year, which west of Scotland ground will host the showpiece? Somerset Park if they need to have ii in Ayeshire close enough for either west side to walk it to the ground.

I've heard Airdrie mentioned as a possibility

The final should be played at Hampden, why is it not,? I know it hasn't been for awhile, but I watched the FA trophy played at an empty Wembley, so why not Hampden.? If it's good enough for the amateur cup final ,surely it should be good enough for the juniors. I'm sure the players would rather play at an empty Hampden as a half empty Livingston and it adds to the occasion.

The final should be played at Hampden, why is it not,? I know it hasn't been for awhile, but I watched the FA trophy played at an empty Wembley, so why not Hampden.? If it's good enough for the amateur cup final ,surely it should be good enough for the juniors. I'm sure the players would rather play at an empty Hampden as a half empty Livingston and it adds to the occasion.

The Amateur final hasn't been played at Hampden for a while though.Rugby Park and Livvy have been used recently.

However,I agree that both finals should be played at Hampden as I've attended Amateur and Schools Finals there when,although the stadium was far from full, the fans still managed to generate a good atmosphere.

Archived