Dumbarton v Falkirk

You won but you certainly did not deserve to.

Two griping posts in the same minute suggests you're not a happy chappie.

So, we didn't deserve to win ? Fair do's, you're entitled to your opinion, but tomorrow you'll reflect that had it not been for ref Greg Aitken bringing a halt to proceedings you'd still be trying to score. For a team chasing a play-off spot Falkirk were utterly mediocre.

We were hardly brilliant either but perhaps we just had a bit more esprit de corps on the day. Not to mention a goal of some quality. A win apiece and two draws this season - let's shake hands on it 8)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we deserved the victory. If the Falkirk fans thought they were dominating the game, why did so many leave at 1-0 with 5 minutes to go? 45 minutes with the wind behind them yielded no goals and one shot on target.......

Canny believe the Sons fans who thought they played well!

You deserved to win because you scored and we didn't but you had no pressure at all other than that. Falkirk were indeed shite but we created more chances than Dumbarton did. I said at half time that we hadn't harnessed the wind and that we wouldn't score 2nd half. Ironically enough we had better chances in the 2nd than we did in the 1st. Cracking strike by the wee Morton guy though.

There will be a few Falkirk fans happy tonight though because they've found a new scapegoat in Morgan. He wasn't very good but he was no worse than most. Imagine the abuse if it was him that missed that header and not Baird!

So, we didn't deserve to win ? Fair do's, you're entitled to your opinion, but tomorrow you'll reflect that had it not been for ref Greg Aitken bringing a halt to proceedings you'd still be trying to score. For a team chasing a play-off spot Falkirk were utterly mediocre.

We were hardly brilliant either but perhaps we just had a bit more esprit de corps on the day. Not to mention a goal of some quality. A win apiece and two draws this season - let's shake hands on it 8)[/

quote]

First half Falkirk had the win behind them and did not use it to their advantage. No real clear cut scoring changes made by them. We were kicking into the wind and I agree we did not threaten your goals at all, but we had players closing you down to limit your scoring chances.

Second half the wind behind us and we did not use it to our advantage, however we dug in and fought for every ball and we played as a team today and got a wonderful goal to win the match.

Referee was bad for both sides. Could not believe him signalling a throw in when it was clearly a corner. The booking of Turner was for what as I don't know.

Houston complaining about the wind was a joke as it favoured them more so in the first half when it was stronger, but you did not use it. He should shut up and accept defeat with some grace. He has brought his team here before so should be aware of the conditions and how to use them.

Thought all of our players today played well and a clean sheet is nice to have.

Falkirk fans dry your eyes and move on. It looks as if you will be playing us next season as I did not see anything from your team to suggest you could win any play off matches.

First half Falkirk had the win behind them and did not use it to their advantage. No real clear cut scoring changes made by them. We were kicking into the wind and I agree we did not threaten your goals at all, but we had players closing you down to limit your scoring chances.

Second half the wind behind us and we did not use it to our advantage, however we dug in and fought for every ball and we played as a team today and got a wonderful goal to win the match.

Referee was bad for both sides. Could not believe him signalling a throw in when it was clearly a corner. The booking of Turner was for what as I don't know.

Houston complaining about the wind was a joke as it favoured them more so in the first half when it was stronger, but you did not use it. He should shut up and accept defeat with some grace. He has brought his team here before so should be aware of the conditions and how to use them.

Thought all of our players today played well and a clean sheet is nice to have.

Falkirk fans dry your eyes and move on. It looks as if you will be playing us next season as I did not see anything from your team to suggest you could win any play off matches.

I know the incident that you're talking about because I remember the Sons fans howling about it. It was indeed a throw though, not a corner. I had a clear view of the flight of the ball and it went out for a throw.

Having said that he gave us a corner a wee while later when it should have been a throw. The players had to ask him what they were to take!

Some hilarious whinging from Falkirk fans and particularly their manager today. Whatever happened to conditions being poor for both teams? A fairly even game which could have gone either way. It went our way because we scored a goal and Falkirk couldn't. Falkirk created the fewest chances of any visiting team I can remember this season so probably got what they deserved - nothing.

Can't quite believe we've lost that. 99.9% that was there only shot on target with Baird x3, Alston and Vaulks all coming close for us. Tells you everything when the home team's goalie gets MOTM. We played poor but in all honestly were still better than Dumbarton. Still got a chance to move to fourth on Tuesday!

Some hilarious whinging from Falkirk fans and particularly their manager today. Whatever happened to conditions being poor for both teams? A fairly even game which could have gone either way. It went our way because we scored a goal and Falkirk couldn't. Falkirk created the fewest chances of any visiting team I can remember this season so probably got what they deserved - nothing.

The manager talked sense. Dumbarton think they have just won the Scottish Cup.

Maybe your memory's not very good then because we had 15 efforts at goal with 8 on target.

I think Rogers is a very good goalkeeper and wouldn't mind him replacing McDonald who I think will leave next season. I feel you may have lost if you'd had an inferior keeper in there.

We were hardly brilliant either but perhaps we just had a bit more esprit de corps on the day. Not to mention a goal of some quality. A win apiece and two draws this season - let's shake hands on it 8)

But .. but .. but .. the wind :bairn

Maybe your memory's not very good then because we had 15 efforts at goal with 8 on target.

I think Rogers is a very good goalkeeper and wouldn't mind him replacing McDonald who I think will leave next season. I feel you may have lost if you'd had an inferior keeper in there.

. Nah, most other teams create more than that and at least score one of them. Check out our goals against column. Falkirk were one of the poorest sides to visit the Rock this season. We've probably done you a favour as the play-offs would only end in disappointment for you. See you next season.

Can't quite believe we've lost that. 99.9% that was there only shot on target with Baird x3, Alston and Vaulks all coming close for us. Tells you everything when the home team's goalie gets MOTM. We played poor but in all honestly were still better than Dumbarton. Still got a chance to move to fourth on Tuesday!

absolutely correct you are a better team than us.but as I said earlier that's 3 games you've been the better team and failed to beat us did dies. For me that's a huge huge problem for your superior team.free kick McDonald saved was on target so you post is starting to get a bit sour.i normally like Falkirk and the way you play etc but all your whinging is getting a bit boring.

Absolutely when you don't deserve to lose is frustrates big time. Any Dumbarton fan who believes they deserved to win today ain't being straight.

However you scored a superb goal and that was the difference at the end of the day

12 games played between us since 2012/13. Falkirk have 4 wins, Dumbarton have won 5 and there have been 3 draws. Clearly a huge gulf in class between the full time behemoth with its massive fan-base and the part time minnows.

The manager talked sense. Dumbarton think they have just won the Scottish Cup.

If we were awarded a trophy every time we beat Falkirk we'd have won plenty of silverware in recent seasons. I tend to anticipate a victory in these fixtures rather than fearing a defeat. Maybe what Houston said counts as sense in Falkirk.

Archived