Real Madrid Forward "a luxury"

Sweet Pete

Jack Harper's sister was on FB earlier saying the Daily Record story is fabricated nonsense.

Yeah. Cant believe people actually believe a story which was only published in the Record.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/spain-look-nick-real-madrid-5394475

Sbragia's/Strachan's/SFA's response to this better be fucking solid.

If the quotes from his dad are true there then I'm not all that worried. He seems a down to earth guy and even though Harper is disappointed, he's not throwing the toys out the pram and going straight to Spain.

A guy on the radio (missed who it was) made a really good point. He said Sbragia can't expect a finished article, it's a youth tournament. If he wants him to track more, ask him to do it, and actually do some coaching. It's Sbragia's job to help develop the player.

Aye, that crossed my mind too. It's Sbragia's job to be developing these players at that level and if Harper is technically the best we've got then he should be in the team and doing the job Sbragia is asking of him. The fact he "hasn't seen him much" is even more embarrassing than his reasoning for excluding him. He's an International UNDER NINETEEN manager, if he's not got time to fly to Madrid and watch a 19 year old who's just been handed a 5 year deal at Real then I am Barbara Striesand.

A tactical decision...at U19 level...against Austria. Jesus wept I thought we had turned a corner over the past few years. Imagine if we did lose yet another young lad with potential, we can look back and say "Aye, but Sbragia was right, 0-0 was a decent result away to Austria"

This is the first time in my lifetime that I have ever been excited about the future of the Scottish game, which isn't too long admittedly as my first clear memories of the Scotland team was the Bertie Vogts era :( , and if we screw it up because of coaches that would have excelled in the Jurassic Period I will be utterly bereft.

I can't believe that Scottish players are more disciplined and work harder than those brought up in Spain! Just imagine how good the Spanish would be if they weren't such lazy buggers and stopped flouncing around the pitch.

Ps - I've always thought that Sbragia looks like an American Indian Chief.

The minute we start giving folk jotters for not selecting a player on good faith is the minute we're in a absurder position than not selecting the player. At least wait until the outcome of the Austria game ffs.

Why? The result of the Austria game means absolutely nothing. It's youth football FFS.

" Aye, we may be stifling the development of our talented players by choosing poorer taller players who are willing to put a shift in, but don't forget two years ago we beat Austria 1-0 at under 19 level so it's definitely worth it "

It's all very well he plays for Real Madrid's YCL team, has signed a five year contract by Real Madrid and is universally feted by those who have actually seen him, but, could he do it on a wet and windy Tuesday night at Alloa in February?

It's all very well he plays for Real Madrid's YCL team, has signed a five year contract by Real Madrid and is universally feted by those who have actually seen him, but, could he do it on a wet and windy Tuesday night at Alloa in February?

Hi Michael Chopra

*waves to Michael Chopra*

More alarming for me is not the quotes about "runners," but rather the man employed to coach a country's football team believes he hasn't seen enough of someone who is both successful at and highly thought of by one of the best teams in the world to pick him for a team. Isn't that his fucking job?

Haven't seen these quotes posted yet unless I missed them...

He said: "It would be great to have eleven technical players, but that doesn't happen now. The more games I see, the more it is becoming physical and the height factor. It has gone back to that now.

"They say 'let's play from the back'. There are not many teams that play from the back now, maybe the top four or five. They launch it and play off the second ball.

"Set-plays are a big part of it now. We lost a set-play against Finland and one against Norway. At that time, we were on the edge of maybe being too small and it was a concern.

"I looked at what I saw in Austria, Italy and Croatia - and they are big, physical teams - so that is the idea behind the squad I have got now.

"If it had been different depending on the draw, it might have been a different squad."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other-football/ricky-sbragia-says-scotland-19s-will-need-to-get-physical-to-succeed-201294n.121480341

Sounds like we're going to be playing some proper hoofball then.

SACK HIM!!!!! How can people like that still be getting jobs in football? How is that possible?

The best player in the world is 5'6", and Barcelona have the smallest team in Europe, yet give or take the best.

SACK HIM NOW!!!!

Craig Brown's comments are utterly idiotic as well and ilustrative of the cautious, arrogant, backwards attitude that pervades in the Largs mafia.

My concern here is that this has turned into a total witch hunt.

If he has looked at the lad and decided he wasn't quite up to the standard of that level (physically or not) then that is a legitimate point. Folk are hyping this boy up and that's unhealthy whatever way you look at it.

I want to hear what sbragia has to say in response before I get my pitch fork out the cupboard.

Just looking at his face annoys me. Get this absolute dinosaur to f**k now before its too late. His comments are fucking embarrassing, and his backwards way of thinking should be nowhere near a youth set-up.

Mr rational I see.

So his face literally doesn't fit for this job?

My concern here is that this has turned into a total witch hunt.

If he has looked at the lad and decided he wasn't quite up to the standard of that level (physically or not) then that is a legitimate point. Folk are hyping this boy up and that's unhealthy whatever way you look at it.

I want to hear what sbragia has to say in response before I get my pitch fork out the cupboard.

My concern is dinosaurs like this are anything to do with national teams in this country. A witch hunt is deserved, thoroughly called for. Somebody should set up a petition, this c**t needs sacking pronto and a real coach given his job.

Only Scotland could have one of Europe's top young coaches not involved with our youth teams and a dinosaur like this leaving out a guy at Real Madrid for not being a 'runner'.

Archived