Rangers v Cowdenbeath

I'm not familiar with Cowdenbeath so I'm not sure what formation they will play. I fully recognise that you pick a team and formation depending on the opposition however I feel that the performance last Sunday was so good compared to previous matches/months I would go with the same team and formation. I don't have a problem dropping players after a good performance if it's the right thing to do depending on the next opposition however after what has happened over the past few months I feel on this occasion it would be wrong. All the players individually and collectively should have grown in confidence due to last week's performance.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping we give Cowden a pumping to get our confidence up even more.

I wonder what formation we'll play, I thought we were really good with the 3-5-2 formation, but i dont think we'll play that at Ibrox against Cowden.

I think Vuckic and Walsh will come back into the team but I'm not sure who we would drop, hopefully not Dean and Murdoch, then again Law wouldnt get dropped either.

It's good to have a manager who actually uses tactics and tries different formations.

I wouldn't be surprised if McCall did indeed drop players, despite the excellent performance against Hibs, as he seems to be rotating quite a bit in an effort to give everyone a chance to prove themselves.

Still, I hope we can get a right good win to further enhance momentum and confidence going into the playoffs.

4-0. :)

The team selection with the formation was just so right just think after so many dismal displays with a 4-4-2. I think Rangers should go with the same again. Nobody deserves to be left out so let's go again with the same and build on that confidence. I sincerely think it would deflate the players if the personnel and formation was changed. Just to digress a little. If you read Wallace's

double page article in Saturday's Daily Record ... not clever then look at his reaction to the fans at 90 mins. How much did that motivate him to play so well and win mom. To prove to the fans he wants to stay and play with Rangers. I can assure fans Wallace does not want to go down south!

Why change it. Oh I know what Mohsni is like and if he was left out no surprise but apart from one mistake he was solid on the ground and in the air. McGregor like Wallace was superb in that wing back position. Yes you could switch Zaliukas to the left and play a back three of McGregor McCulloch Zaliukas. Good enough for me. A young lad playing wing back who has not been playing hmmm not convinced. If you mean a back 4 then again no problem. Hehe not sure tho anyone is going to convince me to change team or formation due to the reasons I've already said, only reason he may change is to not show his hand to Hearts?

I am only asking but have you seen Sinammon(sp)?..He is the under 20s captain. He is a great prospect and is an.out and out wingback and would fit in perfectly to the 3 5 2 system. With best will in the world McGregor is a centre back being shoehorned into that position.

I genuinely wouldn't be against that change... Honest! Just strongly feel Rangers have been looking for that sort of performance for months. Why change it? What I will say again is McCall will definitely have in mind the Hearts game. He will probably know his team now. That may instrument a change for Saturday.

McGregor played a blinder in that position.

Steady. He played well but he is not a wingback. He is our best centre back and that us where he should play.

It is Cowdenbeath at Ibrox. There wont be a better time to play the ypungster.

Sorry but Mohsni is a liability and i would be quite happy to never see him play for Rangers again

Agreed McGregor is Rangers best centre back and Mohsni is a liability most of the time ( definitely not last Sunday). With 8 important games to go in the league just think let's not change too much after Sunday. Keep this winning momentum going is the most important thing especially in the way we won last Sunday. If he plays I'm sure he will do well.

Archived