Real Madrid Forward "a luxury"

Sweet Pete

My concern is dinosaurs like this are anything to do with national teams in this country. A witch hunt is deserved, thoroughly called for. Somebody should set up a petition, this c**t needs sacking pronto and a real coach given his job.

Only Scotland could have one of Europe's top young coaches not involved with our youth teams and a dinosaur like this leaving out a guy at Real Madrid for not being a 'runner'.

Only Scotland eh?

Bloody Scotland, jumping to all sorts of conclusions based on relatively limited sources.

Bloody dinosaurs, sack the lot of them.

Fortunately chief, you don't wield any authority in this country. I would be pretty concerned if you did. You need to slow down a bit, and look at things from all points of view.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you need to get over your utter desperation to be reasonable.

Nobody said sack them all, good straw man. I said sack this guy, as he's a dinosaur.

Can you think of any other country that would ignore a player first choice for Real Madrid (current World and European champions btw, just for perspective) in favour of guys at Hamilton, Aberdeen and Bradford as they're not tall enough (despite being over 6" at 18 years old) and not a 'runner'?

If you can I would wager they're also shite and destined to remain so.

This is as blatant a case as you will ever find of a tube promoted miles out of his depth badly in need of being sacked before he does any more damage. Though sadly the SFA are run by tubes just like him so there is literally no chance of that happening at all.

My concern here is that this has turned into a total witch hunt.

If he has looked at the lad and decided he wasn't quite up to the standard of that level (physically or not) then that is a legitimate point. Folk are hyping this boy up and that's unhealthy whatever way you look at it.

I want to hear what sbragia has to say in response before I get my pitch fork out the cupboard.

I'd like to know how he performs without the service he gets in Real Madrid's youth team, and having to run back and get the ball back himself. Look at how shite the England players look when they don't have world class club mates to do it all for them and have to rely on each other. And how many top players were still playing in the youth team, not reserves, at 19?

Bring reasonable is so fucking overrated.

Only in Scotland mate. Ye couldny make it up.

In all seriousness this looks bad, very bad. But as I've said before there seems to be some dubiety of sources, and arms and legs are being thrown on. I want to hear sbragia explain the situation.

This is quite simply not a blatant case of anything. It's a strange set of comments regarding a youth player at Real Madrid that noone on here had heard of until now (with the exception of one or two youth football geeks, granted).

I might have missed it on the thread, but where can you find the actual under 19's squad for the game v Austria?

The SFA site or Twitter is usually the best place.

Heres the squad for the games against Austria, Italy and Croatia

Goalkeepers

Ryan Fulton (Liverpool)

Liam Kelly (Rangers)

Defenders

Lewis Martin (Dunfermline Athletic)

Scott McKenna (Aberdeen)

Ryan Sinnamon (Rangers)

Liam Smith (Heart of Midlothian)

John Souttar (Dundee United)

Calum Waters (Celtic)

Midfielders

Angus Beith (Heart of Midlothian)

Liam Henderson (Celtic)

James Jones (Crewe Alexandra)

Paul McMullan (Celtic)

Craig Storie (Aberdeen)

Tom Walsh (Rangers)

Forwards

Eamonn Brophy (Hamilton Academical)

Harry Cardwell (Reading)

Oliver McBurnie (Bradford City)

Scott Wright (Aberdeen)

Whatever, you're just being a dick now.

It is being reasonable to identify that is a guy out of his depth and unsuited to his job so best relieved of it. That's reasonable.

And no-one had heard of yeah right, speak for yourself buddy.

My concern is dinosaurs like this are anything to do with national teams in this country. A witch hunt is deserved, thoroughly called for. Somebody should set up a petition, this c**t needs sacking pronto and a real coach given his job.

Only Scotland could have one of Europe's top young coaches not involved with our youth teams and a dinosaur like this leaving out a guy at Real Madrid for not being a 'runner'.

I know your point here is about Ian Cathro. But for him to leave his position just now to coach Scotland's under 19s would be an absolutely crazy decision for him at this stage of his career.

Nobody said leave. It is very common for people to combine such a role with their full-time club role.

At 28 he could manage that no problem for a couple of years. Would aid his development as a coach, he would improve the players he works with, and maybe he could help some of our other coaches too.

It's a total no-brainer. Cathro should be asked to basically pick his job, whatever he wants outside of the senior job. All have been up for grabs recently and he's been offered none of them.

Is it just me who doesn't understand the whole hype around Cathro? Whats he achieved that Steve Clarke hasn't? And Clarke isn't exactly a world class manager.

Record of what? At under 19 level results are exceptionally unimportant and reflect at least as much on the players as the manager.

We got to the final of the u19 Euro's a few years ago. Results at that level basically mean nothing.

These comments have shown he is an utter imbecile a million miles out of his depth. The very last type of person we need working with our most talented youngsters.

/\ Ricky Sbragia

He means in one game with twelve year olds. What we know is he is assistant coach at Valencia aged 28, whose manager describes him as 'a genius' and 'a visionary', having never even played pro football. He has been a massive success at Dundee Utd, the SFA, in Portugal and now in Spain, and is known in Europe as 'the new Mourinho'.

I say he's worth a shot.

/\ Ricky Sbragia

He means in one game with twelve year olds. What we know is he is assistant coach at Valencia aged 28, whose manager describes him as 'a genius' and 'a visionary', having never even played pro football. He has been a massive success at Dundee Utd, the SFA, in Portugal and now in Spain, and is known in Europe as 'the new Mourinho'.

I say he's worth a shot.

Aye, and he's going to jump ship from all of that to become fucking Scotland U19 manager.

Aye, and he's going to jump ship from all of that to become fucking Scotland U19 manager.

Sigh, read the thread already mentioned. Nobody needs to jump anything. It is very common for people to do a job like that whilst also holding a full-time job. At 28 he would manage that no problem. Scotland u19 manager is not a full-time job.

It is also fantastic experience for a guy who has never managed anyone but kids before and a great thing to have on his CV if he does well.

The Austria game is tonight at 6 if anyone was interested. Anyone know if its being shown live anywhere?

I dunno how to feel about this knowing how Sbragia has picked the squad, obviously want them to win but it's shite knowing we are going into a youth tournament to try and tactically pick up results by running around a lot and trying to shitfest our way to one nils.

Archived